It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoo hypothesis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: yuppa

Fermi was proven wrong by the discovery of the AI found and used by the Breakaway civilization. our ancestors prolly came from elsewhere and adapted humans to live on this planet. using DNA manipulation they could had made us look lik ewe had always been here.

Actually I don't think it does prove Fermi wrong. In A's thread A stated that the 100,000+ year old technology was human made.

True but...there are older races out there who fermi assumes are not as advanced. Our precursors i believe the 3rd iteration of humans before the 5th iteration of humanity left behind that AI.(were the 5th gen)
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: ooopsies

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I like the Loosh Farm idea. A planet harvested for it's emotional energies that are sustenance for extra dimensional beings.

It's one that makes sense on some level...food chain based on energy. Really good idea for a plot too. Pure hearsay nevertheless.

I thought there was a Futurama episode about loosh and can't find it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Only you guys can make a silly one line thread into this interesting read.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hey, hey! It was a two line thread so maybe you need reading glasses.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Actually, I couldn't care less about Fermi and scientists. However, an ATS member once quipped that solving Fermi's Paradox would get one killed by the powers that be. Dunno why he said that. No black vans accross the road today and still alive here this morning to enjoy my cigarette and coffee : )

Just having fun with Fermi as a logical extension of the meiosis/mitosis post.

The point of the matter is it might just be super rare for organic life to naturally develop past the aomeba stage.

As far as organic life is concerned, organic humanity here might very much be alone in the cosmos as far as other organic life.

If one thinks in regards to humanity's precursors, they don't have to be neccessarily organic, nothing to say that consciousness has to arise from organic origins.

What is very interesting to me is the idea that this organic world is potentially alone in the cosmos. If that is THE big secret of (non)disclosure, one can begin to understand why no one would want us to know.

One scenario is that the population would become terrified that there is nowhere for organic humanity to run to if something goes wrong here. Like a war in North Korea or a nuclear reactor meltdown polluting the Pacific Ocean.

Out of fear, the population would make huge demands from the rich elite, religeon, corporations and government to fix the current problems and not cause more potential problems.

Some of the population would begin to kill scapegoats and destroy those whom they see as "purpurtrators".

The potential would be for civil and international war on an unprecedented scale in history, and for a genuine reason too.

Perhaps organic humanity needs to believe in a future amount the stars or it will tear itself to bits in this current state of world affairs.

That scenario would account for what we see today in the mass media. To counter the real danger of extinction by war and corporate greed, humans need to believe in ETs from the stars to save them. Humans need to believe that colonies on planets orbiting other stars.

That "UFOs" and "aliens" are visiting such as "Grey's" can be put down to them being here for a long time, left over from a previous high tech organic human civilisation that self destructed long ago here on earth.

Given that consciousness survives death, an extinct civilisations of humans might see their mistake and regret it. That would account for the concept of "zoo" or "sanctuary" of life and DNA repositories.

Perhaps the ETs are simply the remnants of past civilisations all working to get back into the world of organic life.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typos

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

What is very interesting to me is the idea that this organic world is potentially alone in the cosmos. If that is THE big secret of (non)disclosure, one can begin to understand why no one would want us to know.

Who could know without checking most of the cosmos? Even if someone could, life might have evolved elsewhere by the time they returned here.

Given that consciousness survives death, an extinct civilisations of humans might see their mistake and regret it. That would account for the concept of "zoo" or "sanctuary" of life and DNA repositories.

If the survival of consciousness was proven it would blow the doors off all our limitations. We'd straightaway be faced with conjectures of ecosystems in the realms of consciousness. Plus I guess there would be considerations about entanglement and levels of life. For instance, would consciousness be anchored to the local space of Earth or would it also exist in other worlds? If life ended on Earth, would the consciousnesses exist elsewhere? If so, what terms would we use to define life?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Who could know without checking most of the cosmos? Even if someone could, life might have evolved elsewhere by the time they returned here.

Quite right, there is no way to know for sure.

However, one can esoterically investigate what is normal here and make an educated guess as to elsewhere.

