It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Radical diet can reverse type 2 diabetes, new study shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

If you get a chance to buy yourself a juicer and make veggie juices that helps curb those bad habit munchy cravings. Celery and carrots work wonders!

That sounds like a possible Christmas present for my wife, who never likes anything I buy her. She is not overweight by any means so it "shouldn't" be considered by her some sort of shame gift. She likes to eat healthy. I am also a construction skilled tradesman and can eat pretty much anything I want and not gain weight.

Do you have any links to share on juicer recipes or personal favorites?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

If you get a chance to buy yourself a juicer and make veggie juices that helps curb those bad habit munchy cravings. Celery and carrots work wonders!

That sounds like a possible Christmas present for my wife, who never likes anything I buy her. She is not overweight by any means so it "shouldn't" be considered by her some sort of shame gift. She likes to eat healthy. I am also a construction skilled tradesman and can eat pretty much anything I want and not gain weight.

Do you have any links to share on juicer recipes or personal favorites?

In terms of a juicer brand, I went ahead and bought myself a Breville Juice Fountain Elite (stainless steel, lots of power and very easy to clean).

As for recipes, I make my own blends:

For veggie mix: Breakfast
- 4 to 6 celery stalks
- 4 to 6 whole carrots
- 1 to 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon of PhytoGreens
- 1 raw egg
- sometimes 1 clove of garlic
- 3 to 4 asparagus

(this makes about 1 L of juice)

For fruit mix:
- 2 apples
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 tablespoon PhytoBerry
- 1 teaspoon powdered Vitamin C

(you can also add real juice of your choice to top up)

Note: One poster mentioned the waste from juicing is not being used and should be consumed to get all the nutrients. This is true. What I use my excess fibres from juicing is I put that stuff in my meat (beef/chicken stews every other day I make them). That way I don't waste anything and I get 100% of my nutrients.

So in conclusion, I don't follow any link or recipes but I am sure there are many online. I just juice the stuff that takes too much effort to eat whole (like celery and carrots) and normally consume all other stuff (common sense).

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I kept waiting to hear this was satire. I don’t mean to offend when I say that, but I truly thought this was snarky satire.

Why? Because...How is this breaking news? Or even news? I thought it was widely known for decades that a very low calorie diet (and resulting weight loss) cures many cases of type 2 diabetes. This is like a breaking news study that water is wet. Low calorie diets cure type 2 diabetes.

Patient compliance with such a diet is the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dunno man. I've been overweight for years because ill health made it difficult to move around. Being physically weak and wracked with pain when you do move will do that to you. Now, I'm working long shifts at a job that keeps me on my feet moving around the store the entire time and am barely eating much of anything day to day. No money to buy lunches or even snacks. Despite being very physical and eating less/little, the weight is going nowhere.

I understand the idea behind what the OP posted, but at least in my case, it's not some panacea. I wish eating less and exercising worked equally on everyone. I was so very hopeful that the high activity level in my job was going to finally lift me out of this mess, but so far, nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join