It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doomsday Machine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here's a new book, written by the most famous whistle blower ever, Daniel Ellsberg, about the sheer madness becoming normal, acceptable—the massive build up of nuclear weapons in the world, led by the US empire, that can, no will, be responsible for almost 99 percent of the world population being wiped out!

Here, for the first time, former high level defense analyst Daniel Ellsberg reveals his shocking first-hand account of America's nuclear program in the 1960s. From the remotest air bases in the Pacific Command, where he discovered that the authority to initiate use of nuclear weapons was widely delegated, to the secret plans for general nuclear war under Eisenhower, which, if executed, would cause the near-extinction of humanity, Ellsberg shows that the legacy of this most dangerous arms buildup in the history of civilization--and its proposed renewal under the Trump administration--threatens our very survival. No other insider with high level access has written so candidly of the nuclear strategy of the late Eisenhower and early Kennedy years, and nothing has fundamentally changed since that era.

Indeed, the movie, that satirical masterpiece by the great Stanley Kubrick, Doctor Strangelove – where it is revealed that there may be in existence something called the Doomsday Machine—a kind of nuclear configured series of bombs that will ignite automatically if one side attacks the nation with the Doomsday Machine.

Ellsberg claims such a device is essentially a reality!

Framed as a memoir--a chronicle of madness in which Ellsberg acknowledges participating--this gripping expose reads like a thriller and offers feasible steps we can take to dismantle the existing "doomsday machine" and avoid nuclear catastrophe, returning Ellsberg to his role as whistleblower. The Doomsday Machine is thus a real-life Dr. Strangelove story and an ultimately hopeful--and powerfully important--book about not just our country, but the future of the world.

LINK

What this tells us is that WE all have to get on board FINALLY, in this world in fostering nothing but world peace amongst nations and stopping the insanity of a WWIII.

The book talks about Nuclear Winter where millions will starve to death because of the leftover affect of massive dust that will block out the sun rays as a result of any thermonuclear war.

People have become complacent and I guess don’t really understand this utter madness going on.

Yes indeed the human race can be wiped out of existence in a twinkling of an eye

I guess we better wake up—real soon!

edit on 6-12-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
*shrugs* everyone that has ever read anything on the subject knows that in a full on exchange it could be an extinction level event.

That said Russia has us outgunned on number of missiles, and we have both signed treaties and worked through decommissioning a large number of missiles, so it seems a bit of a stretch to say the US will be responsible for obliterating the world in a nuclear holocaust.

I do not think that even the crazy globalists that want a slave labor pool want a full exhange, the odds of survival are to small to guarentee they come out on top.

Limited exchange very very possible, but the survivability odds are much higher in that case.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As a former Missile Launch Officer once stationed in Minot AFB, North Dakota, my perspective on it is that full-on nuclear war will never happen because there's no money in it.

If I'm wrong, I'll buy you all a Coke.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Russians had (have?) the dead hand system. The US would presumably have something similar. dead hand wired article

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The book talks about Nuclear Winter where millions will starve to death because of the leftover affect of massive dust that will block out the sun rays as a result of any thermonuclear war.

Let's try to see a bright side.
This, if it were to happen, would solve the global warming problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No spoils of war to be had neither, hence "they" would never perpetuate full-on nuclear war as it would essentially equate to less control and no revenue.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
As a former Missile Launch Officer once stationed in Minot AFB, North Dakota, my perspective on it is that full-on nuclear war will never happen because there's no money in it.

If I'm wrong, I'll buy you all a Coke.

Absolutely agree, and we will not see a full on WW3 scenario either for the same reason. Its always about the money.

Also a ww3 event or nuclear event could destabilize the current power structure. Its not worth the risk for those in the top. So its very unlikely that will occur.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

First thing I thought of was Dr. Strangelove.

Consider this though. The controllers of all the nukes are the highest echelons of the halls of power. They spent enormous amounts of energy ad time getting everyone and everything under their control.

As control freaks it is their highest aspiration.

