It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92% OF ALL ALIENS ........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Hahahaha "Strawman" it's a yes or no answer, and that's the best you can do so your answer doesn't make you look intellectually dishonest.

You invented a false position as if it was my stance on the matter.
That’s a strawman.

I didn’t give you a “yes or no” because it is a dumb ass question, with an obvious answer.

Oh good then you answered the question to your own strawman you previously set up.

you only favour the rule of law when discussing a law you agree with.

Now that IS a strawman argument, see you aren't winning this one.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

For those that think this is bad, it is very clear they no longer favor the rule of law in America.

People who want to ban abortion don’t favour the rule of law.
People who want pot legalised don’t favour the rule of law.

That pretty much covers 100% of people.

I get it though, you only favour the rule of law when discussing a law you agree with.
Welcome to the gang. A gang that will probably be outlawed one day.

That's the weakest argument we hear from the left. Just because a person doesn't agree with a particular law doesn't negate the argument. Seriously, what kind of distorted reasoning is this?

That's how laws change mate. Because enough people make enough noise via lawsuits and it eventually gets heard by SCOTUS and either changes is modified or goes away entirely.

There are such things as just and unjust laws.

At one time if you were a black person in the US you had to sit at the back of a bus.

So based on YOUR logic the black people who didn't favor that law because they disagreed with it should still be sitting at the back of a bus right?

edit on 6-12-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
[kelbtalfenek: Thank you for pointing out the statistic error/mis-statement of ICE. Criminal charges and criminal records are very different than immigration fugitive or illegal reentrance. The laws need to be altered so migrant workers can legally enter in a more reasonable way that is accessible to lower income/poverty people. It is so much cheaper to enter illegally than legally because legal entry is out of the reach of many people.

I have talked to people who have their green card and they spoke of the difficulties of acquiring one.

It is so much easier to keep track of legal migrants than illegal migrants.

I find it hard to believe we cannot find a way to track migrant workers with all the computerized data available. Some large companies do not want this to happen because they can underpay and otherwise abuse migrants to save money. Follow the money people!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Christosterone
My grandmother was beaten to death by an illegal Mexican in the mid 1980s.
He cut her fingers off as her arthritis made it too difficult to remove her wedding rings..
She had $22 and a ring worth less than $100...
Her house was in a tiny West Texas town and he had been cutting grass for neighbors for a few months...
He was tracked down near Amarillo and sent to meet his maker after 9 or so years in Huntsville...

-Chris

Sorry for your loss.

I am sure I am not telling you anything you dont already know.

But dont let this one horrible illegal represent them all.

And this is coming from a person that thinks we have a huge problem with illegals and many should be deported (if not all).

But man, what a tough story.

I am a moralist...and a Texan..
Therefore I would never pre-judge a culture based upon the actions of one wretch...

To date, my wife and I have sponsored 22 new citizens...
11 Mexicans, 3 Hondurans, 2 el Salvadorans, 6 Brazilians...

I do not believe in hiring non-citizens(even to put my Christmas lights up)
So circumstances saw me encourage, foster and pay for the above [now proud] Americans...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am a moralist...and a Texan..
Therefore I would never pre-judge a culture based upon the actions of one wretch...

To date, my wife and I have sponsored 22 new citizens...
11 Mexicans, 3 Hondurans, 2 el Salvadorans, 6 Brazilians...

I do not believe in hiring non-citizens(even to put my Christmas lights up)
So circumstances saw me encourage, foster and pay for the above [now proud] Americans...

-Chris

This is what every left leaning person in Cali should be doing, anywhere really.

This is the proper way to signal virtue if thats your thing. I understand that they wouldnt want to actually be in the same physical space with them, so they can "Sponsor an Immigrant" from a distance and auto draft your donations and get Facebook alerts when they reach milestones.

Remember when sponsoring a child programs were big and everyone bragged about how they had one or more they sponsored? This can happen for immigrants, and I think would drum up alot of support.

Does anyone know how Cher's immigrant adoption at her house she called her peers to do is going?
edit on 1262017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join