It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: two in three Trump supporters want a president who breaks the rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Oldtimer2

So the poll is wrong?

Look at what I've posted in the OP. All the things complained about during the Obama administration, Trump has doubled down on. Yet silence? Nothing.

But the poll is wrong, skewed.

I've got to give you credit. It's rare that we actually see valid criticism of Trump.

His authoritarian leanings have always been my number one concern, not the stupid Russia circus.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
More like break the ROE the repubs have been using to deal with the left.

I expect him to play by the anti trumper rules.

I want to hear them say, "Not Fair!" "Copy Cat!!" "Look! He's no better than WE are!" Beat them at their own game.

Like pardon everyone mueller indicts as soon as it's read. The FBI likes to hand out immunities? Let's see if they can be revoked and let's see if they can overturn presidential pardons.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Reminder: This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Under the recent deep state structure rules and laws only apply to elected republicans not beholden to the D.C. establishment.

Democrats on the other hand can get away with virtually anything. Just ask Her...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Except for a Democrat SOS having a private server. That is a sacred tenet from the Old Testament. Even if no one was ever called out for similar things before...like Colin "Hackable Laptop" Powell or George W "Oops We Deleted Thousands of Post 9/11 Emails off the RNC Server We Weren't Supposed To Be Using" Bush and his fellow Dick "The Deleter" Cheney.

Sacred , I tell you!!!!! (Begin the "Lock Her Up!!" Chants)

edit on 6-12-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

That was my phone. I was mortified and horrified.

Darn "I" next to the "o" - what sort of madness is this???

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Indrasweb

That was my phone. I was mortified and horrified.

Darn "I" next to the "o" - what sort of madness is this???

Too late.. the damage is done... I am forever scarred with that image..

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm not even surprised. Who would be?

Some 66% of Republicans classified by the researchers as “Always Trump” agreed that “because things have gotten so far off track in this country, we need a leader who is willing to break some rules if that’s what it takes to set things right”, according to a random sample of 2,019 adults.

More than half (55%) of all Republicans or Republican-leaning independents hold the same view, although Trump’s sworn opponents disagree.

www.theguardian.com...

It's already apparent that Trump is continuing the status quo. Drone strikes are up under this administration and Trump is looking to loosen the limits surrounding their use. He's been supportive in the expanding surveillance powers of the NSA. The administration supports the Patriot Act and it's continuation. There's talk of the introduction of private spies on behalf of this administration. The administration's insistence in keeping Guantánamo Bay open. Trumps insistence that the NFL somehow stop players from kneeling and silenty protesting during the anthem.

This survey is accurate in my opinion. In fact I think the percentage is far lower than what it actually is.

Love how they worded this.

Break some rules? What does that even mean?

Disrupt the way things have always worked in Washington? Sure.
Do Illegal things? No.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Eventually the dembs will regain the WH; will it still be ok to break the rules?

And why all the but, but Obama; he broke some rules.
edit on 6-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yea the democrats were crazy..

Thought trump was sooo bad they could use anyone..

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Eventually the dembs will regain the WH; will it still be ok to break the rules?

And why all the but, but Obama; he broke some rules.

Even after all you've read in this thread, you are going to stick to the "break the rules" terminology? This is why it's hard to debate with the Left.

This is the same group that had to have the words "is" and "sexual relations" parsed to them, so I shouldn't be surprised.
edit on 6-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
had a comment then Pavil beat me to it, such a vague and leading question should never be in a poll.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Has there been any response yet from President Clinton on how she feels about this poll?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join