It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiver me timbers: Arctic blast on the way

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The mild weather of the last few weeks will soon be a distant memory as the coldest air of the season invades most of the central and eastern U.S.

Frigid temperatures, but little snow, will hit from the Midwest to the Southeast. Even parts of Florida will see nighttime temperatures dip into the 30s.

Unlike previous cold snaps this fall, this one looks to stay around for a while, potentially until the first day of winter on Dec. 21, AccuWeather meteorologist Max Vido said.

The high temperatures later this week will be about 20 to 30 degrees colder than they are Monday, according to AccuWeather, with highs near 40 degrees in the Northeast and 50 degrees as far south as Atlanta.

USA Today, Dec. 4, 2017 - Shiver me timbers: Arctic blast on the way.

You got to love MSM! In this whole article they do not give a city's current temperature! It used to be it had to be "news worthy" for the North, the East, the West and South. Now it is just words surrounding tweets and video clips.

There are no temperatures for cities as in where they are now, what they can see in the coming days, and where they will remain. From this article, I could not tell you what is going on in DC, Chicago, Charleston, Memphis, even in the Big Apple, no single temperature to compare to.

Maybe it is in one of the vids but not everybody has access to vids all the time. Which is why we could always revert back to reading the NEWS print. Oh, well. At least they are showing an OK Go! video without me having to click on it!

So the East is going to be slammed. Gee, how is it in Anchorage, Alaska, TEOT?

49 °F (6 °C), windy, and raining. In December. To give you an idea of how out of sorts this is, that temperature for Anchorage, Alaska is the exact same as New York City!

Since the MSM can't be bothered to tell us what the temps are in major US cities, let alone minor US cities, how about we #FakeNews them by reporting our decent into Arctic Madness over the coming weeks?!

What says you ATSers? Let's be the news we want to hear!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather just skip it and keep the temp where it is. It's been rather pleasant so far, a bit chilly but nothing like winters past. I'm sure shouting "Fake News" will keep me warm.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Reverse analogy. The MSM calls conspiracy theory sites, especially ATS, fakenews. Like flipping off your punk rock buddy, I mean to own it and wear it as a badge of glory!

The East coast means our jet stream line up gets screwed with too. Our warm spell is to last as long as their cold spell. I'm being a little b1tchy about having my winter screwed with.

On the plus side, the local ski hill could get walloped! Tips crossed!

edit on 4-12-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well Ski on brother, personally i could do without the snow this year....or any year.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It will be very cold....despite the fact that this cold will go against the global warming religion.

Nature (and reality) do not care

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Do you really think that global warming means that it will never be cold anywhere?

Really?
edit on 12/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I just found this hilarious!

Source: XKCD.com - Felsius.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's about time, been looking forward to actually using my new snow blower I bought in October. Though I did tell the hubby, "Now that I finally bought one, watch it not snow til December." Well frick me, if THAT wasn't prophetic...

Sorry folks, I jinxed winter & caused the delay, my bad. Apology beers?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Global warming is the real deal.

Temps are supposed to reach new highs by +20.2 °€ (3 °C, new estimate).

Now that does not mean everything is warmer but it means the thermal energy in the atmosphere is even more chaotic. Hurricanes will be bigger and stronger, probably more of them. Rain. Winters will be just as brutal as the convection currents get all jumbled about. Arctic blasts, polar vortex, pineapple express, El Nino and La Nina, all are going to get strange.

What is causing it is where the political fight is. Which is why I will now use the Felsius scale!

edit on 4-12-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: wrong word teot!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

After many years of shoveling snow with a shovel my husband finally got a delux snow blower. We have not had a bad snow since and have had unseasonably warm and dry winters. I will buy a new snow blower every year if it keeps it that way!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Some days I wanna kiss you Phage, luckily the moment always passes.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I just checked. 39 °F, at the base and raining. It is not even freezing (32 °F/0 °C).

They do not open for the season until next week anyway. Oh well.

Chicago is supposed to drop out by 30 °F by Wednesday. That is a pretty good free fall!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ha! I was just telling my husband that this warm gusty southern breeze is bound to swing soon. I am happy the snow has not come here in Michigan like prior years. I am getting older and shoveling pathways to animals and such is becoming a pain.

Yet, I believe this is all cyclable and as such...the seasons are simply shifting for now. January, February and March are the months to watch out for here nowadays, not november, December and January.

Thank goodness, 2 more cords of wood being delivered next week! Hubby thinks I am crazy to order extra...but no snow means no extra insulation to our roof to me!

All in all, sure the climate is shifting...personally, I think manmade effects are delaying a glacier effect returning on cycle time. I am going to just evolve with the changing times.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Shiver me timbers

Shiver your timbers.

Sunny, balmy weather in the 70s, 300 days a year. Hardly a day that drops to freezing all year. Nary a tornado or hurricane, friggin golfball hail, ice storms, below zero, ever.

Just an earthquake or two upon occasion in the midrange of Richter. Oh and fires.

Big fires.

edit on 4-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you really think that global warming means that it will never be cold anywhere?

Really?

Do you really think I said
"...that global warming means that it will never be cold anywhere..." ??

Really ?

Read my post again, this time S L O W E R

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Now that does not mean everything is warmer but it means the thermal energy in the atmosphere is even more chaotic. Hurricanes will be bigger and stronger, probably more of them. Rain. Winters will be just as brutal as the convection currents get all jumbled about. Arctic blasts, polar vortex, pineapple express, El Nino and La Nina, all are going to get strange.

What is causing it is where the political fight is. Which is why I will now use the Felsius scale!

For the most part I've dropped the "global warming" and "climate change" terms. Now, I just say "climate weirdness" these days. And it's only going to get stranger and stranger.

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I am here pouting in the rain when a very glorious thing happened.

It is about an hour before sunset. The sun sank below the cloud deck and we are having a beautiful sunset!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Nope, it's not.

Natural climate variability, that is all.

With respect to the "temperature scale" to use, given that it is largely a get rich quick scheme by which fraudsters like Gore want to force us to buy his "indulgences"/carbon credits, rather than your Felsius scale, the Phuckus scale seems more appropriate.....

...and we're at 0 on the Phukus scale (meaning, bend over), and dropping fast towards -20 on the Phukus scale (meaning, get extra KY jelly...)
edit on 4-12-2017 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Cold air don't worry me.

Another Blizzard of 1978 does.

edit on 4-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes trapped at work for 3 days !!! but on the payroll

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join