It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos is looking for ideas for philanthropy!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yay! Bezos is now looking for ideas!!!!!

I have one, PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES IDIOT!

NBC

Gates donated 5 percent of his net worth to charity this year, which may have made it easier for Bezos to breeze past him. Bloomberg calculated that Gates would have a net worth of about $150 billion if not for donating large portions of his wealth to charitable causes.

Bezos has been giving away Amazon shares worth about $500 million every year since 2002. However, just in June, Bezos sent out a tweet requesting ideas on how to make sure his "philanthropic activity" is "helping people."

These pricks need to stop figuring out how to use the money wisely and start paying their employees and allowing this country to thrive once again.

Amazo n workers working 55-hour weeks and so exhausted by targets they 'fall asleep standing up

Amazon workers are so exhausted by long hours and relentless targets they are falling asleep on their feet, according to a new investigation. Employees reportedly had timed toilet breaks, a claim denied by the company. Some were made to do compulsory overtime, meaning they were working a 55-hour week ahead of the Christmas period. Pictures taken by an undercover reporter captured workers asleep standing up as they reportedly had to process a parcel every 30 seconds.

I've heard about the working conditions at Amazon and they are deplorable. Yes I used deplorable.

Anyone else think it's time for some French Revolution style action to really drive the message home?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That's not the American way in these times

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Anyone else think it's time for some French Revolution style action to really drive the message home?

No.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Jeff Bezos is looking for ideas for philanthropy!!!

The Internet Whiners Fund is a really great one I like to give to as a 1%er.

That and the one with the doggies and Sara McLachlan.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

"Looking or ideas for philanthropy"... AKA, How can I divert my money and avoid paying taxes while still being a billionaire (see Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, Ruppert Murdoch, and every other billionaire "philanthropist")

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That's not the American way in these times

It's all ego related has nothing to do with wanting to be a good person.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Charity = deductions

Deductions = less taxes

Less taxes = more money

However, I'm not sure what the difference is between charitable and capital expenditures (employees) so this line of logic could be faulty.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

"Looking or ideas for philanthropy"... AKA, How can I divert my money and avoid paying taxes while still being a billionaire (see Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, George Soros, Ruppert Murdoch, and every other billionaire "philanthropist")

Actually that didn't even cross my mind for some reason. All this Python syntax and Cisco commands have my mind weary today.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Charity = deductions

Deductions = less taxes

Less taxes = more money

However, I'm not sure what the difference is between charitable and capital expenditures (employees) so this line of logic could be faulty.

Totally agree.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Bezos asks a strange question

It’s really not difficult to determine what to do for charity in our world of suffering due to massive poverty.

edit on 5-12-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There's no poverty there's just people who don't want to work hard, you know that.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Willtell

There's no poverty there's just people who don't want to work hard, you know that.

You been crying the same tune for years now and yet we are still alive.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ideas for Bezos to put money into:

- Safe spaces for media members

- Furry suits for otherkins

- Thicker knee pads for NFL kneelers

- Fund to help Mexico pay for the wall

- Fund to buy millions of copies of Hillarys book to get it to #1

- Buy more scoops of ice cream for Trumps associates

- Hire tweet vetters for trump

- Free wedding cakes for gay marriages

- Build an actual "Sanctuary City"

And for a cause that can unite us all;

- Free butt plugs for everyone.

If your reading Jeff, hit me up if you are interested in any of these ideas.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Charity = deductions

Deductions = less taxes

Less taxes = more money

You forgot to add that people who are really rich and give buckets of money to "good" causes then get to talk about it in order to show how "good" they are.

If you simply improve working conditions for your employees or pay them more, it takes a *lot* before they'll be satisfied, and you don't get to play Daddy Warbucks.

So this is a form of nacissism, but if good can actually be done, then let it be done. However, sometimes too social engineering is also another term for "philanthropy." See Gates Foundation and Common Core.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thicker knee pads for NFL kneelers

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

and let's not forget Change.org

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But it gets their names in cool magazines and websites!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The uber rich should be allowed to spend their money however they like, if they want to avoid taxes why should we have say?

These rich people earnt their money and they should be able to spend however they like ,if that means avoiding paying into A broken system so be it, these folk know damn well that tax money will only be wasted by politicians after all.

Only the poor and the middle class should be paying into the system, as they haven't earned the right not to.

Hope I didn't break anyone's sarcasm meter.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

lol.... good round of sarcasm

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Money being spent is money going back into the economy and into someone else's hands.

So long as it's being spent on something and not locked in the Scrooge McBezos vault, what's it to you?

And there is no sarcasm there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join