Destroying everything they worked so hard for is not in their nature. They will never do that knowingly. Some Madman lower down the chain may go MAD and unleash (M)utually (A)surred (D)estruction (MAD) upon the planet, but this requires second and third party 'Oligarchs' to be just as MAD as the rogue commander.

Like in Dr. Strangelove, ultimately they got control back and stopped the destruction. The ending in the movie is fantasy, there is no doomsday device or Cobalt Casing, like in Planet of the Apes.

Imo, all those weapons on missiles are to destroy the incoming alien fleet, the misconstrued angels, Gods and devils of Main Scream Religion, the real denizens that placed life here and will return one day to harvest their crop of humanity.

The wicked rulers here know thats the end for them, into the sun they will go. The rest of humanity will go on to lives in other dimensions, on other worlds.

The proof the elite have is in the secret files about Roswell and The Washington Flap. Like George Bush Senior said, if he told you, he'd have to kill you. His son on the same question:

edit on 6-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Exactly.

The controllers built all that infrastructure, emplaced all that financial debt burden, guaranteed themselves endless gravy train and supreme rule of all their Domain forever , only to destroy it?

So_ then_why build this enormous fleet of missiles, to stop... What?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Like in Dr. Strangelove, ultimately they got control back and stopped the destruction. The ending in the movie is fantasy, there is no doomsday device or Cobalt Casing, like in Planet of the Apes.

I don’t recall that being the end of the movie. I looked up the ending and it ended with destruction.

Though It’s a fictional satire

Anyway, check Peter Sellers out toward the end of this video, it’s hilarious

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
People say what happened in Dr Strangelove and the Dooms Day Machine concept could never happen because the US has too many controls.

However, what about the other nine countries with Thermo nuclear bombs?

Are they secured?

Israel, India and Pakistan, for instance.

The fact of the matter is to keep fostering a world with these weapons is absurd, destructive and utterly mad.

I realize most people are in denial and are therefore making excuses and avoiding this ugly reality, I understand that, for to actually realize the danger is frightening.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

By 'preventing the destruction', I meant the b52 aircraft were all successfully recalled, except one.

The rogue Generals MAD plan to start WWIII failed because they figured out his recall code prefix, "OPE".

The ending of the film is fantasy because there is no such thing as a doomsday device.

Brilliant movie , truthful up to that point.

ETA: Yes and that ending scene is funnier than Hell.

"Mein Fuhrer, I can Walk!"
edit on 6-12-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The subject of the movie in this OP is an escape hatch I provided so people can Fail safe

Avoidance

If you know what I mean

Ha ha ha ha fa

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No escaping the brilliant and provocative satire and political wet towel the film throws over the whole nuclear arms debate.

"Mr President, we must not allow a Mineshaft Gap!"

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I realize most people are in denial and are therefore making excuses and avoiding this ugly reality, I understand that, for to actually realize the danger is frightening.

That is the Primary Product of the arms race... Fear.

Can get killed walking the doggy, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You didn’t get the sinister pun....Fail safe

Google Fail safe and the subject becomes pretty dark...!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Actually, now the fear is abstract in our minds. Most people here weren’t around in the 50’s and 60’s were it was more a real fear.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You didn’t get the sinister pun....Fail safe

Google Fail safe and the subject becomes pretty dark...!

Yes I did. The whole idea of mass destruction to prevent mass destruction in order to cause mass destruction first, is not Punned, it is real. So hypocritical too the way we wield it and complain about others puny WMD at the same time.

I can see from the response here its an ignored subject in the land of Warmongers.
edit on 6-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling, additional

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Actually, now the fear is abstract in our minds. Most people here weren’t around in the 50’s and 60’s were it was more a real fear.

Huh yah, we had it ground into our psyche with doomsday siren tests every month, drills at school, television, film the threat of communism, the Vietnam war.... the list is endless.

I don't fear it anyone, much preferable to die incinerated in microseconds than slowly of cancer in some hospital bed.

But again the most likely scenario is cancer. They don't teach us how to avoid getting sick, just to be very afraid of the Commies.
edit on 6-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If it happens, it happens.

There's not much you can do about a nuclear bomb threat. Panicking is futile.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join