It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time's 2017 person of the year is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I wouldn't say it shows Time to be a joke, but it certainly shows how vapid US culture is regarding the US-only topics there. To me, that side-by-side says Americans have made their dimwitted empty reading material so well-known that even Time doesn't bother with anything more in-depth. Talk about knowing your customers well.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: trollz
I wouldn't say it shows Time to be a joke, but it certainly shows how vapid US culture is regarding the US-only topics there. To me, that side-by-side says Americans have made their dimwitted empty reading material so well-known that even Time doesn't bother with anything more in-depth. Talk about knowing your customers well.

Well I don't think it helps their credibility any if they have to alter their cover pages just to appease one specific country. You're probably right though, many people in the US seem to be rather behind in their knowledge of world events. I've even gone to college with people who thought Europe was a single country.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

edit on 6 12 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Very good point...for all these women who came out as victims. Imagine how many went along with Harvey and became big stars.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The things Im hearing that Ann Curry quietly endured, then quietly walked away from, make me want to drag Matt Lauer around to the back alley and work him over.

Its not the folks who went along that get me. Its the ones who didn't go along, but kept quiet because of the obvious futility of speaking out, that get me.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Should have been Wienstein, Louie, ect.
They are the ones who 'started' it

Once again, women, riding the coat-tails of men.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

hahaha, good observation.

And what does that mean with regards person of the year .... let's name some other type of person as companies are persons too.

To me this is a total absurdity, a nice example of either not being able to make up the mind, or not having the balls to make a call. This is spine and spice less. But I guess, good for those with high blood pressure and bad cholesterol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join