It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Southwest Michigan, Bosch, Whirlpool, Tesla and many smaller ones. Factories and engineering.

West Michigan can't find enough people that can pass a drug test or have a drivers license.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If it were me id look at creating requirements for the contracts to only be performed by Americans, excepting cases where the contract is for a foregn area. Even then....minimal US labor requirements should be established.

We need to protect our labor markets and that is Uncle Sams job when it comes to federap contracts.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Best incentive would be that in order to get Trump’s new tax rate, 85% of all employees company wide must be US citizens otherwise you keep paying the the old tax rate.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The drug test is a ridiculous measure.

You do better by screening the criminal background and ignoring a drug test.

Its not 1985 anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I've had that idea for some time now. Tax incentives must be tied to job incentives. I don't know if 85% is viable, but I could easily see 70%. That's 70% of the value of all assets, 70% of the number of employees, and 70% of the payroll, all must be located in the United States.

I could even go along with reducing the tax rate on such corporations even further, based solely on the average wage and number (excluding management) of full-time permanent jobs in the United States.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A friend in the earth moving business can't get anyone to pass the big 3 Drug ,Drivers license and background. they have to be cleared to work schools, university and state projects. Can't find heavy mechanics for $40 an hour that pass.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
US economy going crazy. Unemployment dropping. Stock Market surging.

But hey, there's always something to complain about.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I heard the congressman say on cspan that we are broke. That's why the rich need more and get rid of Medicare, social security, education. Unless you are rich, there is a lot to worry about.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump has very little to do with what is happening in our business world currently.

We will need to wait another year or two before we see how his administration effects business and the economy.

The stuff you listed is a result of things the obama and previous admins how done.
Right now the economy is doing so good because of the obama admin , not the trump one.

All this doom crying is ridiculous. Trump is president, the tax bill will pass.
All we can do is wait and see what the effects will be.
edit on 5-12-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

But you'll never see the Trump administration focus on those large businesses and corporations that take advantage of undocumentated workers, no no.

I have never seen ANY admin focus on this stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Makes you wonder why the government wants to change things in the business world if we are surging and unemployment is dropping?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the consumption economy with designed obsolescence of products is being swept away from being the driving economic plan...
now the flat-broke, former middle-class, is focused on a services oriented economy that targets instant gratification by being immersed into a social-media matrix...

AI & robots are the future, the working poor are just straining the available resources...
the 'Tax Overhaul' from Trump is a Straw-Man to engage the media & taxpayers for a short time...
well, at least until the Jerusalem issues & North Korean Nukes are both unshackled upon the world

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yeah, Trump's been in office for all of 12 months and it's all his fault right? Like he's supposed to be able to undo 8 YEARS of BS regulations under Obama overnight, right?

What a bunch of BS!!

You libs really are delusional!!
edit on 12/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Trump is also responsible for the record number of people on food stamps in 2015.

Obama tried to stop him, but he was just too evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, and I heard Trump's responsible for 9-11, Hurricane Katrina, and Nagasaki too! (Not Hiroshima though, that one was ALL Bush's fault!).

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When the economy is bad, companies say they have to ship jobs oversees to at least keep the administrative jobs.

When the economy is good, companies say they have to ship jobs oversees due to labor shortages.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The problem with our economy is this: The Chinese have pegged the Yuan 6 to 1 against the dollar. The dollar is a unit labor cost. This means a CEO gets six Chinese workers for every one American worker. It's as if the commies came to this country and destroyed our factories with tanks and guns! If we pay off our national debt and all unions take a 98% pay cut it will still not make a difference. A CEO will still get six Chinese workers for every one American worker.

Every product I purchase from China costs 1/6th the price of a US made product. Even with the cost of shipping the margin of profit is much greater. This is why we have no manufacturing jobs.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

My post spoke about a speech I heard from a congressman while Congress was in session. He said we were broke. This was before they proposed to advance the debt by a trillion.
Where is Obama?
edit on 5-12-2017 by MOMof3 because: Sp

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What? Obama expanded the debt by TRILLIONS!!! (plural...like 14 of them)

C'mon!

Surely you aren't THAT blind / obtuse...are you?

edit on 12/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Every president in the last 50 years has increased the debt. Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. If you think otherwise then you are the one who is being delusional.

I don't think Obama had any control over the rising debt. The 2008 banking crisis which occurred before Obama was even elected cause the national debt to balloon.

Or, exactly what law was signed by Obama that caused all the debt? The Obama presidency was the least effective presidency in my lifetime. Practically NOTHING got done legislatively.

I get it you right wingers love to bash the black guy. But just remember if the boy wonder did not screw up the economy so bad with the lack of banking regulation over sub-prime mortgages then the black guy would never have been president to begin with!

edit on 5-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join