It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon evaluating U.S. West Coast missile defense sites - officials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

If a missile was targeting the USA and in flight, all commercial aircraft would have to be grounded, long before. Because the interceptors would target anything flying with a heat signature. Would the Chinese understand if one of Air Chinas Boeings got taken out? Any military action on NK would require a cessation of all civilian traffic, on land air and sea, long before actual hostilities broke out to avoid third party damage. How can you tell innocent third parties to stop legal commercial commerce because you want to start a war.? I wonder if War is actually feasible these days.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

No, they really wouldn't. The interceptors use radar guidance from the SBX or ground based radar systems to get them close to the incoming missile, at which point their IR seekers take over. They won't even see aircraft flying near them at launch. Until they separate from the booster they're enclosed in an aerodynamic shell.

Commercial traffic will be affected, but will simply find new routes to avoid the conflict zone. It'll make for longer flights, but they'll keep right on flying. There is no reason to ground them for anything short of a WWIII level, end of the world nuclear attack.
edit on 12/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ANNED

If a missile was targeting the USA and in flight, all commercial aircraft would have to be grounded, long before. Because the interceptors would target anything flying with a heat signature. Would the Chinese understand if one of Air Chinas Boeings got taken out? Any military action on NK would require a cessation of all civilian traffic, on land air and sea, long before actual hostilities broke out to avoid third party damage. How can you tell innocent third parties to stop legal commercial commerce because you want to start a war.? I wonder if War is actually feasible these days.

As Zaphod noted air traffic would have a minimal impact other than being at war. Flights already vector around NK anyway.

That being said, If the launch an ICBM and it detonates in say SF en.wikipedia.org... they would be having issues with ALOT of countries. If they hit Washington DC or New York, then pretty much the world........ People get touchy when you destroy an embassy and kill its staff

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That's was my main point, people are very mobile these days, plus tourism is big bucks simply because you have a lot of foreigners on your soil spending money. If China is an ally of lil kimy, and Chinatown gets nuked, along with a Russian delegation or whatever, the implications for him would be horrendous, and the action would defeat its purpose. Collateral damage would backfire, to the point of the action being useless.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
I feel confident that in the scenario you just highlighted, both China and Russia would instantly storm the border and finally handle that problem once and for all.

NK just has no idea how up, its time is.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i dont know much about military stuff, but wouldnt common sense tell anyone that military vulnerabilities are best kept a secret?

am i the only one who finds a few things odd lately.

1. why on earth would the U.S. and its "emp vulnerability" be blasted across every newspaper in the world.
2. why would the need for missile defense sites be public media discussion
3. why would a country like NK who has essentially no food and does not have the energy or electrical structure to run at night, therefore runs "dark" with no power night after night...decide it'll be smart to take on the military industrial complex leader?
4. i cant think of one other country who's ever "allegedly" threatened the U.S. for this long and lived happily ever after.

something is not adding up. there is orchestration taking place and it could be in several areas from govt to economy to war to politics...the media's coverage choices are suspicious to, very soap-opera and distraction based.

ive never felt NK is what we have been told. im sure you remember those "beheading videos" that apparently were not real. I remember wacthing them and within 3 seconds of them playing i knew they were fake since i had seen so many real ones. everything from framing, resolution, lighting, subject shot timing, distance etc immediately registered as fake. i get the same vibe from videos on NK.

i think the real conversation that we should be having is not any of this stuff but more in relation to the "Space Fence". regarding war though it works in great with the De-population agenda if we nuke each other.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: Arnie123

Didn't we have the Nike Ajax and Hercules missile systems in the 60's and 70's?
How were they able to target incoming ballistic missiles?

They probably wouldn't have worked and they used nuclear warheads of their own.

The Safeguard system might have worked, but the big gun Spartan missile used an enormous 5MT warhead with a # ton of pure gold to generate X-rays in space. It would almost certainly cause a big EMP on yourself. Its warhead was once tested underground in Alaska (too big for Nevada) and made a 7.x+ earthquake.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
After America illegally bombed Syria without a declaration of war to kill more Alpha Males through the Military like they did with Afghanistan and Iraq, I can only imagine they are analyzing missile defenses on the west coast.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have been working with the Hawaii FBI as a Military NSA Agent to kill the people in America that set us up. Missiles from Asia, where I trained Cobra Gold since 2006.

(post by SSBlackMambaSS removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am not undercover, my NSA-USMC FBI Interpol WHO affiliations are on public background records. Check mylife.com.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join