It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Grambler

A terror plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May has been foiled, Sky sources have confirmed.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It's the latest in a number of terror plots that police and MI5 believe they've foiled this year.

Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

I am glad this was foiled.

Truly frightening if this plot was indeed in the works.

I don't get why anyone who hates Britain would want to assassinate Darth May, the best way to screw up the country is leave her bumbling along the way she is...

Clearly these were terrorists that put "Britain First".

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Grambler

Four successful Jihad I terror attacks so far this year in the UK. Thank the lord they foiled this one

If they banish the SOB's from the country, there will be fewer plots to "foil".

Before 9/11 if you mentioned terrorism in the UK your first thought wasn't Islam, it was Ireland. The IRA/INLA etc carried out many attacks on the UK mainland resulting in civillian and military deaths. They bombed civilian targets and assassinated members of the military and public figures. They would execute unarmed people in their homes in front of their families. They would kidnap and torture people in the most barbaric if ways. They also made an attack on the Prime Minister, using an improvised mortar against Downing Street. These acts were carried out by white Christians, mostly of the Catholic faith.

Do you consider all Catholics from Northern Ireland to be potential terrorists and believe that banishing them from the UK mainland is a viable and reasonable option?

Bear in mind that attacks in the UK from Islamic fundamentalists have been almost universally carried out by UK citizens, so banning people from entering the country is unlikely to reduce attacks.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well, this thread went south fast, didn't it?

Lol.

edit on 12 6 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

Bear in mind that attacks in the UK from Islamic fundamentalists have been almost universally carried out by UK citizens, so banning people from entering the country is unlikely to reduce attacks.

Being a UK citizen doesn't preclude them from also being an Islamist.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
They planned to blow open the gates then stab the PM??

They dont sound like the sharpest tools in the box do they, they should watch some McGyver or Impossible Mission re-runs...

Thick as mince regardless of their 'religion' which is probably why there were brainwashed, 2 thick no hopers, paid with Saudi money to go to the dark side, then carry out their version of Allahs will.

I wonder how many of these breadcrumb trails the authorities trace back to Saudi Arabia? I mean, we are a pretty clever individually and as a bunch, Five Eyes, surely we follow the breadcrumbs? They cant be that clever to cover their trails?

edit on 6 12 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I love the people comparing this to mass shootings too. In mass shootings idiots try to blame the guns. At least in these attacks (or foiled attacks in this case) we're blaming the actual people and their motivations.

I find that when a mass shooting occurs rational minds discuss gun control, idiots come out of the wood work and defend gun ownership.

If Britain was a country where explosive devices were in every home, we'd be having a very different discussion.

Comparing the two is just down right stupid!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Just about every single president and prime minister around the world has had dozens upon dozens of death threats and/or attempted plots to assassinate them. Literally.

So why is this one so special that it gets plastered all over the MSM and its very own thread on ATS ?

I have had a thought, as I catch up on this, rhis morning, regarding this.

I wonder if this actually happened. Let's face it, Darth May is the least popular British Premier since Gordon Brown (or John Major since Brown became leader by default). This "foiled plot" could simply be a pitiful attempt to garner sympathy for ol' Theresa. If she wants sympathy, she can find it in the dictionary between Sh!t and Syphilis!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
They planned to blow open the gates then stab the PM??

They dont sound like the sharpest tools in the box do they, they should watch some McGyver or Impossible Mission re-runs...

Thick as mince regardless of their 'religion' which is probably why there were brainwashed, 2 thick no hopers, paid with Saudi money to go to the dark side, then carry out their version of Allahs will.

I wonder how many of these breadcrumb trails the authorities trace back to Saudi Arabia? I mean, we are a pretty clever individually and as a bunch, Five Eyes, surely we follow the breadcrumbs? They cant be that clever to cover their trails?

Yeah, they would have got as far as the gates. Just about every second window on Downing street would have lit up like a christmas tree with return fire. Instead of suicide bombing maybe they should have taken up script writing for Four Lions II.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

7/7 was the first terrorist attack on British soil.

That's right, because the IRA were well known for their knitting circles, coffee mornings and peaceful, sit-in protests?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Unfortunately, assassination plots against Prime Ministers are just part and parcel of life in an Islamic nation.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: PaddyInf

Being a UK citizen doesn't preclude them from also being an Islamist.

Agreed. It does sort of put the immigration question in perspective though. How would further banning people from entry to the country reduce terrorist attacks if the people perpetrating them are born and bred citizens of the target country?

ETA I am not advocating an open boarder policy in any way. I am focussing more on how reducing immigration is an ineffective way of tackling home grown terrorism
edit on 6 12 2017 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I woke up this morning with visions of throwing grenades into number 10 downing street because of the cuts in benefits!

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits (manly those who were taking the pee so far as to building mansions back in their homeland).

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Ah yes, the religion of pieces at it again.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I woke up this morning with visions of throwing grenades into number 10 downing street because of the cuts in benefits!

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits (manly those who were taking the pee so far as to building mansions back in their homeland).

The other option is Labour who will promise the World but are unable to pay for it without putting the country into even further debt. The current austerity measures are due to the Labour government borrowing more money than could be paid back. When the Tories took over number 10 there was a note left on a table saying "Welcome to the new office, Sorry there's no money left'. Labour made their voters feel good at the expense of shafting future generations.

Slightly off topic there...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned as I have not read the whole thread [which I normally do], but I find it interesting that an attack on our [so called] Prime Ministeress ha been foiled, probably due to some kind of intelligence they have been following up, but when it comes to the peasants [sorry, normal people], we can get blown up, driven into and throats cut, despite intelligence usually knowing about the perpetrator.
Which means that they considered saving her life more important than the general public.

If they'd just put as much effort into protecting us all, I'd be rally impressed.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

They believe they foiled? ..... not have foiled .... but believe? ....

hmmmm..

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits .

Not my Country, but maybe, just maybe, if you didn't have so many immigrants on the dole, as you say, you wouldn't have these problems.

You do what you want.

Just sayin...............

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Tories are screwing everyone over. Lots more homeless on the streets since these new benefits rules came into force and these were put in place because of a minority of people swindling benefits .

Not my Country, but maybe, just maybe, if you didn't have so many immigrants on the dole, as you say, you wouldn't have these problems.

You do what you want.

I think he said a minority of people swindling not minority people swindling.

As far as I know most immigrants work hard over here, the rate of pay makes it vry profitable for them to do so.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Unfortunately, assassination plots against Prime Ministers are just part and parcel of life in an Islamic nation.

I guess you've never heard of the IRA? They almost succeeded in taking out Maggie by blowing up a large hotel. Shocker huh?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: pavil

You do what you want.

I think he said a minority of people swindling not minority people swindling.

As far as I know most immigrants work hard over here, the rate of pay makes it vry profitable for them to do so.

I know what they said. The U.K's already over stressed social support networks didn't need more people from the outside the U.K. adding even more burden on it.

In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Likewise, in the latest data from 2013 for those tax credits, 3.9 million (84.8 per cent) families receiving the benefits were British citizens, 302,000 (6.4 per cent) were EU citizens and 413,000 (8.8 per cent) were from outside of the UK.

7.5 % of working age people receiving benefits were from outside the UK and 15.2% of families receiving benefits were from outside the U.K.

link

Sugarcoat it all you want. They are the reason your system is welfare system is stressed. It's a significant percentage and number that doesn't help your situation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join