It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth? Nah. But wait; what if this isn't the real Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff, this resurgence of interest in the Flat Earth cosmology/ conspiracy. On hearing that many folk had taken a real & enduring interest in the proposed reality of said belief system, my first reaction was quite literally to laugh. I mean, come on, seriously - really?

So for a long time, that's how I left it. It's clearly moronic, and not worthy of the time to investigate any further. But then, something randomly caught my attention - a video posted in a thread not directly pertinent to the Flat Earth cosmology/ conspiracy (from here on out, 'the FECC'... a FECC'in marvellous acronym). This very short video (2 mins) claimed something bizarre - so bizarre that I had to watch it just to see how ridiculous it was likely to be. The videographer had highlighted the very unusual, anomalous flight paths & journey times for flights on commercial airlines in the Southern hemisphere.

When I saw that the only apparent explanation for the bizarre, seemingly illogical flight paths, refuelling stops & journey times was that the earth's continents were arrayed in planar fashion, in an azimuthal equidistant topography, as per the map on the United Nations seal - I was quite simply stunned. This was in-your-face strangeness, which seemed to point only to a single conclusion - that the Earth we inhabit, simply isn't globular as we have been told since the times we were toddlers, and instead is planar, surrounded by a 'wall' of ice, a wall which is otherwise referenced in 'normal' cosmology as being the borders of the Antarctic continent, supposedly a large island of ice-covered barrenness at the base of the globe.

And so, I did a bit of searching for rational-sounding voices discussing the subject, which of course could only be kept under wraps by compartmentalised military intelligence structures in charge of political structures otherwise brainwashed with pseudo-reasoning which prevents them (and all those who sit beneath their canopy of plausible deniability) from seeing that only a treaty between all nations, unquestioned & irrevocable, would be an acceptable way to protect truth's protective layers. Such a treaty does exist, and it states that Antarctica is totally off-limits for any non-military groups who do not accept the provisos of the treaty, presumably requiring that all civilian research be conducted with military oversight, and also banning those who would seek to make money from its resources, presumably carrying the risk that some sort of damage could be done in their pursuit of capital gains.

But wait - how on Earth could we have been fooled for so long? And what are the implications?

My thoughts on this one swing round to include recent publicised information in books, magazines & on TV documentaries, etc, regarding the so-called 'simulation theory', in one of its many guises. The fact is, that based on everything we have learned about physics & the underlying mathematics, presently suggests a very strong case for the reality of the fact that reality may be entirely simulated, operating within some unrecognisably awesome super-computer/ god-like machine. There were a few great episodes of Stargate Atlantis which concentrated very clearly on the simulation hypothesis, in a couple of different incarnations - and one line, in one particular episode, really stood out & spoke to me on a fairly deep level regarding the nature of the reality we live in. In the context of an apparent takeover of the Atlantis base by hostile 'Replicators', the crew had to face the prospect that all was not as it had seemed. The Replicators, btw, were a race of AI 'robots' that had developed themselves to incredibly high levels of capability in nanotechnology & sentience (they 'self-evolved'). They were able to fool the apparently normal humans into believing that they were in the Atlantis base, carrying out normal day-to-day base operations, and that there was 'nothing to see here, move along', etc. Ultimately the group banded together (around six of them) & realised that something was 'wrong' regarding their circumstances (like Neo does, in the Matrix, though he needed direct prompting from Morpheus). The Replicators eventually realised that their deception had been rumbled, and came clean to the trapped humans. Only there was a plot twist. The apparently normal humans were in fact Replicators too (to all intents & purposes). They had been programmed as sentient AI with all the memories & character foibles of the original humans from the Atlantis mission, data which had been gathered during previous escapades between the Atlantis mission & various factions of the Replicators.

The 'humans' didn't want to believe what they were being told, and protested that this couldn't be so, because of the fact that they were in Atlantis during the time in which the deception had been unfolding.. The Replicator leader said that "Yes, you are in Atlantis - but your hypothesis falls flat because you believe you are in the REAL Atlantis, when in fact, you are not.." (paraphrased).

