It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Grambler

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits .

Not my Country, but maybe, just maybe, if you didn't have so many immigrants on the dole, as you say, you wouldn't have these problems.

You do what you want.

Just sayin...............

I think he said a minority of people swindling not minority people swindling.

As far as I know most immigrants work hard over here, the rate of pay makes it vry profitable for them to do so.

I know what they said. The U.K's already over stressed social support networks didn't need more people from the outside the U.K. adding even more burden on it.

In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Likewise, in the latest data from 2013 for those tax credits, 3.9 million (84.8 per cent) families receiving the benefits were British citizens, 302,000 (6.4 per cent) were EU citizens and 413,000 (8.8 per cent) were from outside of the UK.

7.5 % of working age people receiving benefits were from outside the UK and 15.2% of families receiving benefits were from outside the U.K.

link

Sugarcoat it all you want. They are the reason your system is welfare system is stressed. It's a significant percentage and number that doesn't help your situation.

Your own link says "In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent). "

So are you saying that the welfare system is stressed not from the 92.6 percent of British claimants but the 5% who originate from outside the UK?

Only 2.5% from within the EU and that does not take into consideration the number of UK nationals living in the EU and claiming benefits in other countries.

Are you really saying that 5% is a signifcant percentage?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Is it too late to say "too bad" or is that already covered?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits .

Not my Country, but maybe, just maybe, if you didn't have so many immigrants on the dole, as you say, you wouldn't have these problems.

You do what you want.

As far as I know most immigrants work hard over here, the rate of pay makes it vry profitable for them to do so.

I know what they said. The U.K's already over stressed social support networks didn't need more people from the outside the U.K. adding even more burden on it.

In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Likewise, in the latest data from 2013 for those tax credits, 3.9 million (84.8 per cent) families receiving the benefits were British citizens, 302,000 (6.4 per cent) were EU citizens and 413,000 (8.8 per cent) were from outside of the UK.

7.5 % of working age people receiving benefits were from outside the UK and 15.2% of families receiving benefits were from outside the U.K.

link

Sugarcoat it all you want. They are the reason your system is welfare system is stressed. It's a significant percentage and number that doesn't help your situation.

Your own link says "In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent). "

So are you saying that the welfare system is stressed not from the 92.6 percent of British claimants but the 5% who originate from outside the UK?

Only 2.5% from within the EU and that does not take into consideration the number of UK nationals living in the EU and claiming benefits in other countries.

. Read the whole thing......15.2% of families receiving tax credits, which I assume mean low income, are Non British. It's your Country. Your problem. You have to deal with it and pay for it, not me.
edit on 6-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Her last words would no doubt have been "Islam is a religion of peace" just as her head was coming off.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You do what you want.

link

. Read the whole thing......15.2% of families receiving tax credits, which I assume mean low income, are Non British. It's your Country. Your problem. You have to deal with it and pay for it, not me.

Tax credits are a system to top up the earnings of low paid families meaning they can still work and have a living wage.

Just grabbing figures without having any idea of what you are talking about is not a great way to put forward a winning argument.

You might be better off taking part in a discussion on something you understand.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: Konduit
Unfortunately, assassination plots against Prime Ministers are just part and parcel of life in an Islamic nation.

I guess you've never heard of the IRA? They almost succeeded in taking out Maggie by blowing up a large hotel. Shocker huh?

And they were rightfully labeled a paramilitary organization, given a strict travel ban by the UK and the US and the British government did a nation-wide crackdown on their supporters... not give them welfare, free government housing, and tell everyone who criticized them to stop being racist.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

edit on 6-12-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Unfortunately, assassination plots against Prime Ministers are just part and parcel of life in an Islamic nation.

I guess you've never heard of the IRA? They almost succeeded in taking out Maggie by blowing up a large hotel. Shocker huh?

And they were rightfully labeled a paramilitary organization, given a strict travel ban by the UK and the US and the British government did a nation-wide crackdown on their supporters... not give them welfare and tell everyone who criticized them to stop being racist.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So are we now going to treat terrorists like the IRA now?
That would actually be a good plan, no?
edit on 6/12/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
So are we now going to treat terrorists like the IRA now?
That would actually be a good plan, no?

