It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review.......Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Filmmaking is all about the story and what a story it was. But when you put together a perfect cast, perfect location, screenplay that was simply brilliant in the context of a dark, very dark comedy, it should be Oscar material, SAG awards, all of em.
Flawless writing and directing by Martin McDonagh, and characters that made you feel something. This is more than just entertainment, it's cinema at it's very best. It was an honor to see actors at the pinnacle of their craft!

edit on 5-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I saw one commercial for it and knew I would like to see it.
Tomorrow is my plan. Good to read your review Olaru

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yep. thanks for the review sounds like thumbs up. I was thinking about going.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Probably a great movie.
To bad nobody will see it.
No super heroes,
No special effects,
No Jedi,

The only movies that put butts in seats today are movies like avatar.
That was just dances with wolves in space but it made more money than the GDP of some small countries.

Quality doesn't seem to matter anymore in our instant microwave burrito society.

6 of the top 10 grossing movies this year are super hero based. The other 4 are reboots, remakes and sequels.

I'll be seeing this one though.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Filmmaking is all about the story and what a story it was. But when you put together a perfect cast, perfect location, screenplay that was simply brilliant in the context of a dark, very dark comedy, it should be Oscar material, SAG awards, all of em.
Flawless writing and directing by Martin McDonagh, and characters that made you feel something. This is more than just entertainment, it's cinema at it's very best. It was an honor to see actors at the pinnacle of their craft!

When I saw the first trailer for this I thought something along the lines of "Cool! Fargo, redone!" Yeah I wanna see it...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

to be fair , because of the quantity of crappy movies due to what you stated about sequels, 809th superhero movie, and special effects vs plot, many don't even think about going to the theater any more.

i use to love to go watch the latest movies when they came out. however after years of being let down by those things and primarily watching netflix movies and skipping commercials when watching regular tv, its not even a thought in my mind of whats out playing in the theater or going to the theater.

i wouldn't be surprised if that wasnt the norm and why the non typical movies get less success.

edit on 571231America/ChicagoTue, 05 Dec 2017 23:57:59 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

so are you saying that you liked it?

lol , going to have to check it out.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
screener for this hit late last night/early this morning as well lady bird, blade runner 2049, i tonya and a few others
marshall hit too

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i watched this last night.

absolutely fantastic movie. francis killed it. rockwell killed it.

if you are a dark comedy fan(with some heavy moments) then i suggest you watch this flick for sure.

the way francis played the character shoots her right up in towards the top of my all time favorite female characters.

fo sho

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
screener for this hit late last night/early this morning as well lady bird, blade runner 2049, i tonya and a few others
marshall hit too

Are you a SAG screener? All I have so far is "get out" and "I Tonya"

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Just watched this. Fantastic movie.

top topics

join