It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Conyers is retiring amid harassment allegations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Apparently Nancy Pelosi is racist. Calls for Conyers to resign over allegations, but doesn't call for Franken to resign with an admission of guilt and photographic evidence.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Does the flint water issue carry any weight up there?
I had thought it would as it was portrayed in the msm as affecting the poorer neighborhoods more than any other.
Or is that something the local elected officials will have to deal with?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Apparently Nancy Pelosi is racist. Calls for Conyers to resign over allegations, but doesn't call for Franken to resign with an admission of guilt and photographic evidence.

We all knew that. She and others like her have been fleecing the black community for their vote for years. Bad part is they continue to throw their support behind this despicable woman and others like her.

Do you really think Nancy, Feinstein or others like her are friends to the black community?? The only black faces in their neighborhoods are picking up trash and cutting grass.

edit on 5-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
From what I understand, the allegations are still coming out. And to be honest, I'm not too upset over those, because that's what they are at this stage: allegations. What I am concerned about is that a previous accuser (not clear if it was over sexual harassment or something else) received taxpayer funds to settle a lawsuit. That's not an allegation; that is evidenced abuse of power and abuse of office.

This is huge. A year ago, if you told me that taxpayer money went into a secret slush fund to pay off people that got sexually harassed by Congress, I'd think you were nuts. It totally sounds like something The Simpsons would have as a joke. But there is it, revealed for all of us to see, and not only does it exist but it's been used 200-something times!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Does the flint water issue carry any weight up there?
I had thought it would as it was portrayed in the msm as affecting the poorer neighborhoods more than any other.
Or is that something the local elected officials will have to deal with?

At this point, it's been handled as well as it can be, and it dropped out of the public eye a while ago. They were working on removing the lead pipes; I don't know if they've finished or not. A couple of people at the DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality) were charged with negligence for ignoring people's concerns. Democrats were critical of the governor (who is Republican) but nothing came of it, because really it's not clear what he could have done differently. I don't know if there were any repercussions on the local level. Flint is outside of the Detroit metro area, and local stuff doesn't usually filter down this far.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Makes you wonder what other Simpsons jokes are actually just reality waiting to be revealed, don't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wants his son to carry on his less than stellar performance. I'm sure he won't be missed.
a reply to: shooterbrody

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join