I'm leaning towards the idea of organic life not necessarily getting past the stage of simple cell division (mitosis) because division is how Nature Spirits reproduce. (I am using this as a base-line, a basic standard.) That is to say; when a Nature Spirit grows weary of "living" she will divide herself into six or eight child versions of herself complete with her memories and the memories of her ancestors in that lineage. The daughters are all identical and from the moment of becoming they experience "life" as their own and begin to diverge in experience from their sisters. Mom then "steps back" as they say.

Not all survive by the way, in ancient times human magicians would capture them and use them for magical purposes.

This is so of my own friend and her daughters, she was the first to show me how Nature Spirits are born. Also the wood-nymphs of England and Arthurian fame. The Lady of the Lake, Nimue, is one. Nimue and her sisters are probably responsible for the multiple supposed locations of the legend. Nimue's great great great grandmother is still not far away from her children. She was here before earth had organic life. I asked her where she came from originally and all she would tell me was "elsewhere".

The Nagi (snake gods(?)) of India, I've been treated to meeting one of their "precious things" too. An adorable shy little girl.

I understand that humans, as spirits, also reproduce by division but incarnation complicates that one. For me, the secrets of human spirit-world evolution are in the too hard basket. A taboo subject it seems, with punishment for the inquisitive (I know).

There is a lot I don't know or understand about the origins of organic life. Division (mitosis) I can observe esoterically and so far, this seems to be the norm, in both organic life and the noin-physical life of the "spirit" world.

The big question for me, is how the hell does an organic world make the jump from reproduction by division to sexual reproduction.

The evolution of a species from a simple organism such as an amoeba, to a complex organism such as a cat or dog would, I think, be statistically impossible if it relied on simple division for reproduction. The rate of change would be too slow to populate a complex ecosystem such as our earth has.

Once sexual reproduction is introduced to the equasion, where every child is genetically different from mom and dad, does the rate of evolution speed up to where a complex ecology could possibly become in the time our earth has been here.

If I ask the Nature Spirits here ast home about this addition of sexual reproduction here on earth, the reply is that the process of growing life here on earth was hijacked and taken out of the Nature Spirit's control during what we would call the Triassic period.

"It was not our intention to bring about a race of technologically minded creatures." -- Nature Spirit friend. (note: "technologically minded" is my translation of a concept I couldn't put into words.)

"It was not our intention to destroy our world." -- ditto.

My understanding is that the period from the hijack event in the Triassic period to now is not normal planetary growth, but an intervention.

If indeed so, then it follows that organic worlds as we know this one are likely to be anomalies rather then the norm.

Given that technological societies such as our western culture build dangerous tools and destroy ecosystems then it may simply be that anomalous technological civilisations don't live long. It is said of Atlantis that their technologies destroyed their civilisation, so too Lemuria, and then there was the Vedic wars where weapons of great destruction (some say atomics) are said to have been used.

Crap I waffle on.

If the survival of consciousness was proven it would blow the doors off all our limitations. We'd straightaway be faced with conjectures of ecosystems in the realms of consciousness. Plus I guess there would be considerations about entanglement and levels of life. For instance, would consciousness be anchored to the local space of Earth or would it also exist in other worlds? If life ended on Earth, would the consciousnesses exist elsewhere? If so, what terms would we use to define life?

I dunno any of those answers Kandinsky, and they are valid questions too.

However I would simply suggest that in terms of evolution within a practical timespan, it is a question of mitosis vs meiosis.- means of reproduction.

Would humans, or any race of technological organic Beings who brought about their own extinction and destroyed a living world in the process be welcome anywhere else in the cosmos?

Perhaps that is the question . . . . .

edit on 9-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity and typos, added note on translation from nature spirit.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've given it some thought, and slept on it.

If the survival of consciousness was proven it would blow the doors off all our limitations.
We'd straightaway be faced with conjectures of ecosystems in the realms of consciousness.

"ecosystems in the realm of consciousness", I like that, nicely put.

For one; another ecosystem may be the world of fairies and Nature Beings.

Plus I guess there would be considerations about entanglement and levels of life. For instance, would consciousness be anchored to the local space of Earth or would it also exist in other worlds?

Entanglement = degrees of interdependence?

If life ended on Earth, would the consciousnesses exist elsewhere? If so, what terms would we use to define life?