What you mean put them under survailance, infiltrate them, arrest them stop them commiting acts of terror that ind of thing.
Pretty sure that has been happening here in the UK for quite a while now.....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

"I understand that the head of MI5, Andrew Parker, briefed Cabinet ministers today (Tuesday), such is the seriousness of what they believed they have uncovered. "It is in essence an extreme Islamist suicide plot against Downing Street. Essentially police believe that the plan was to launch some sort of improvised explosive device at Downing Street and in the ensuing chaos attack and kill Theresa May. "This is something which has been pursued over several weeks at least by Scotland Yard, MI5 and West Midlands Police. "It came to a head last week with the arrest of two men, by armed police, who were charged with preparing acts of terrorism." Naa'imur Zakariyah Rahman, 20, from north London, and Mohammed Aqib Imran, 21, from southeast Birmingham, are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on terror charges on Wednesday morning.

Catching them before they kill anyone is a good thing, is it not?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You do what you want.

link

Tax credits are a system to top up the earnings of low paid families meaning they can still work and have a living wage.

Just grabbing figures without having any idea of what you are talking about is not a great way to put forward a winning argument.

You might be better off taking part in a discussion on something you understand.

Lol, the number of Non UK citizens getting tax help is a drain on your system. It is. You can deny it's "just a little" but you try and make ends meet on 15% less income and let's see how your life changes. Those were 2014 numbers, have they grown or shrunk since then?

Again it's your problem, I'm merely pointing it out. Cursing at the messenger rather than the actual message.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And they were rightfully labeled a paramilitary organization, given a strict travel ban by the UK and the US and the British government did a nation-wide crackdown on their supporters... not give them welfare, free government housing, and tell everyone who criticized them to stop being racist.

The IRA were given tacit approval by many US organisations who seemed to view them as romantic freedom fighters. Just take a look at pretty much any movie from the 80s/90s where the IRA are portrayed. They are rarely if ever portrayed as the thugs and drug dealers running protection rackets that they actually are. Indeed there were collection tins for 'the cause' in several New York fire departments snd many of their weapons were sourced in the US. There were some high profile weapon shipments intercepted right up until about 2000.

The 'crack down' from the US side of the pond only seemed to happen post 9/11 when the US suddenly developed a slightly less understanding view of international terrorist groups.

As for not giving them welfare - most of the 'freedom fighters' of these paramilitary groups happily live in council houses while claiming benefits from the state they talk about overthrowing.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
Her last words would no doubt have been "Islam is a religion of peace" just as her head was coming off.

If it wasnt for all these darn infidels, it would be peaceful, so yeah the ends always justify the means.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You do what you want.

link

Lol, the number of Non UK citizens getting tax help is a drain on your system. It is. You can deny it's "just a little" but you try and make ends meet on 15% less income and let's see how your life changes. Those were 2014 numbers, have they grown or shrunk since then?

Again it's your problem, I'm merely pointing it out. Cursing at the messenger rather than the actual message.

I am not cursing the messenger I am saying that the messenger does not have enough of a grasp of the situation to give an accurate message that's all.

I am not an economist but am pretty sure that 5% of non eu claiming benefits at any one time would not be considered a major contributing factor. Zero unemployment is unfeasable and not good for an economy.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Don't worry, I'm sure in the near future Commissioner Mohammed will be working closely with Mayor Mohammed and Prime Minister Mohammed to crack down on radical Islamization.

In all seriousness, when Islam has the numbers to start influencing elections and setting policy the UK is going to be in serious trouble.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Thank you for typing what I couldn't be bothered to.
Deny ignorance seems to have been somewhat forgotten here...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

We've actually gotten to the point where people are now defending the IRA as an excuse to justify the rise in radical Islamic terrorism.

At least we can agree that there are striking parallels between the two.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

A regular Bobby is not the same as an armed officer. Regular Police do NOT carry firearms in the UK. I'm guessing you are American. Armed officers on duty only happened after 9/11 for a time. Good luck with the hyperbole and fear though.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You do what you want.

link

I am not cursing the messenger I am saying that the messenger does not have enough of a grasp of the situation to give an accurate message that's all.

I am not an economist but am pretty sure that 5% of non eu claiming benefits at any one time would not be considered a major contributing factor. Zero unemployment is unfeasable and not good for an economy.
Is 15% of tax assistance credits going to non UK citizens not a major factor either? We obviously disagree. You are the one footing the bill for it, not me. Enjoy it. Balance your budget by cutting benefits to all. There's a finite amount of money for such things, spend it how you wish.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

A regular Bobby is not the same as an armed officer. Regular Police do NOT carry firearms in the UK. I'm guessing you are American. Armed officers on duty only happened after 9/11 for a time. Good luck with the hyperbole and fear though.

I'm sure you have noticed its Americans that buy into the fear as they have been conditioned to, the media influence in everyday decision making is substantial.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join