It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals please help me understand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

A hand full of people don't want to stand for the national anthem, and Trump got every one so stirred up they were ready to call it a national emergency. lol.

What's the word for that? Starts with an "S"? Snow.... snow something?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Why is the national anthem off limits to protest?!?!

It's not.

Just really bad form. Especially when they don't make clear what they're protesting. Kneel during the National Anthem and it sure looks to me like you're protesting the whole country. And if you are...then GTFO!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Same. NFLexit as soon as I saw that moron Kapernick politicizing football. I do watch College ball still. Nothing political there, yet.

My only hope is that NFL shutters amid this controversy, since they are all overpaid entertainers anyhow. In fact, all entertainers are significantly overpaid. Most actors and musicians for instance, are moderately talented but nevertheless aren't worth the millions they make for mere entertainment.

I've always loved the message their massive paychecks sent to doctors, police, firemen, researchers, scientists, soldiers, etc. Those with the most important jobs and functions in society are paid modest wages, while no-to-some talent entertainers make millions.

....yet they want to complain and politicize things AT WORK while making this kind of money? No thanks. Those arrogant a-holes don't deserve another cent of my money. And they won't get it either. Even if they fire every last activist from NFL teams, I'm one ex-fan that is gone forever. I am sure more like me are out there too.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The only white supremacy is being ~70% of the population. Beyond that, it is perceived entirely.

There are laws which affect minorities more often, which you all should take up with your Dem. buddies in congress (who haven't tried to repeal or amend any of these laws BTW...even when they were in power). Trying to blame a race isn't the answer though. White aren't responsible for passing those laws any more than minorities.

...especially when you've got fools like Conyers constantly voting to advance the racist establishment's agenda. Thank god he's gone now.

And thank god you all are spending so much time attacking people on race, or for being part of the right wing. You do realize the New Right stands in direct opposition to the racist and illegitimate establishment (AKA deep state), right?
edit on 12/5/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I agree with you

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nobody cared about Tebow kneeling. it's a very over exaggerated claim. NFL players have been kneeling before and after games, in prayer circles for years. People just liked to make Tebow kneeling the reason he didn't have a great NFL career when the reality was he just wasn't good enough to be an NFL QB, which happens to many great college QB's.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: RickinVa

I've always loved the message their massive paychecks sent to doctors, police, firemen, researchers, scientists, soldiers, etc. Those with the most important jobs and functions in society are paid modest wages, while no-to-some talent entertainers make millions.

First of all, doctors and scientists make bank. Now if you want to give local police and firemen giant raises, I'm right there with you. The only difference is I'm cool with the giant tax increase it would take to make that happen. Most on ATS would not be willing to take an extra fifty cents in tax a year for such any reason.

It's silly to compare wages paid from tax revenue to wages paid off of entertainment demand. Obviously, athletes and actors would make much less if their product was not consumed to the tune of billions of revenue dollars.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Kapernick is kneeling in protest of police violence NOT because of a religious belief , or the flag, or the anthem.

The reason I think he is winning this fight is because the right stream media will not talk about why he is really kneeling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join