One could start with one we know, organic life[/I] and assume there are other types of life. If we keep it simple we can bar the doors to the metaphysicians who will argue consciousness vs mind till the cows come home.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

electric lifeforms...tech life..inter dimensional...anti life..all life but not as we know it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It's not often I see so much thought or effort on ATS. It used to be quite common and has become a dying art.

I don't know much about nature spirits beyond fable and books on mythology and folklore. They would certainly become far more intriguing if we established the existence of a consciousness ecosystem. It would seem almost inevitable when we consider how fond of food chains nature is.

It's a source of continued amazement to me how we are three quarters other stuff, microbes, bacteria and so on. Very little is *us* even though we are integrated to the point of laying ownership upon every part of our mind and body. Complexity in all directions...

Given that technological societies such as our western culture build dangerous tools and destroy ecosystems then it may simply be that anomalous technological civilisations don't live long.

Aye. Therein lies the rub. Look how many have fallen or been consumed, integrated for us to be here at this 'peak.' Most people don't realise the value of critical masses either. For example, the Chinese didn't invent guns and we couldn't have done so without their invention of gunpowder. Two small factors that led to our satellite technology. I'm digressing I know.

Would humans, or any race of technological organic Beings who brought about their own extinction and destroyed a living world in the process be welcome anywhere else in the cosmos?

In the short term, possibly not. However I tend to see these things on greater time scales. We're more like a bubble in a rushing river of life through time. Life is what matters and how it must continue.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

But how does one relate to them? Or them to us?

Common ground is relevant, common concerns . . . .

These are the things that bring "people" together.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's a source of continued amazement to me how we are three quarters other stuff, microbes, bacteria and so on. Very little is *us* even though we are integrated to the point of laying ownership upon every part of our mind and body. Complexity in all directions...

I've thought along those lines too.

And then there is the concept that we incarnate as a spirit into a body of flesh. I sometimes liken that to possession in a way. Perhaps in the soul world possession is a science . . .

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's a source of continued amazement to me how we are three quarters other stuff, microbes, bacteria and so on. Very little is *us* even though we are integrated to the point of laying ownership upon every part of our mind and body.

Has anyone actually found any bit that is *us*? Have you found you yet? What is 'you'?
What is it that is 'laying ownership'? Is there really any ''thing' there?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"ecosystems in the realm of consciousness" I really like that but before I get to life existing as Light, has anyone ever wondered what happens if you put silicon into life? A great article on New scientist poses that very question -- www.newscientist.com...
Some great posts and ideas on this thread - keep them coming

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm a single spark in a fire that's been burning forever and so are you.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

. . . . . or simply a bubble of awareness in the flow of the waters of time.
Created in an instant by motion and gone a moment later.

(grin) sorry for bursting the bubble . . . .

. . . . .I'm feeling metaphysically jaded this morning.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

. . . . . has anyone ever wondered what happens if you put silicon into life?

You would get a buxom lass . . . .

edit on 10-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
a reply to: DpatC

. . . . . has anyone ever wondered what happens if you put silicon into life?

You would get a buxom lass . . . .

You would get Key the metal idol. lol. Or rei ayanamei in 3rd impact form.

But seriously... The way to interact with all life is the common gound we all share. existence. Startin gfrom there is a great point to build a better understanding.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Third impact? Perhaps I should watch the remake. The Rei and Asuka twins?

I did try to watch it, but poor ol' Gendo was not the same voice in the English dub. So much was lost, a meer shadow of his former evil self.

But seriously... The way to interact with all life is the common gound we all share. existence. Startin gfrom there is a great point to build a better understanding.

Quite right there yuppa, existence is common ground. However, in practice, humans are not popular and are avoided in general for obvious reasons.

It would follow that one would need to be useful to them in some way for actual dialogue to occur.

Reasons . . . . .

Mutual interests . . . . .

If one's own agenda coincided . . . .

edit on 10-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added last line as a hint for mutual contact with potential friends and allies.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
But seriously... The way to interact with all life is the common ground we all share. existence. Startin from there is a great point to build a better understanding.

I can see where your coming from and to some extent, I agree but may I ask how would you relate to somebody that exists as a being of Light? What would the common ground for existence be. Ever wondered what kind of conversation you would have with a being like an "Angel" Just imagine you and the "Angel" down the pub having a pint chatting about matters of being.
That would be a understanding and interaction I'd love to see - just saying

edit on 12-12-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join