It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Conyers is retiring amid harassment allegations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Conyer's district extends out into the suburbs around Detroit. (It includes my parents' home in Westland.) It's all very blue collar UAW territory. The Democrats will keep the seat easily.

Thanks for the local info.
So you think his son will win the seat?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Bluntone22

Does yelling to a female how fine she look in those booty shorts at the mall count? I don't think I would be on that list if that counts as harassment. jeez is that harassment? Whatever happened to complimenting women on the skimpy booty shorts they wear in public?? When butt cheeks are hanging out, a woman is seeking attention.

When you told her 5 times and are making her uncomfortable it's a problem.
So is touching.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: THEREDUNDANT1

Now that Conyers is stepping down, immediately it opens up the door for what will be an interesting and possibly confusing race within one of the most influential political families in Michigan. While in many cases an official’s spouse may run to replace them, the Congressman’s wife Monica, (who was born in 1965, the same year John Conyers was first elected to Congress), is a non-starter. She’s known to get into fights with 8th graders, confuse city council members with Big Green Ogres and she’s served 27 months in jail on bribery charges. During the interview the Congressman said he will endorse his son John Conyers III to run for his seat, a mere days after Ian Conyer’s, his great-nephew announced that he would run in Michigan’s 13th district. A special election date has not yet been set, but it’s likely to occur sometime early next year, before the 2018 Congressional primaries.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Conyer's district extends out into the suburbs around Detroit. (It includes my parents' home in Westland.) It's all very blue collar UAW territory. The Democrats will keep the seat easily.

Thanks for the local info.
So you think his son will win the seat?

Probably, but hopefully he'll get a good primary challenger. But it's a safe Democratic district. Sander Levin's district is also fairly Democratic, but we had a Republican as recently as 2009. Levin picked up our area after Michigan lost a seat in the last census.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: shooterbrody
GTFO Conyers, and keep your son out of it. Hopefully an independent can take charge and lift his constituents out of poverty, he certainly has not even bothered in the entire time he been there!

You don't know his District......... Not a chance.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Rep. Conyers is retiring amid harassment allegations

Good riddens.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
no I'm not pushy. I just give them my compliments in anticipation of that evil eye of death. Once I get that eye, I am satisfied.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Meanwhile, there is a republican backed pedophile running for office...endorsed by Trump and funded by the RNC.

I suppose the lot of you will be calling or his resignation in the event he wins, no?

Big Brother is proud of you comrade.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
@ Conyers (not any member here on ATS!!)

You have no legacy, you brainless lemming. Go hang out with the rest of the unwanted establishment tools.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hey Michigan, remember it was the liberals who gave you the Flint toxin disaster.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think that he should not retire, if he is innocent.

And again I say IF.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Meanwhile, there is a republican backed pedophile running for office...endorsed by Trump and funded by the RNC. I suppose the lot of you will be calling or his resignation in the event he wins, no?

Only IF he is found guilty. If someone is innocent, no need to run away and hide. Fight it.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Can we just start listing men that haven't harassed women?
The list is bound to be shorter and save us all some time.

Bwahahahaha.....

I haven't harassed women but I've assaulted myself in the past.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Nothing defends your innocence like running away.

Quitting in disgrace, and thinking that Detroit voters are dumb enough to elect his 27 year-old son as his replacement.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Regardless, he should still have to face up to the accusations against him.

I am not saying he is guilty, but if did what is being alleged, running away is not a sufficient response.

Ummm...called it.

YouSir

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And again I say IF.

That's just it, he is nowhere near innocent!! The hush money, I mean settlement was a very clear indication of that. Him quitting and not even attempting to defend himself or seat is just the last dagger most Alt-left needed to see his guilt.

Even then I'm sure some of the more extreme Alt-left will be here shortly to say how " he is a icon and has done a great deal to protect women's rights". I quote words of some of his biggest supporters.

edit on 5-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: 3daysgone

And again I say IF.

That's just it, he is nowhere near innocent!! The hush money, I mean settlement was a very clear indication of that. Him quitting and not even attempting to defend himself or seat is just the last dagger most Alt-left needed to see his guilt.

Even then I'm sure some of the more extreme Alt-left will be here shortly to say how " he is a icon and has done a great deal to protect women's rights". I quote words of some of his biggest supporters.

That is certainly the way it seems. Hypocrites seem to do well in politics.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Hey Michigan, remember it was the liberals who gave you the Flint toxin disaster.

Flint was a classic case of ignoring a problem until it blew up in your face. It was a major cluster---- for pretty much everyone involved.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: JBurns

Flint was a classic case of ignoring a problem until it blew up in your face. It was a major cluster---- for pretty much everyone involved.

And penny wise but pound foolish. The problem literally happened because idiots wanted to save pennies.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
From what I understand, the allegations are still coming out. And to be honest, I'm not too upset over those, because that's what they are at this stage: allegations. What I am concerned about is that a previous accuser (not clear if it was over sexual harassment or something else) received taxpayer funds to settle a lawsuit. That's not an allegation; that is evidenced abuse of power and abuse of office.

His legacy will be defined as having resigned suddenly over sexual harassment charges, however. As for it living on through his children, that is a horrible thing to wish upon them! I hope the good people of Michigan have enough sense to not put back a rotten apple from a diseased tree, but that is their decision.

And for the guy who decided this was a good time to complain about Roy Moore... we THE PEOPLE OF ALABAMA will decide in one week who we believe. If you want us to decide differently than Moore (last poll was 81% don't believe the accusations and 85% say it doesn't affect their choice), how about some evidence? Otherwise, you're just blowing political hot air.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join