It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Australian Scientist Interrogated Iraqi Prisoners. Update.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In a direct contradiction to an official statement made by the Australian Defence Minister Robert Hill in June 2004, Rod Barton who was a member of the Iraq Survey Group (ISG) has stated that he personally interrogated 'high value' Iraqi detainees at Camp Cropper. In a "Four Corners" interview, to be aired in Australia on monday night, Rod Barton states how intelligence about Iraq's weapons program was censored and manipulated.

www.news.com.au
Mr Barton said Mr Duelfer told him he had discussed his work with President George W Bush and with the head of the CIA and wanted a different type of report containing no conclusions.

He said he had inspected two trailers and concluded they had nothing to do with biological weapons productions, contrary to the CIA view.

Even Foreign Minister Alexander Downer told parliament in Mary 2003 that the trailers appeared to be mobile biological weapons labs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this is all speculation at the moment, so i would like to reserve my opinion until after i watch the interview. Below is a link to Four Corners and the transcript will be available in 24 hrs.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

edit:title

[edit on 28-3-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Well this is all speculation at the moment, so i would like to reserve my opinion until after i watch the interview.

Hmmm. Not just speculation though - actual allegations. ...It will be interesting to watch and see what comes out of this investigation.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Update.

Former intelligence officer Rod Barton maintains he interrogated prisoners in Iraq, contradicting the Government which says he only took part in interviews.

Labor Senator Chris Evans says Mr Barton and others will be invited to give evidence to the inquiry.

He says the Government has misled the public.

"There are people we know who've been involved who haven't spoken yet and it would be nice to hear what they have to say," he said.

"Labor hopes this inquiry will get the truth out about what happened in Iraq and what the Australian involvement was."

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Thanks for the update sanctum.

Here's hoping the Aussie's hold their government acountable - it might set a new standard for the USA to follow.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks Sanctum, very interesting I wonder how long it will take for discrediting him, I am glad this is coming from sources outside the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Update
March 29.
Senate inquiry to examine interrogation claims

An inquiry into new allegations Australians were involved in the interrogation of Iraqi prisoners begins today in Canberra.
Last month, former defence officer and weapons inspector Rod Barton reignited the debate over whether Australians have interrogated prisoners.
He said he had interrogated scientists at Camp Cropper, near Baghdad.
Mr Barton will give his evidence this afternoon.

Source

Hopefully there will be transparency regarding this inquiry.

new topics

top topics

join