The point being, they had fabricated a fully-functioning world to fool the 'humans' into believing they were living out their lives in the real Atlantis base. They were even convinced by a grey, overcast atmosphere/sky above the fake Atlantis, that they were floating on the ocean on the real home world of the Atlantis base. They had been denied a proper view of the sky above, because had they seen the stars overhead, it is likely that the deception would not have held sway (although it is not directly stated, it is implied that the Replicators couldn't successfully fabricate the starry heavens above with the proper amount of authenticity - though if they were able to fabricate a functioning base & its ocean mooring, in reality they probably could have done a half decent job of the skies too).

What if the world we inhabit is but a pale imitation of the 'real' Earth, presumably having existed in a real universe at some historical point in time - and we are 'humans' living out apparently normal lives in an apparently normal world; yet we are in fact being deceived - all power structures are in league with the deceivers, and the very fact of our humanity may be at stake, in terms of the realities ascribed & interpreted by us, and by those who control the environment? The FECC is a crazy idea, because science & common sense appear to tell us that we live on a globular planet circumnavigating the Sun as part of a solar system which circumnavigates a galaxy. But it (paradoxically) becomes less crazy when you combine it with the simulation theory, and move on to incorporate the Mandela Effect - 'magical' transformations in our shared, collective reality/ history (reprogramming the matrix), and then of course the idea that our reality is controlled (a la Jacques Vallee) by a super-intelligent type 3 'race' of hostile/ ambivalent overlords. A world within a world..

The posited controllers would run experiments & bask in the bodily luxuries which material existence (in any reality) can offer to those who have rigged the game & pull the strings.

I never thought I'd say it, but the FECC is starting to get under my skin. Along with the Mandela Effect (how hard would it be for the controllers to literally reprogram reality?) & of course our old favourite, the 'Reptilians/Replicators' (SHAPESHIFTING CONTROLLERS).

FECC'in reality. Some things I wish I could unlearn...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Ok.
What if?
So what?

edit on 12/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Not sure whats your point if we lived in a simulation that would be our world. Nothing would change so whats your point and why hide anything?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You basically summed up my perfect version of the matrix haha.

95% of the time the above post says all I need to say.. but some lonely nights I do wonder..

But..

If flight times are weird shouldn't a lot of people notice? Or even more fun 99% of people are replicants and the real people never get far in life.. this is our Prison! Afterall hahaha..

I guess if you made a wall around earth ice would be a good pick until humans were much more advanced...

But Lava wall man! And like a baddass giant demon hurtling giant fire boulders that spring into fire mountain titans would be so much cooler..

I honestly do wonder about the Truman show effect all the time. It was my first conspiracy theory at age four.. you guys are all "in on it" like a giant test.. the world gets progressively more dumb and it tests how long I put up with it lol.. NO joke I was four in 5he car and something about traffic lights and gas money and jobs set me off.. better not tell anyone caise... you're all aliens obviously..

I never thought to make the earth flat as well though haha.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A wise man once said there is no reality only perception.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Or even more fun 99% of people are replicants and the real people never get far in life.. this is our Prison!

# that is depressing....

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Interesting read. I also have a theory of reality and creation. What if..
..we evolve and create our own virtual reality, then we hook ourselves up to the extent that we will actually forget regular reality. The machines that we built ourselves will keep our bodies alive, so we can only sense the new virtual world. So after everyone eventually will get stuck in the virtual world, they start feeling constricted and limited. But when they can't log off from the virtual world, they will start to enhance the virtual world, to make it feel more comfortable. Then a new kind of microorganism is born. A new form of life that will start to increase the structure complexity of the new reality. This could have happened many times before. That we evolve as creators by creating new types of realities from scratch.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

as you do not cite the video :

how does your flat-tard explain :

johnansburg > perth DIRECT flights

sydney > santiago DIRECT flights

all the alledged " `anomolies " are actually - the product of the low passenger numbers travelling long distance routes in the southern hemisphere

airlines want to make money - and carry passengers where they wabnt to go - thats why there are multiple flights from the UK to destinsations in the USA from several airports each day - but no direct flights from anuwhere in the UK > the ukraine [ all services make a transfer @ schipol ]

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It would have been easier, cheaper and much more straightforward to have us aware of this 'ice wall' and the shield-like 'planet' we live on. After all, we would have developed as a species and wrapped the reality up in our belief systems. No biggie.

