It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Topics Missing Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To preface this query, some important info about my browsing of ATS.

I come here virtually everyday and mainly use the New Topics section to scan each day's topics. Very rarely do i miss a day coming here, and I always try to at least glance at every thread title.

The alien ufo, gray area threads, just by their symbol, i generally always read the OP of each thread.

What Ive noticed over the last 6 months on countless numerous ocassions, is that many threads, particularly ones in the Gray Area and ET UFO, high strangeness areas, slip through my attention.

I dont recall ever seeing these threads in the New Topics stream, but when ive clicked on each individual sub forum, i have found very very interesting threads several handfuls of times.

The obvious explanation is that i simply missed them, which is quite possibly the case.

Of course theres the thought in the back of my mind similar to an earlier thread this year about micromanaging what people see and post here that is tickling the back of my brain.

Thoughts?

edit on 5-12-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

It is clear that politics get the bulk of the traffic today. It is also clear that UFOs have been put on the back burner. We can blame tons of worthless images and videos of supposed UFOs have burnt out a big segment of ATSers. "Lights in the sky," with drones abounding all around us, is not worth the time it takes to watch them. Other reasons is about a lack of quality, not quantity.

Part of the reason for that decline in interest is the continual amount of sophomoric and asinine threads about ETIs that are of little value.

Then there is what I believe is disinfo efforts to kick or mock the topic at every chance by genuine agents of deception mocking, deriding and denying every thread. Such a plan was set back in 1947 and there is no reason to think that has changed especially in this day of the ease of communication.

Few UFO threads today seem to have the capability to think of the ramifications of alien contact beyond a fifth-grade level. No one wants to seriously look at humanity and say, "Well, what and how would superior life forms handle working with the mess we have made of ourselves?

Life is so much safer when cognitive dissidence has its way in the human mind. So via various ways the words of Jack Nickelson's character in the movie A Few Good Men rings true for all aspects of UFOs on ATS: :"You want the truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth."

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
aww....I miss the mising forum..........oh somebody, what was that name...investing or the stock market or fundamental global macros.....what was that long gone hasn't been seen in 4 years

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
"Up to the minute market information", I think.
Memorable title, but did not encourage me to go to the thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
why would topics like UFOs and Aliens exist on a political forum?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Lmfao.

Did anyone want to address the topic at hand in the OP?

Its about threads not appearing to me in the new topics stream but appearing in the sub forums.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Its about threads not appearing to me in the new topics stream but appearing in the sub forums.

Life is Meritocracy. Whatever gets the most replies, goes to the top. Most peoples interests are not as refined as yours, so as elsewhere, you have to dig deeper to find the meat. I dont think the topics are manipulated by anyone other than the mass mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Of course theres the thought in the back of my mind similar to an earlier thread this year about micromanaging what people see and post here that is tickling the back of my brain.

Hiya Bro,

Staff aren't able to move threads up or down pages beyond the *bump* which puts old threads to the top. The *bumped* threads stand out because their last posts will be much older than the 'live' threads underneath them. I only see the *bump* being used for PSA threads about hate posts or manners.

If one or more staffers were bumping threads to promote their political beliefs, the rest of us would make sure it stopped. Springer would likely can them too. It's not done and wouldn't be acceptable.

A quick scroll through recents shows 3 UFO threads and 3 Skunk Works threads. Politics dominates people's thoughts which is why we see so many political threads and far more frequent posts about politics. One day it might change to bakery or military secrets. Who knows?

Sometimes it's worth hitting up the archives and reading threads from a few years ago. You could check out some of Skyfloating's threads too; he wrote some very popular threads.

new topics

top topics

join