It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Yeah, so what's the bottom line? Well, the bottom line is, ironically, the "bottom line".

So, if the OP wants to opine about something related to jobs going off-shore then perhaps he should focus his ire on Wall Street rather than making a political statement against Trump. The reality is boards of directors of publicly traded companies are demanding ever higher margins on ever lower operating costs because stockholders will scalp them if they don't.

Doesn't matter who is in office, democrat or republican, it won't change a thing.

The only way to stop it is...raise import tariffs across the board, restrict exports of raw materials and reduce export tariffs on completed manufactured goods. And THAT, should even make democrats happy (if they could ever be happy about anything at all...which I doubt).

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Mmm,I dont recall saying that. Lol, ok.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No, but what you did say was...

"Where's Obama?" ...following your statement about some congress person wanting to increase debt by 1 trillion.

Don't deflect. You knew what I was talking about.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Its not that the "companies" are closing shop, its the owners that have sold out to the foreign buyer and then they close the shop with the tech and move it over seas.

The power structures of the world are shifting and the USA is getting beaten by the game it use to win at. The wealth the US built off the backs of other nations is being taken away. Its a shame US could have led by example.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The only way to stop it is...raise import tariffs across the board, restrict exports of raw materials and reduce export tariffs on completed manufactured goods.

No the way to stop it is to change the rules of globalisation and capitalism..

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We need to protect our labor markets and that is Uncle Sams job when it comes to federap contracts.

Old paradigm. The jobs are going to be replaced by robots and AI. Its coming fast. These disruptive technologies will kill capitalism. Uncle Sam should be paving the way to this new world.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Then they should do that.

What is happening now is....nothing. Other than more poor are created daily as the middle class erodes into the sea. Which only hastens the effect as the middle class is taxed more and more.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Where is obama? He isn't spending the money anymore. Funny how the Tea Party and Grover Norquist are quiet about the exploding deficit happening under the Republicans in less than a year. They must have torn up the Pledge.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well, okay...right after boiling the oceans and solving World hunger!

I mean, C'mon!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You're not real good with economics, are you?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You see, and this is my frustration, Obama (and Clinton) stacked the deck against the middle class. They played right into the globalist's hands (as they were instructed to do). The middle class is the last bastion of wealth left in this country, and the globalists had no access to mine steal this money away from them. They had already robbed the poor of everything, and the elites were powerful enough to insulate their wealth and themselves from it. That left the middle class. And what we're seeing now is a full-court press on the wealth of the middle class.

The elite power structure works just fine when there is only the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Where they get stopped dead in their tracks is countries where a middle class exists (and there aren't many). The middle class must go (in their minds). So, they're going to tax them into oblivion. That, or force them to shelter their money. BUT, only in shelters THEY can manipulate. Now enter computerized trading, and the deck is stacked so heavily against the little guy it's a no-win situation.

edit...and it will take years upon years to untangle that whole rat's nest!

edit II...the first trail balloon was the whole sub-prime experiment (yes, under Bush...for you zealot dems). It was a real-world stress test on the derivatives market, to see if they would withstand that kind of colossal pressure. What they wound up proving was something altogether different...something we (well most of us) already knew...nobody truly understands the derivatives world (and that's by design). Until they straight up OUTLAW derivatives and threaten all these hedge funds with their trading licenses nothing will change.
edit on 12/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, okay...right after boiling the oceans and solving World hunger!

I mean, C'mon!

If we dont do this.. We will game over.

wake up

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Trumpkins coming up with all kind of excuses.. His hands are tied derp derp derp.
Why the f did you elect the guy?
Didn't he promise to get jobs back?
Didn't he promise to Make Murcia Great Again?
His hands are tied bla bla bla.
What a pathetic bunch you are.
I think some of you would gladly give your wife's, sisters and daughters to Trump just because muh Twitter troll liberuuuls

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I absolutely hate that expression, "derp". However, I'm going to actually use it now...

Who's the one 'derping' around here?? It would appear to be YOU!

First, unemployment is the lowest it's been in nearly two decades!! That goes way past Obama!

So go 'derp' yourself some more! Tell me, do you use a picture when you're repeatedly 'derping' yourself? Do you use lotion?

edit on 12/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yo, Good Jobs Nation is such a leftist group they will skew facts like CNN to keep up with DNC agenda. This group was only founded in 2013....so they haven't been around long enough to really fight for anything. Hell if they were really battling for better wages then Obama would have put in an executive order. But he couldn't because businesses would leave USA even faster. So, politicians will promise to improve wages, etc...but come up with excuses why things are not moving quickly enough. Typical liars.

This is such a biased article to make Trump look bad. Typical leftist yammering.

edit on 5-12-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So, how about offering a solution...or even a starting point...for your suggestion.

I'm all ears!

To hell with turning water into wine, why not turn it into gold instead? Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Trumpkins coming up with all kind of excuses.. His hands are tied derp derp derp.
Why the f did you elect the guy?
Didn't he promise to get jobs back?
Didn't he promise to Make Murcia Great Again?
His hands are tied bla bla bla.
What a pathetic bunch you are.
I think some of you would gladly give your wife's, sisters and daughters to Trump just because muh Twitter troll liberuuuls

derp derp derp derp derp derp derp derp derp

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Money changers....an evil that just about every civilization can recognize, if not fight against.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Click the link in the OP... that's where it said his hands were tied.

Or would you rather just type "derp" all day?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Apparently not as bad as the rich fiscal Hawks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join