In contrast, faking satellite systems, people in space, university physics departments and massive astronomical observatories takes more effort. It implies that even enemy nations stick to the script and doesn't explain how centuries of southern hemisphere whalers and fishermen kept their silence. Or their wives, friends, lovers, family.

Adding the simulated flat Earth to the original flat Earth theory is like adding one more turtle to the pile. It's a mischievous idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Some things I wish I could unlearn...

And that is why, when I come across theories that begin like this one began I skip to the end and read the last sentence. Thanks for the ''post'' warning.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't think there is a computer big enough to simulate everything, like every blade of grass in the 'world' every beach pebble, every leaf, every snow flake (with every flake thought to be unique ?) every raindrop, and so on ?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I don't think there is a computer big enough to simulate everything, like every blade of grass in the 'world' every beach pebble, every leaf, every snow flake (with every flake thought to be unique ?) every raindrop, and so on ?

Your right to simulate all the matter in the universe would require more matter then is in the universe. It being a computer would be on such a massive scale as to require several universes. And imagine the information that would need to be stored. Every point would require information on what it is what its attached to and how it interacts. When science talked about simulated they mean more like a hologram we we arent seeing the true nature of things

edit on 12/5/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your right to simulate all the matter in the universe would require more matter then is in the universe. It being a computer would be on such a massive scale as to require several universes. And imagine the information that would need to be stored. Every point would require information on what it is what its attached to and how it interacts. When science talked about simulated they mean more like a hologram we we arent seeing the true nature of things

But given that computers only render what's needed at the time and not the whole "game world" at once. And given that science talks about all matter may only be possibility until it's observed, doesn't it knock the "not enough power to run the simulation" argument a bit?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Adding the simulated flat Earth to the original flat Earth theory is like adding one more turtle to the pile. It's a mischievous idea.

Indeed, it's the ONLY way that the flat earth theory could possibly be true. Only in a reality where most of what appears to exist, doesn't actually exist in the form it supposedly takes, could we have a flat earth & yet remain unaware of that fact for the length of time in which we have been studying the apparent geometry & topology of the spaces around us.

Only in a strangely folded labyrinth of 'spacetime' could we possibly approach the reality of a flat earth without being literally insane. I'm starting to think that multidimensional, adjustable topology is the key regarding why we have been unable to scientifically pin down the fact of our actual location, in addition to highly advanced machinery which imitates the (presumably once really existing) planet earth, in its solar system, in its place in the galaxy/universe, with all attendant celestial bodies operating as though they were 'real'.

This site gives pause for thought in terms of how we could be deceived by multi-dimensional topology:

Supercomputer Weather Simulation

Have a play with the various map projections, and indeed, see if you can recreate the flat earth map using the correct projection. There's a rather wonderful map named the Atlantis projection, and you can see why it may have been given that name with a little imagination..

Plus that URL also gives hypnotic, fascinating data concerning our global weather patterns too.

As for the FECC model of reality, I fall back on my default position, which is that what we see, what we are told, and what appears to be true based on gathered data, are not necessarily the actual facts of the matter. I'm starting to tentatively acknowledge the possibility that yes, the earth & organic universe did/do exist; but that we here, are actually living in a simulated version of it. Too many weird, reality/mind-bending things have been going on lately, indeed, some of them stretch back decades, almost a hundred years in some cases, and these things taken together make it apparent, to me at least, that we are living in a simulated Earth/Space environment, the prisoners of a hostile type 3 civilisation. It seems quite likely that we are held either within a mega-engineering spacecraft somewhere in the real universe, or alternatively, that we are living in a very small 'spacetime' within a device which is actually tiny in comparison to the real universe, with our apparent 'large' spacetime actually being enfolded using exotic technological means of rendering multidimensional geometry/topology.

