It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First statement regarding corruption sweep from Saudi AG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The number of individuals subpoenaed by the Committee stands at 320 individuals. Since the last update issued on the 9th of November 2017, and as a result of information revealed, additional individuals have been subpoenaed to provide any relevant information...
Committee transferred a number of individuals to the Public Prosecution office. As a result, the current number of detainees is 159 individuals...
As a precautionary measure, the bank accounts of 376 individuals are frozen, all of whom are either detainees or linked to their corruption allegations...

www.spa.gov.sa...

Sounds as though a lot of them are being pressured to settle, and most already have.

Forbes says Prince Alwaleed bin Talal was offered a settlement including house arrest, zero media availability, and forfeiture of most his assets. It was rejected and expected to reach a trial.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

"

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at www.ft.com...
www.ft.com...

Switzerland’s banks have begun reporting suspicious account activity among some of their Saudi Arabian clients to the Swiss Money Laundering Reporting Office, part of the federal police service, according to people close to the situation.

Lawyers acting for the banks have submitted information over the past week and expect several dozen submissions to be made in total, said two people involved in the process.

The exercise reflects the banks’ nervousness about being found in breach of rules governing money laundering and corruption. It follows the arrest last month of more than 200 people, including some of Saudi Arabia’s richest businessmen and princes. They were detained at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Riyadh as part of an anti-graft operation launched by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s powerful heir apparent."

With so much money tied up and frozen, I guess some otherwise hidden money is going to be moved about.

Also makes me wonder if part of the reason for this is to keep all that royal money away from the Aramco IPO in January. Maybe I'll find time later to flesh that idea out and make it's own thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
www.ft.com...

"

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at www.ft.com...
www.ft.com...

Switzerland’s banks have begun reporting suspicious account activity among some of their Saudi Arabian clients to the Swiss Money Laundering Reporting Office, part of the federal police service, according to people close to the situation.

Lawyers acting for the banks have submitted information over the past week and expect several dozen submissions to be made in total, said two people involved in the process.

The exercise reflects the banks’ nervousness about being found in breach of rules governing money laundering and corruption. It follows the arrest last month of more than 200 people, including some of Saudi Arabia’s richest businessmen and princes. They were detained at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Riyadh as part of an anti-graft operation launched by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s powerful heir apparent."

With so much money tied up and frozen, I guess some otherwise hidden money is going to be moved about.

Also makes me wonder if part of the reason for this is to keep all that royal money away from the Aramco IPO in January. Maybe I'll find time later to flesh that idea out and make it's own thread.

You need to edit this. we are not to advertise sites in our pos.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Tried editing it earlier, but the button doesn't seem to be working for me. Been having issues with that invisible ad overlay being discussed on the support forum

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You may not like this, but I suspect this is linked to Trump's ME visit and 'perhaps' a little pressure was applied. That may have credence if the gov't has intel which connects many of these people with 9/11.

That is speculation but it seems to me that the House of Saud dislikes change as much as any that hold power. This is unprecedented, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I am inclined to believe that if we aren't the prime mover, we are at a minimum fully aware, supportive, and cooperating on something this big.

Not sure what triggered it. Could be linked to sponsoring extremism here and in Europe. All those Madrasahs don't fund themselves. Might even be a link to Mandalay Bay given the timing, though there's little else to suggest that.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I am inclined to believe that if we aren't the prime mover, we are at a minimum fully aware, supportive, and cooperating on something this big.

Not sure what triggered it. Could be linked to sponsoring extremism here and in Europe. All those Madrasahs don't fund themselves. Might even be a link to Mandalay Bay given the timing, though there's little else to suggest that.

I'd be more concerned with who as opposed to what triggered it. To wit: a CIA-like move or a Trump move. It 'looks' to be a good move on the surface of it. I hope it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: RadioRobert

You may not like this, but I suspect this is linked to Trump's ME visit and 'perhaps' a little pressure was applied. That may have credence if the gov't has intel which connects many of these people with 9/11.

That is speculation but it seems to me that the House of Saud dislikes change as much as any that hold power. This is unprecedented, to say the least.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is something we should be paying attention to. Some big things are happening behind the scenes and we can't see it.

Lynn Rothschild is going on and on on Twitter about inclusive capitalism and spreading the wealth nonstop.

What are we missing?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This is something we should be paying attention to. Some big things are happening behind the scenes and we can't see it.

Lynn Rothschild is going on and on on Twitter about inclusive capitalism and spreading the wealth nonstop.

What are we missing?

That may be the real question here. Trump, the rogue leader who is 'out of control'? Or another move by TPTB? ( Not that there aren't other possiblities.)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

We have no idea.

Trump has a power behind him... notice how he acknowledges Isreal often and publicly... touching the west wall and so forth?

I'm pretty sure he is backed by the Jesuits and Vatican/ Black Nobility.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

We have no idea.

Trump has a power behind him... notice how he acknowledges Isreal often and publicly... touching the west wall and so forth?

I'm pretty sure he is backed by the Jesuits and Vatican/ Black Nobility.

I support Israel and I don't have the Vatican/ Black Nobility doesn't back me....just saying.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Just because you support Isreal doesn't disprove the zionist or Jesuit support of Trump.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

First Salman strips the mullahs of the power to arrest and hastens a move toward a more secular, liberal society. Then the "corruption sweep". Now the GCC is collapsing with UAE and the Saudis turning on Qatar with a few comments from Trump indicating we're siding with the Saudis, UAE, bloc... Interesting times.

I'd be more concerned with who as opposed to what triggered it. To wit: a CIA-like move or a Trump move. It 'looks' to be a good move on the surface of it. I hope it is.

Well, Qatar is a longtime friend that we're seemingly putting pressure on to save the GCC. Trump made some off the cuff comments to that effect. Noone likes how friendly they are with the Iranians or their support of Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood, etc. I'd say Trump seems to be fully behind the Saudis given evidence to date.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Just because you support Isreal doesn't disprove the zionist or Jesuit support of Trump.

Doesn't prove it either. Having said that, my understanding of 'Zionism' is the goal of a Jewish State. Goes back to the 1930s or so. One would think they'd approve of Trump's support of Israel.

Jesuits? Spare me.

You've got all of Europe still addicted to Saudi oil. That crowd, by the way, is the source of anti-Jewish sentiment...Christ Killers....

The truth? Who knows....

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wrapping things up in the "Let's Make a Deal" phase, it appears:

SA releases some corruption detainees, others to stand trial

Saudi Arabia has released 23 of the 200-or-so powerful individuals detained since November on corruption charges after they reached deals with the government, Okaz newspaper reported on Tuesday.

The report did not name those involved in what appeared to be the first large-scale release since the royals, business people and government officials were detained in a crackdown spearheaded by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Okaz said more detainees would be released in the coming days and trial proceedings would begin soon for those who continue to deny the charges against them.

new topics

top topics

join