It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I wake up to this...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler I went in with a cool and left with a cool head. So I am still there but I get to mostly work from home. Not a bad thing I guess. Unfortunately now my mom wants to come over every day..... That woman is why the right hates the left
Everything turned out good sort of. Sorry about my early morning rant.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus So you are saying I should go Office Space on them lmao I have thought of that but no lol

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I saw doctors doing this, that is why I researched it. The one doctor asked what the computer asked her to ask...

That's exactly how I learned about it. I had to take my husband to emergency, and I could see the computer screen, and she was being fed the questions. It surprised me. I understand recording the information on the computer so it's available to all interested parties, but this was more than just entering data.

I base my opinion on this from talking to my doctor, he said it is a pile of crap, only what it asks is considered, there is no way to input other symptoms into the mix that are related to what is going on. He does not use it, he said he tries to help his patients...

My sister-in-law doesn't like it much either. Neither does my mother-in-law, who is a retired RN, but she works part-time at a local clinic when they're short handed (which seems to be often). Both say it misses symptoms, and that everyone presents differently and has to be considered individually. Both think it's also an excuse for doctors to spend even less real time with their patients. There's so much that can go wrong for the patient. One-size-fits-all just doesn't work in the real world.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think what they are trying to do is get rid of doctors, a specially trained nurse can plug and play and prescribe. No need for doctors anymore, they are starting to be able to think and are telling patients alternatives to taking Pharmaceuticals. No where in that computer program is altering diet being addressed, I wonder if the people who make the programs take bribes to say a certain class of meds is needed.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Boadicea

I think what they are trying to do is get rid of doctors, a specially trained nurse can plug and play and prescribe. No need for doctors anymore, they are starting to be able to think and are telling patients alternatives to taking Pharmaceuticals.

Wow. You may be right. Although at some point those nurses will present the same problem, and all thinking people will be taken out of the equation... or our critters in congress will make it illegal to second-guess the computer program. For our protection and safety of course. No where in that computer program is altering diet being addressed, I wonder if the people who make the programs take bribes to say a certain class of meds is needed.

No where in that computer program is altering diet being addressed, I wonder if the people who make the programs take bribes to say a certain class of meds is needed.

I don't think bribes are even necessary at this point. Not with incorporation laws being what they are. As long as corporations are essentially required to make the greatest profit for their shareholders, and with nondisclosure and confidentiality clauses, the system is rigged against us. Profits before patients.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Grambler I went in with a cool and left with a cool head. So I am still there but I get to mostly work from home. Not a bad thing I guess. Unfortunately now my mom wants to come over every day..... That woman is why the right hates the left
Everything turned out good sort of. Sorry about my early morning rant.

Dont apologize, ranting is awesome!

I am glad it worked out for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So Skynet didn't take over? There's no robots massacring your coworkers?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Heck man that sucks.
Can you sale yourself and give them a body to program the machine they want to replace you with?

Machines need people too.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
A coworker of mine just sent me a heads up email. I may loose my job thanks to automation. That just seems stupid to me. Why on earth would you let a robot determine how our employees are treated? I am very upset by this and will be making my voice very clear. First I have to listen to what they have to say today but if in fact they think I am of no use I will make my voice be heard. This is all very upsetting. I will have no problem getting a new job but for gods sake WTF

Maybe don't get caught chatting it up on ats during work hours.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately now my mom wants to come over every day.....

Lol, you mean she wants to come downstairs?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone I don't chat it up while I work. I chat it up when I am smoking a cig or on my way to see a certain person pertaining to my job. There is not a single person I know that uses ATS. Well actually I take that back. There is one but we made a promise to never give each other our ATS name and NO he is not a coworker.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone Maybe you think that is funny but here very soon I may have to house my mom. I love my mom to death and will move a mountain to help her. Thankfully I am single and have the means to help her without a wife to bug me about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

thanks for ranting here and keeping a cool head at work!! looks like it worked out...good luck with your mom!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Now remember to be unpredictable while working from home or that job will go to a machine too.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: research100 If I give you room and board will you tend to her??? Please.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join