It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don’t want Trump Impeached.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The other day on a thread about Trump a member asked me what I wanted?

My initial reaction really was to say, “I want him impeached” but then I got thinking about it and I realised that honestly, the best outcome for America, the world and liberals like myself is for Trump to see out a full term.

Let me explain what I mean there are four main reasons.

Recently as many of us know, ABC published a story which turned out to be false that Mike Flynn was about testify against Trump himself in the Mueller investigation. This lead to a response in the markets with them seeing a drop even though the story had not been confirmed, nobody knew yet what Flynn was going to say or what impact it could have had. I think that this demonstrates that if a real political crisis was to befall the White House which saw Trump being removed or being under real pressure to leave, it could have some drastic economic consequences. In these days of having an already fragile global economy such economic fallout from a political crisis in America could have drastic consequences.

Then there is also the question of what a Mike Pence presidency would look like. I think many agree that he is just as bad, if not worse than Trump. There is nothing that I have seen so far that makes me think that a Pence presidency would be better than the Trump presidency, indeed if anything it could be even worse. For me this is almost a case of its better the devil you know.

It is also my personal belief that with every far-right view Trump expresses or promotes its actually further exposing the damage that his alt-right and nationalist philosophies promote and this is by extension actually have a beneficial effect for the left as it presents the left as a more viable option.

Lastly, I also think that if something was to happen that was to lead to Trump being forced out of office before he finishes his term in office it would lead to violence on the streets of America amongst many of his supporters. I do not think that his removal from office would be peaceful regardless of how it was to happen and depending on the exact circumstances of his removal would dictate the level of violence that it would bring about. In short, I also do believe in my opinion that if Trump were to be violence. Something that I don’t think any of us wants.

So those are my four main reasons for not actually wanting Trump removed from office at this time. The question then is what do I want, as an individual who is obviously anti-trump what do I want, what do I think could be the best outcome of all of this?

In my view, the best outcome would be for the Republicans to lose control of both houses in the mid-term elections, then make it very difficult for Trump to make any drastic changes. I know that some would say this is not in the best interest of the nation to have an essentially impotent president however I think that this would be more about damage control. From there I would hope that senior government and republican officials can keep him from doing anything could cause lasting damage. Lastly my hope would be that he does not see a second term.

To be clear I am not saying that these things will happen, I am just setting out my views on this and to open this thread up to ask what others think of the potential consequences of Trump being forced out of office. I also know that a lot of Trump supporters don’t really care what I have to say at this point but ATS is a platform I use to express my views so deal with it. Additionally, I also know that this is something of a reversal of previous statements I have made about Trumps impeachment, again deal with it, my views are not set in stone.

Finally, I am particularly interested in hearing what others who are anti-Trump think will happen in the next few years and the potential consequences of Trump being removed from office (pro-Trumpers also welcome, let’s keep it civil on all sides though)
edit on 5-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Dont worry youll find a new dead horse to beat .

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think as long as the Republicans are in control, there is very little chance of Trump being impeached....not matter how much "Locker room talk" or what his "Lawyer" tweets for him.
Hes not being impeached.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

(pro-Trumpers also welcome, let’s keep it civil on all sides though)

Then why o why in the world did you make the thread here in the Political Mud Pit?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you want it civil, why did you post in the mud pit?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If you want it civil, why did you post in the mud pit?

Nice of you to keep it on topic.

I believe that it is entirely possible to have a decent political debate in the mud-pit, it can get heated but it can remain civl.

The Mud-pit is not some forum were the standards of civility go out the window.

Just encase you need reminding....

Mud-Pit Guidlines.

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

The Political Mud Pit is not a safe space for trolling for laughs. It's not a place to abuse fellow members. It's not a place to post every inane story you just want to rage about. It's not a place to spam off topic content.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It is also my personal belief that with every far-right view Trump expresses or promotes its actually further exposing the damage that his alt-right and nationalist philosophies promote and this is by extension actually have a beneficial effect for the left as it presents the left as a more viable option.

For every far right view expressed (I didn't notice any were named) there is an equal far left view to match. This is what pushes people to the center. The left 'side' is not gaining traction. In order for you to do so, you need to build something. Something better than what is currently available.

I've stated this to you in the past. I see that folks still wish to destroy instead of create. Until that mindset changes, neither will your numbers.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Number 4 is bigger than you are aware.

Both the III% and the Oathkeepers (of which the Iii% is an offshoot) was not going to back a Hillary Presidency. Other militias were very much of a similar thought. While the Oathkeepers were more moderate and guarded in their words, others pretty much said that Hillary would not sit in the White House.

A removal of Trump, unless agreed upon as a just action, is pretty much a guarantee of stirring the already upset masses. And while some think that these militia groups are too small and scattered to be a serious threat. I must point out that most have mutual aid agreements with other militias. The standoff at the Bundy Ranch could have became REALLY bad as some groups went on standby local to their area without traveling to Nevada. Which was the second time the Obama Administration almost set off the militias. Harry Reid’s domestic terrorist rhetoric did not help the situation one iota.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

or every far right view expressed (I didn't notice any were named) there is an equal far left view to match. This is what pushes people to the center.

Yeah I agree, I usually describe myself as being "left of centre".

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

A removal of Trump, unless agreed upon as a just action, is pretty much a guarantee of stirring the already upset masses.

I think even if its just some Trump supporters could still turn violent.

I think that if Mueller was to conclude that Trump obstructed justice, Trump was then impeached and left office on the back of that.....his followers would turn violent against the state establishment who they perceive as having taken power from their president.

They would see it as a attack against democracy even if he was found guilty.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The fact that you would enjoy the misery of others, for a feeling parties gives you is psychotic.

Time to take a break from politics imo
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The fact that you would enjoy the misery of others, for a feeling parties gives you is phunking psychotic.

Time to take a break from politics imo

and were am I saying that I would take joy out of anything????

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

there's no ground for impeachment so far. Trump cant be impeached.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

yup I never said that there was ground for impeachment.....

Just said that I don't want him impeached/removed from office.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I can't help but say I don't give a crap what you want for MY Government. Mind your damn business you have plenty of house cleaning of your own.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wow,
You and I agree on something

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I can't help but say I don't give a crap what you want for MY Government. Mind your damn business you have plenty of house cleaning of your own.

In other words you have nothing to add to this thread so why bother?

Can I be very clear about something.

I know that me not being from America and commenting on American politics is upsetting for some of you because I do not agree with your politics. I do not care, me being from the UK is not going to stop me posting on this topic, if its that much of a problem for you then just don't open the thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Wow,
You and I agree on something

shhh....... don't tell the other liberals.....

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

No promises

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This thread is just another sign of the failure of the #resistance.

Forever changing their goals. Collusion, then conspiracy, then obstruction. Their long road of failed hopes and dreams has finally led them to reconcile with the fact that Trump is the POTUS.

The final nail in their coffin will be when the Dems fail to take the House and Senate. The House will remain Republican strongly and the Senate will remain with a Pence tie splitter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join