It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins: Texas Has the Right to Deny Gay Spousal Benefits

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: AMPTAH

States can and do write their own laws all the time. A state law cannot run counter to a federal law though, just as a city law cannot contradict a state law.

What federal law has been passed concerning how marriage licenses and benefits should be handled?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: musicismagic

lets say a man wants to be "legally" attached to another man, give it a new name like "bond for the penis" or something like that, that way it will be known that they want recognition of

.....being in love? Wanting a life together? Care for each other? Raise a family together?

Or, in your mind, it just comes down to wanting to hump another man ass? Just because it's not your kinda thing, doesn't make it wrong.

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: musicismagic
Top 7 answers on the board.
What's the most derogatory way to define marriage between same sex couples?
Survey says...
#4 = Bone him like I own him!
DING!

I remember a time on ATS when disgusting, vulgar and crass comments like the above, got a member banned.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Yeah I remember those days. Just report it and it will get taken care of.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I remember a time on ATS when disgusting, vulgar and crass comments like the above, got a member banned.

Times have changed.

Nothing shocks us anymore.

Ever since The Donald was heard on tape grabbing Billy Bushes, nobody is surprised or troubled by anything anyone says anymore.

The Donald has shocked all the shock out of all of us.

It's all normal, today.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Social changes or reforms in our societies do not happen over night or fully embrace a set values. During the time of social change (and in this case equal treatment of gays) there is nothing stopping people from either side of the argument from running for local or state government. That is not to say that someone can do good in politics if all they stand for is social issues, but that is a topic for another day.

If I lived in Texas; I would enjoy the presence of low property taxes and few government regulations around private property (by New Zealand standards!) and speak out against discrimination. Note I am against discrimination and not just on a selective basis. This if somebody is gay or straight and a opponent of gay marriage they shouldn't be discriminated against in the workplace or by local,state and federal government.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nonvexatious

Researchers led by Andrea Camperio Ciani, from the University of Padova in Italy, say that the findings of the link between homosexuality and female fertility strongly support the "balancing selection hypothesis," which suggests that a gene which causes homosexuality also leads to high fecundity or reproduction among their female relatives."

Sounds pretty logical from a nature's point of view.

Balance in nature is everything.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The Barr has been lowered to keep on line with Trump supporters and their special way of thinking.

What's the bet my comment insults someone and gets removed.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

you guys are just too sensitive. That entire political spectrum is just over the top with "hurt feelings" and "bad words"...it's mostly annoying to majority of people.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Us guys?

Excuse while I go and wipe off some feelings.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I posted a pic of Jesus on a dogs butt, in the joke forum and it was removed as a serious violation of terms and conditions,now that is overly sensitive.
edit on 6-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I posted a pic of Jesus on a dogs butt, in the joke forum and it was removed as a serious violation of terms and conditions,now that is overly sensitive.

I absolutely agree. But what can one do against it ?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I don't know, I have no idea why Jesus would appear in a dogs butt.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

havent you been listening on your sunday school...Jesus is everywhere...including dog's butts

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

We can't do anything, we're along for the ride, I'm not offended by much really so I'm happy to see the mods relax a bit.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Sez the guy who mentions his crotch in his title:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I hate threads that have "so it begins" in the title...... so annoying....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Bestiality is legal in Texas... but gays are the problem. Good ol' Texas! Always focusing on the important things!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Top 7 answers on the board.

What's the most derogatory way to define marriage between same sex couples?

Survey says...

#2 - Unnatural

DING!
A lot of people object to the terminology same sex unions should be called partnerships or another term having the same rights and privileges as married couples -its not a marriage children are not to follow.It distorts the definition of marriage. # 3 set on default # 4 crime against nature

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I think it more a thing about cohabitation without marriage. You know, living in sin.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

The 'state,' ever has the right to deny rights of freedom to anyone'

When are people going to get this through their thick skulls.

In a land where democracy is regarded as the desired and default state, where government only govern with the consent of the people, where sovereignty lies in the hands of the people not government, where the constitution and laws limit the power of the state and not the power or rights of the people, where no law that does not pass the fair and just test, ie I am happy for my family to be subjected to this law, become law, the 'state' has NO right, to deny any citizen any right that does not cause harm to another!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join