It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort's bail revoked - violation of court order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

In a new filing Monday afternoon, Mueller's investigators said Manafort was working on an editorial in English as late as last Thursday and that it related to his political work for Ukraine, which factored into his money-laundering and foreign lobbying criminal charges.

The filing asks for the court to revisit a bail agreement Mueller's office and Manafort's lawyers made jointly last week. The court had not yet approved a change to his $10 million unsecured bail and house arrest.

"Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court's November 8 Order if it had been published," prosecutors wrote. "The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name)."

Manafort has pleaded not guilty to the charges. The bail agreement the lawyers appeared to have reached would have freed him from house arrest and GPS monitoring while asking him to post more than $11 million in real estate as collateral. Prosecutors have argued since his arrest October 30 that Manafort is a flight risk.

The judge in the case ordered in early November for Manafort, his lawyers and the prosecutors to "refrain from making statements to the media or in public settings that pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice to this case."

It appears Paul Manafort has found himself in further trouble due to his recent violations of his release agreement. CNN is looking at this from the Russian angle, although it is Ukraine Manafort was caught lobbying for. Interesting nevertheless. Manafort is a slimy politician who deserves what he gets.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 12/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

In conjunction with his lobbying for the Party of Regions, starting in 2006 and at least until 2009, Manafort was getting paid $10 million a year or more by Oleg Deripaska to advance Putin's interests.

AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin

WASHINGTON (AP) — Before signing up with Donald Trump, former campaign manager Paul Manafort secretly worked for a Russian billionaire with a plan to “greatly benefit the Putin Government,” The Associated Press has learned. The White House attempted to brush the report aside Wednesday, but it quickly raised fresh alarms in Congress about Russian links to Trump associates.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and former Soviet republics to benefit President Vladimir Putin’s government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse.

I wonder where they were trying to get this ghostwritten op-ed published?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That is really interesting ante, thanks for the information

I did not know he was working for Putin or Viktor Yanukovych's interests. I had always assumed he was lobbying on behalf of Petro Poroshenko's government, for arms and vehicles and such. Learn something new every day though. Makes me like Manafort even less

As far as where he might have been publishing, I think CNN mentioned there was at least something online and I wouldn't be surprised if he got the op-ed into some major papers.

He is a shady lobbyist, and it is a good reminder to lobbyists to see one of their own go down

edit on 12/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Manafort is only toxic for the past administration and accidents happen all the time. He is already a dead man walking.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy Wow what a dumb ass thing to say. How has he worked for the past administration exactly? I know but do you?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Manafort's charges date back a decade before he even knew Trump, let alone worked on his campaign. He did a lot of work with the Podesta Group, who has also become a target of the broad probe.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns I do not disagree with you but the podesta group work for all parties. And are you sure he didn't know Trump 10 years prior?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Perfectenemy Wow what a dumb ass thing to say. How has he worked for the past administration exactly? I know but do you?

Don't worry you will hear about it one day on CNN or whatever. Do you really think the Clinton Foundation operated without Obamas approval? Don't make me laugh. Hillary and Obama played the american people for fools since his inauguration.

Manaforts indictment listed only crimes before he worked for Trump but psst it's a secret.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Oh I agree, there are plenty of corrupt jerks in the GOP as well. I fully realize this isn't a party thing. To me at least it is 100% about eliminating public corruption, graft, and generally unscrupulous lobbying/special/foreign interests.

I can not find any evidence showing he knew Trump years earlier, am I mistaken on this?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy Well if you knew or even payed attention to my post in past threads you would know where I stand. But I will treat you to the fact that I do not watch CNN any more than I watch FOX. And yes The past admin played us like a fool as does the current administration. So I ask will you follow blindly or think for yourself?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: JBurns

In conjunction with his lobbying for the Party of Regions, starting in 2006 and at least until 2009, Manafort was getting paid $10 million a year or more by Oleg Deripaska to advance Putin's interests.

AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin

WASHINGTON (AP) — Before signing up with Donald Trump, former campaign manager Paul Manafort secretly worked for a Russian billionaire with a plan to “greatly benefit the Putin Government,” The Associated Press has learned. The White House attempted to brush the report aside Wednesday, but it quickly raised fresh alarms in Congress about Russian links to Trump associates.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and former Soviet republics to benefit President Vladimir Putin’s government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse.

I would guess that where it was written is the one reason for continued house arrest, propounding the obvious I suppose, but in the back of my mind is the fact that Manafort still had the ear of Trump, even though no official capacity, and in Manafort's current circumstances, how much communication would he have been allowed?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All I can find is he was working (on the piece) with a Russian who is connected to Putin, and the Russian Intelligence Community.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nobody claimed Manafort to be a genius. He will get what he deserves.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Manafort is singing so sweetly and as Trumps former Campaign mgr. he knew many things. There is no loyalty in the Trump WH. believe me. Kelly is next to be thrown under the bus or Jared.

www.rawstory.com...

Nobody claimed Manafort to be a genius. He will get what he deserves.

Not if he cops a deal like Flynn....I bet it's already in the works.
edit on 4-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Darn looks like Manafort has more problems, more criminal activity discovered, once again blowing his bond deal.

I must admit seeing low life scum like this getting jammed up is a sight for sore eyes.

Prosecutors say they've found 'additional criminal conduct' by the former Trump campaign chairman.

“The proposed package is deficient in the government’s view, in light of additional criminal conduct that we have learned since the Court’s initial bail determination,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing submitted on Tuesday and made public in a redacted form on Friday evening. “That criminal conduct includes a series of bank frauds and bank fraud conspiracies.”

Uh oh!

Prosecutors’ references to “conspiracies” suggest that someone beyond Manafort was involved in the alleged fraud, but no further details were given.

Oh darn those concurrent state & federal investigations & grand juries, double the eyes finding Trump & Associates lies.

A report in The Wall Street Journal last year said investigators from the office of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman were examining loans that Manafort obtained in connection with various real estate transactions, including mortgages issued by Federal Savings Bank.

That and other articles also noted that the bank’s chairman, Stephen Calk, was an economic adviser to the Trump campaign.

This is just too rich in irony, lol.

The latest proposal involves two properties in New York, including a Trump Tower condo,

www.politico.com...

K~

top topics

join