Any such simulation would be reprogrammable, and under certain conditions the residents of the posited 'hypercube' would be aware/unaware of changes made (Mandela Effect). The operators of the matrix would be supremely aware of the boundaries & limitations, as well as the potentialities, and would be very capable of manipulating the situation from the get-go. Hence they are the elite, the royalty & oligarchs, a council of leaders operating from the shadows & initiating the younglings into the truths they are selling. The behaviours of the elite towards ordinary humanity does suggest a machine-like intelligence, or a reptilian intelligence - cold, calculating, unconcerned with human suffering, manipulating & abusing for diabolical purposes. They are the Controllers of the Control System.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: dragonridr

But given that computers only render what's needed at the time and not the whole "game world" at once. And given that science talks about all matter may only be possibility until it's observed, doesn't it knock the "not enough power to run the simulation" argument a bit?

No because you would stillhave to store the information eveen if it wasnt rendered in case it needs to be. To give you an idea to map aa human and the current positions of each cell would require more computing power then we have on the entire planet.
edit on 12/5/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
First off, you have to be careful about flat-Earth conspiracy sites. They try to suck you in by leaving out key facts and the like.

Secondly, quantum computers use multiple universes to calculate and compute. In fact, they are on track to be powerful enough that it would be as if all of the resources in the universe were one computer. So the simulation theory still has some credibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Just to add also, that Gnostic texts such as the Pistis Sophia, make a lot more sense if we are dealing with intricately enfolded spacetime geometry/topology, possibly already in a simulation state, or possibly a relic from the 'original' universe.

Read through Jesus' descriptions of descending/ ascending through the 'aeons', and see if you can discern the possibilities.

Final thought (for now) is that even if we are somehow trapped in a simulation, we are not necessarily trapped for all eternity. It is my belief that there are worlds beyond the reach of our enemy, beyond the reach of the 'Satan' which keeps us locked in delusion. A thought which was just triggered by writing this paragraph is a reflection on the way Jesus would not allow the demons to speak, other than precisely in response to his questions. If they let out a truth which the disciples & public were not ready to receive (being without technology or sophisticated models of reality based in the sciences of mathematics, physics, etc), then damage could have been done to the general wellbeing of the hearer, and confusion would be sowed/ begin to grow regarding the nature of reality. They were silenced so as to prevent damage to the Mission..

But if you're not religious in any way, you might interpret my words as anti-scientific, which is not the case. Science is theorising/predicting, testing/observing, interpreting & drawing conclusions. At the moment, there isn't any possibility of truly testing the entirety of the FECC model, because there is too much in the way of illusion & potential fallacy of interpretation as a result. If there is a Control System, it will have covered all bases - allowing the truth to slip out of one of its protective layers would lead to anarchy in a day.. And bear in mind, that all of what appears to be, in terms of space development & missions beyond the stars, a secret space program & so on - all of it may be only a reflection of what once existed in a real, organic universe.

For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God].

1 Corinthians 13:12

No realm of reality is beyond the Divine; even within a simulation, our true soul would be accessible to God, and we could be drawn out of it, per a salvific effort based in mercy & grace. Whatever trapped us here in the first place may well be stuck here forever - which is likely why 'they' hate us so very much.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

to simulate all the matter in the universe would require more matter then is in the universe.

There is no necessity for the 'entire universe' to be filled with simulated matter. A hall of mirrors doesn't contain an infinite amount of glass, the effect is all that matters. Multidimensional enfoldment & various sorts of data projection would be sufficient to pull the wool over our eyes for decades to come.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So, they figure the earth is just a long rectangle with 2 ice walls?
One in the north and one in the south...

Then what does flat earth say that keeps the oceans from spilling out into space from both the east and the west?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

what is " a simulation "

in the context of this thread ???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join