It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwave weapon could fry North Korean missile controls, say experts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos
a reply to: TinfoilTP

what about the ones that want a chance to live? just nuke em?? their fault for being born?

Kim's fault for making nukes that can reach the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What about America's fault for producing the technologies in the first place?

The blame game is a two-way street and threatening one another with nuclear proliferation is simply akin to playing chicken with a hand grenade and the pin removed, only a matter of time until the whole escapade ends in tears really.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about America's fault for producing the technologies in the first place?

The blame game is a two-way street and threatening one another with nuclear proliferation is simply akin to playing chicken with a hand grenade and the pin removed, only a matter of time until the whole escapade ends in tears really.

How about some time tested and proven Mutually Assured Destruction, only this time make it a global policy. If any nuclear armed nation shoots one at the US, all nuclear nations get launched on immediately. That would get the world working on an understanding whether they want NK to be in the nuke club. China and Russia would be taking lil Kim's toys away the next day.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Aliensun

This is not a weapon with a long reach.
A cruise missile cannot catch a ballistic missile in flight.

You are right there, but I was responding to your comment about electronic weapons not reaching into NK caves. I never indicated or mentioned "cruise missiles." That was a "red herring" reply, no?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I lived through the cold war buddy, it's not a nice way to travel wondering when the skies going to fall on your head.

Crap like Threads and When The Wind Blows scares wanes ta bits if truth be told, especially when Faslane naval base is pretty much on your doorstep.

I certainly don't wish the same for my children.

How about peace on Earth and goodwill toward Mankind after every bastard banker, politician, corporate CEO and media tycoon are hanging from a tree?

Now that i would pay to see.

edit on 5-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I lived through the cold war buddy, it's not a nice way to travel wondering when the skies going to fall on your head.

Crap like Threads and When The Wind Blows scares wanes ta bits if truth be told, especially when Faslane naval base is pretty much on your doorstep.

I certainly don't wish the same for my children.

How about peace on Earth and goodwill toward Mankind after every bastard banker, politician, corporate CEO and media tycoon are hanging from a tree?

Now that i would pay to see.

Your psychotic exterminations would bring your own ruin.

If you could wave a magic wand and poof the US ceased to exist, what would follow would be a time of more wars, bloodshed, misery and human suffering than any time in history. Any of the formerly free peoples of the world that survive would be slave labor, all intellectuals rounded up and exterminated.

The US is the last beacon of freedom and hope on earth, there is no new world to escape to anymore if this one goes. If we have to defend it with nukes then so be it. A global MAD policy would get everyone in the Nuke club working to keep the lil Kim's from the world from getting nukes instead of playing them as wildcards. That would be China and Russia, if their fate lay in the hands of lil Kim, they would be acting differently.

edit on 5-12-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If it's not broke then don't try and fix it, but it is broken beyond repair the problem simply has to be removed I'm afraid.

What about the countless millions of psychotic exterminations carried out against the people of Earth by there own and other respective Gooberments, monarchic rule and religion throughout recorded history, how would we justify those deaths?

The U.S is about as much of a beacon of freedom as Nazi Germany was before WW2 these days, and that's pretty much how an alarming number of people have begun to perceive what should have and always been the pinnacle of a free nation.

Such a shame really.

Just to point out my own nation is no better.
edit on 5-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You could probably do more damage to Lil Kim by actually dropping microwaves....and hot pockets.

They would over throw him in about 3-4 minutes or about as long as it takes to cook said hot pocket.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

That's probably correct.

And a far better solution than the alternative scenarios being proposed or considered by TPTB.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: choos

what about the ones that want a chance to live? just nuke em?? their fault for being born?

Kim's fault for making nukes that can reach the US.

if thats the case then you should nuke all countries that have nukes that can reach the US.

p.s. should you be held responsible for what your country's leader does? like say your prez decide to commit a random massacre for the hell of it. is it ok if all the blame was on you alone?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pseudolites.. *cough cough*

Damn this cold

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sylent6

That's not how this works... That's not how any of this works!!!

Seriously though, yeah that's basically what CHAMP is....

There's talk that the Russians have some conventional explosive or fuel air explosive based tactical EMP capabilities to one degree or another, but AFAIK it's just talk!

If anyone were going to have such things it would be the Russians since as of the fall of the Soviet Union one of the fields we bought every bit of information they'd sell us regarding was PULSED POWER GENERATION!

Pulsed power generation technology is exactly what you'd want to use to make "an emp bomb" that wasn't thermonuclear in nature and or multiple millions of dollars in miniaturized electronics per shot...

(LOL BTW I think it's safe to say we know what happened to EESTOR and their ultracap tech Boeing bought a big ass stake in the company to get ahold of... Lines up very nicely with CHAMP development)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: liejunkie01

It's still in testing. They haven't tested it in a couple years and were still trying to decide what missile body it can fit into. They're at least a couple years from operational at a minimum. They have to fit it into the body and then test it in that body.

Thank you for the info.

They had an "expert" on the news and he said that the military has a problem with trying to over engineer(or spend too much time trying to perfect everything). He said we should give our soldiers and personnel the equipment to use and experiment with on the battlefield. Which isn't a direct quote of course but it was the jist of what he was saying. It works, use it. Not necessarily in NK, but other conflicts.

We have all of these shiny expensive toys hanging out in warehouses and labs, spend billions on them and don't really get much out of them.

I kind of agree with him a little. Strap the thing to something and roll with it. Learn in the field.

