It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just something a bit odd that I stumbled across...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

It's going to take more than a couple hours. Staff and Admin do things outside the site, so it'll take a little while for word to get where it needs to go, and then to find and resolve the issue.

Be patient.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To: Zap

K that's cool. I would have directly responded to your post, but the ad bug is covering the reply button

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Cool!
Thanks for letting us know

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think this issue is definitely browser related, try a different browser if it's affecting you.

That said, the Bat Signal has gone up to S.O. to get it sorted and it will be soon as time permits...

ETA: FireFox has always had issues after an update, if you're using FF you might want to try a different browser until we get this sorted.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It's malware/adware. Scan your system.

No its not, its on ATS there are 5 dif people reporting this so far, its issues with ATS ad layout

I run kapersky full time, its only on ATS this is happening

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

It's messing up the ads on the right side of the page. The top ad usually loads. I sincerely hope that the side ads aren't losing you revenue. I get 3 ads per page and I'm totally cool with that. I know you guys gotta eat and stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just for info: as Mark (Springer) has said, Bill (S.O.) has been informed. You can rest assured he will be doing all he can to resolve this issue. Meanwhile, ATS staff are also looking into this via a staff forum and we've found cases where some of us (including myself) don't normally have this issue, but can find this same glitch on certain pages.

It looks like the issue is not confined to a specific browser or version. It seems to be affecting chrome, edge, and firefox. I don't know about IE or its later versions, or browsers like eg Iron.

I'm on firefox & running malwarebytes premium (latest version, fully updated) on a brand-new Win 10 OS computer that was only fired up for the first time 4 days ago. It's squeaky clean. No malware alerts for ATS.

If any members are running browsers and/or OS not yet mentioned and you're having the same issue, please post. It could be helpful.

So far, we know this is affecting FF, Chrome and Edge. Let us know if you're using others.
OS: win 7 and win 10 are being affected. If you're using another OS let us know also.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I am shamefully running Vista. Also use chrome.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

And don't worry... Someone has to keep endangered species alive. Like Vista...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Thanks for posting.

And don't worry... Someone has to keep endangered species alive. Like Vista...

If I go in to chrome and delete the ad element , it fixes it, but I have to completely remove the element, if you do an "inspect" you can see just how much of the page the ad is taking up, which is usually a huge portion.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
Thanks for your insights.

I am no expert in this stuff and from what you've written I'd guess you know way more about the technical side of this than I ever will. I can only repeat that S.O. (Bill) will be working to get this sorted out. He wrote most of the custom code for this site and has been in the field for decades.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

We're aware of that now. At the time it was one person, and almost every time that has happened it was malware.
edit on 12/5/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Also happening on Linux (elementary- Ubuntu16.04.2) in both the system browser and FF

And the page takes forever to finish loading...
edit on 12/5/2017 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
seen that a few times now

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i get an ad that pops up and takes up the whole screen too

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have been having the same issue for at least a few day, I understand they are working on it.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Working on fixing this.

I've spent the past several months reviewing ways to improve things, specifically in reducing the total number of ads, and providers of ad networks.

We've settled on one highly-reputable provider, after a nearly 45-minute phone call with their CEO. The problem is, some of their code isn't integrating in a predictable way. I thought I solved this over the weekend, but there's still a lagging issue.

Sorry for the problems, I tested a lot of different pages last night, and never saw this issue (as was the case last week, when the issue only started to appear early Friday morning).

After some testing, it looks like this new issue has been fixed. Sorry for the unexpected madness.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thanks SO

Looks like SO noticed Springer's bat signal

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike,

I am using Safari with the same issue!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Working on fixing this.

I've spent the past several months reviewing ways to improve things, specifically in reducing the total number of ads, and providers of ad networks.

We've settled on one highly-reputable provider, after a nearly 45-minute phone call with their CEO. The problem is, some of their code isn't integrating in a predictable way. I thought I solved this over the weekend, but there's still a lagging issue.

Sorry for the problems, I tested a lot of different pages last night, and never saw this issue (as was the case last week, when the issue only started to appear early Friday morning).

After some testing, it looks like this new issue has been fixed. Sorry for the unexpected madness.

Thanks for your guys promptness on this , you guys rock!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join