It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I blame you ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: SolAquarius I guess you didn't know this but I have a little farm like atmosphere in my backyard. So I do go out alot. I had a business trip in Scottsdale the other week then I took some some time off to go to San Diego and got back the other day. So your point is.......

That's great.

My advice was not for you specifically it was for everyone including myself who gets sucked into spellbinding world of the internet and it's manufactured narratives, divisiveness, and polarity politics.

I have to remind myself that the universe is larger and more wondrous then the narrow tunnels of perception we carve out on the internet.

Glad to hear you unplug it good for your pyche.
edit on 5-12-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
But recently the left has been out of control...

They have been like that since Trump got sworn into office...and they will continue to get more out of control until he gets out of office or loses next election. Hold onto your britches...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with ideals, like feeding your neighbor and the like.

What I don't care for is someone telling me that I need to help others because they say I should. If you want to take up a certain cause and tell people about it, great, but don't try to shame others because they don't feel as strongly or the same way that you do.
Not directed at you, OP.... just saying.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've also moved away from the left, I am actually registered to vote in the Democrats primary election yet. That will change next time. In the primaries I did vote for Bernie.

Next time I am going to vote Republican in the primary. I won't be able to choose any Democrats in local elections though, that sucks. I still can vote for the Dems I want in the regular elections though.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What is your avatar of? I keep seeing a fungus or some mushroom everytime I look at it but it's not one
HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I blame those allaroundyou! But not you, allaround you, just those allaroundyou...

around and around they go, where they stop? Nobody knows ...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry Very clever lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The first two responses to your post just solidify your new-found stance, eh? The frantic, impulsive need to claim that you said something that you didn't or that you are something that you're not is not just a left-wing thing, it's just that, since the right has control of the fed. gov't at this point, they're the insanity being heard the loudest right now.

When Obama was president, especially his first two years, the right was just as insane.

You should look into what defines someone as libertarian-minded...that's probably your new home, and IMO, the most sane place to be that brings with it a political label.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There you are. I think that's all it is. I didn't watch all 3 minutes though.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Obama never took away your guns. Why do people believe in delusions?

Trump hasn't built prison camps for minorities or illegals either

No, he's just literally built a wall around your country and had a flight ban enforced. Unfortunately it isn't to keep your military in, it's just to keep the people effected by your military out.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

He didn't say Obama once in that post.
He didn't say anyone took away his guns either.

Your post is completely delusional.

You know, M, Obama did not use trumps name while once,while talking about, thinking before you tweet, and not to tweet the first thing that pops in your head. Now who do you think she was referring to??? My guess would be trump, who would yours be?

You don't ALWAYS have to say something, infer something.

edit on 5-12-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Trump hasn't built prison camps for minorities or illegals either

No, he's just literally built a wall around your country and had a flight ban enforced. Unfortunately it isn't to keep your military in, it's just to keep the people effected by your military out.

"Literally"?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

He did give it the old college try though, didn't he?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

I was thinking that but passed...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

But I am now going to throw in the towel. I am a no longer going to endorse the left. I am in the middle/right.

Leave the damn cave altogether. Come outside, enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
And how is this the fault of ATS, sounds like you were right of center to start with.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Welcome, new friend! You're speaking the wisdom that many before you have embraced. Even Reagan was once a Democrat who was brought into the light by the grace of God and an observant view of what was happening around him, particularly amongst his former allies.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Proud to have you on board, Allaroundyou

I also defected from the left, as a result of the sham 2016 Democratic primary. The party of democracy and liberalism (true, classical liberalism) should not be rigging primaries and thwarting the Democratic will of the party base.

The fact that the Dem party is rampant with purity control, communist apologists, and false-progressives who have an "all or nothing" belief when it comes to fringe/special interests.. is my primary reason. The real progressives voted for Bernie Sanders, and refused to vote for Clinton after it was clear the primary was slanted in her favor (if not outright stolen - both are pretty shameful for the Democratic party).

I personally voted for Trump because he was able to inspire his base the same way Sanders did. Both were outsiders standing against the deep state establishment, and seek to overturn corrupt officials.

Over a year later, Libertarian/Classical Liberal/Republican amalgamation JBurns reporting in
edit on 12/5/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Of course he didn't. That slippery slope started in the 1930's when the ridiculous NFA was passed. Then, to make matters worse, the GCA sprang up in the 1980's resulting in extremely high prices for transferable automatic weapons.

And before you ask, yes machineguns/explosives/missiles etc are clearly protected by the second amendment. Otherwise, these would be exempt or otherwise denounced in the many letters/works of the founding fathers. Clearly both explosives and machineguns existed when the second amendment was written. Our founding fathers had no such desire to restrict these weapons (and especially not by the state - who the founding fathers aptly labeled the most serious threat to liberty).

Additionally, standing armies are unconstitutional (minus the Navy, and organized/unorganized militia). Since the people not serving in the Navy or organized militia are the unorganized militia by default, we are clearly have a clear interest in maintaining and bearing weapons of war. How else are we to fulfill our vital function as the last line of defense against tyranny/invasion/insurrection/etc?

I believe in compromise, though. I'm more than willing to compromise on a new bill covering total and comprehensive background checks, in exchange for total repeal of the GCA and major amendments to the NFA.
edit on 12/5/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Good idea

As Plato said, "my eyes! it is bright outside this cave."

You mean Plato didn't actually say that?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join