But what do I know?

Engineers in general always over do it when designing things. I once worked for a guy who had a saying: "It's time to shoot the engineer and ship the product."

I think it would be cool to have a military type Monster Garage competition. They could assemble teams from each branch. Maybe they could have a tournament or contest like the old Junkyard Wars to pick the best team for each service.

Once each service has their master team, you give them a project to complete in 7 days. You give them all the parts they need and a truckload of duck tape. When they're finished, you test their creations and judge which one is best.

The grand prize is something cool that military people would like. Of course it has to be legal.

And, the military gets an unusual prototype of some cool weapon and a lot of good press.

Officially the "monster" may never see the light of day. But the DOD gets about a billion dollars worth of development experience. And, if they're smart, the engineers can get some good bottom-up design tips. Because this prototype was built by the guys who have to make all of the Pentagon's shiny new contraptions actually work, the designers can avoid another billion dollars worth of re-design time to fix stupid mistakes.

I often think about the so-called "hillbilly armor" that the field personnel came up with when they first went into Iraq. There was a need, and they couldn't wait two or three years for the Pentagon to figure it out. These folks are smart, creative, and resourceful.

Anyway that's just a fun thought about experimenting with cool technology to build creative weapon systems.

-dex

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

1. They actually do a crap ton of stuff like this already, much of which is even open to the public to participate in. (See the contest DARPA ran which resulted in the winning paper design vehicle actually being built at the LOCAL MOTORS production facility. Th winning design was called the flyp mode and you can easily get pictures etc from Google)

1a. They actually just started up a new program which will basically result in permanently opened military grade hacker spaces being stood up with the express goal of letting guys actually order parts off Amazon wish and AliExpress and build much higher grade expedient solutions but in a similar process to the workshop stuff in Syria Lebanon and Iraq...

2. Hillbilly armor should make your blood boil with pure anger and sadness not fill you with pride! The sad fact is we could have rolled into Iraq in purpose built actually decently armored and with proper power train etc mods Humvees since the manufacturer had offered the military just such a solution just prior to Iraq 2.0!

The idiots weren't even interested.

The south Africans offered us stuff too in this time period as well as actually offering us their vehicles out of their stocks in the immediate ramp up to the actual invasion.

Finally, what is not reported or people choose to forget because it shows the hillbilly armor story to be naked propaganda masking grievous and institutionalized incompetence is that the hillbilly armor was of wildly varying actual effectiveness that ranged all the way between actively worse than nothing to "meh it's at least kinda helping".... But realistically actual instances of it being truly effective just aren't there.

This is saying nothing about the terrifyingly destructive effects it had on the actual humvee fleet modified this way. Vehicles that could and should have been perfectly capable of 200,000+ miles and a couple decades being completely ragged out to rolling scrap in 20-40 thousand miles and 2-3 years without getting shot up or crashed even once!

That's a very high price to pay for "armor" which was often composed of such disastrously bad alloys that bullet hits and explosive forces became even more dangerous because of all the chunks of shattered armor etc ripping through the crew space along with the bullets etc...

There's a very good reason why the literal second emergency up armor kits started arriving they issued the orders to IMMEDIATELY remove any and all hillbilly armor or face disciplinary action!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Thanks for the reply. I feel a lot more informed now. Thank you!

1. I'm glad that the military is seeing the light with respect to using internal resources to develop new technology. It's unfortunate that it has taken them this long to set up an official program to leverage that unique resource.

I assume that the Military-Industrial-Complex is fearful of loosing billions of dollars in overpriced research if it's demonstrated that the rank-and-file of the services can do it faster, better, and cheaper.

Hillbilly armor should make your blood boil with pure anger and sadness not fill you with pride!

Finally, what is not reported or people choose to forget because it shows the hillbilly armor story to be naked propaganda masking grievous and institutionalized incompetence is that the hillbilly armor was of wildly varying actual effectiveness that ranged all the way between actively worse than nothing to "meh it's at least kinda helping".... But realistically actual instances of it being truly effective just aren't there.

Okay, now I'm embarrassed and nauseated. I fell for the propaganda. Hook, line and sinker; I swallowed it all.

But this seems to be another instance of almost gross incompetence on the part of military leaders to properly manage, equip, and train their service members. It seems to me that military planners still don't have the ability to look "outside of the box" to visualize future conflicts. And when they do attempt to implement new technology via the standard acquisition process, the cost overruns and schedule slips eventually doom the projects to failure.

Thanks,
- dex

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: liejunkie01

It's still in testing. They haven't tested it in a couple years and were still trying to decide what missile body it can fit into. They're at least a couple years from operational at a minimum. They have to fit it into the body and then test it in that body.

Thank you for the info.

They had an "expert" on the news and he said that the military has a problem with trying to over engineer(or spend too much time trying to perfect everything). He said we should give our soldiers and personnel the equipment to use and experiment with on the battlefield. Which isn't a direct quote of course but it was the jist of what he was saying. It works, use it. Not necessarily in NK, but other conflicts.

We have all of these shiny expensive toys hanging out in warehouses and labs, spend billions on them and don't really get much out of them.

I kind of agree with him a little. Strap the thing to something and roll with it. Learn in the field.

But what do I know?

Yes it does work.
Try giving an irritated soldier IM Morphine to stop their pain.

Since it cooks them from the inside out, it's useless.
Although they die in a few minutes, it's horrific.
Something you never forget

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join