It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Supreme Court Rules For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah, weren't all the libtards going to move there once Trump won, but never left!? I'll pay their airfare to leave. Funny thing though, Canada has immigration rules identical to what Trump is proposing. LOL!

Yea.. hilarious. In fact, this year.. they rolled out a new immigration plan to allow more immigrants (perhaps as much as 320,000) this year alone than in many years past... hahaha that's so funny! Oh wait.. no it isn't. You didn't actually research that, did you.

They, like many countries, aim for more skilled immigrants. I'm perfectly ok with that. Many countries have laws in place that pull in immigrants with needed skills. Vetting is different than "omg shut down the borders we are in terrible danger!" Which is essentially what Trump is suggesting.

Fine for kanucks coz no one gives a crap about wanting to blow them up or run them over with a snowmobile.

They are on no one's list for eradication. Kinda sad and suspicious at the same time.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It's the second one isn't it? Meh, the is the watered down version, not sure I would call that a win. Key provisions of the first were reinstated back in June so what does this change? Just more smoke and mirrors.
edit on 5-12-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah, weren't all the libtards going to move there once Trump won, but never left!? I'll pay their airfare to leave. Funny thing though, Canada has immigration rules identical to what Trump is proposing. LOL!

Yea.. hilarious. In fact, this year.. they rolled out a new immigration plan to allow more immigrants (perhaps as much as 320,000) this year alone than in many years past... hahaha that's so funny! Oh wait.. no it isn't. You didn't actually research that, did you.

They, like many countries, aim for more skilled immigrants. I'm perfectly ok with that. Many countries have laws in place that pull in immigrants with needed skills. Vetting is different than "omg shut down the borders we are in terrible danger!" Which is essentially what Trump is suggesting.

Fine for kanucks coz no one gives a crap about wanting to blow them up or run them over with a snowmobile.

They are on no one's list for eradication. Kinda sad and suspicious at the same time.

Right must confusing until you consider Canadians are not projecting their military force across the globe in an attempt to be the world police ,but you knew that already... Right?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe Trumps days are now numbered... Revealing these secrets could see not only Trump fall, but UK government ministers too I believe it constitutes as direct interference by a foreign power...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
I believe Trumps days are now numbered... Revealing these secrets could see not only Trump fall, but UK government ministers too I believe it constitutes as direct interference by a foreign power...

That's got nothing to do with this thread - it's a claim that Russia rigged the EU vote. Of course, Russia and Trump rigged everything that the globalists didn't want to happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Dfairlite

And this is going to address homegrown terror plots how exactly?

Be reducing the number of reinforcements from known ISIS territories. I guess you could care less about your family's safety from idiots full of hate and ways to kill in the soft zones where guns aren't allowed to the citizen?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Kewl

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: pavil

Reisling isn't wine.

But if we are dividing up on our wine tastes, i guess im a righty, too. I like a good pinot grigio.

NIEN! Riesling IS VINE!!!!

Drank Meade at thanksgiving dinner this year. Yea, not wine either. Not a proper wine for a lover.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DreamerOracle

That's got nothing to do with this thread - it's a claim that Russia rigged the EU vote. Of course, Russia and Trump rigged everything that the globalists didn't want to happen.

Actually it describes also the collusion between the UK government through a 3rd party MICROTARGETTING FIRM from the UK affected the Clinton Campaign to the benefit of the Trump Campaign.... That is DIRECT interference. One name that stands out is former Trump Foreign Policy Adviser George Papadopolous. The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) confirmed that Papadopoulos met with British minister Tobias Ellwood as well as a ‘high ranking’ person with the FCO. And it was Papadopoulos who accused a ‘professor’, identified as Joseph Mifsud, of being a Kremlin go-between. Mifsud allegedly tipped off Papadopoulos about ‘dirt’ on US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Though Mifsud denies this. Earlier this year Johnson was photographed at a Conservative Party event standing next to Mifsud. quote.. The Tories UK interfering in the Presidential Election US... With Trumps knowledge of that fact or his campaign team, take your pick. No Trump..... No Travel Ban...
edit on 5-12-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The constitution and the rule of law was upheld. The other two Ginsburgnut and Sotomyor crazy want another country. I suggest they start looking for one. Marxists!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Great question

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Maybe you don't watch the news, but up to 500 people a day are running from America into Canada, they want to go to a place where ICE won't hunt them down and ruin their lives. America's choices are becoming Canada's problem not the other way around, because Trudeau is a big softy. When a democrat comes to power again that's when they will all start sneaking back in, until then no wall is needed on the northern border, Americans that really believe that have been duped by far right propaganda.
All you need is Trump in office and people will want to stay in Canada where they get free health care anyways.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ha...ANYWHERE but the Mud Pit. The rules are too lax in here, and the threads always end up being a pissing match about ideological differences versus discussing the actual topic.

My comment came from the fact that immediately after you posted this in the Mud Pit, someone posted it in the Breaking Political News forum, and I got disheartened when I saw the Mud Pit one was first. It has nothing to do with your OP, just the regulars that seize upon the MP forum and destroy the threads.

ETA: See below for a perfect example.

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Not that facts matter much trumps little orange oompa loompa's.

This is why the Mud Pit, for all intents and purposes, is a waste of neuron firings.
edit on 5-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: I added an example of blatant jackassery

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

VERSION #3 BTW

AFTER his first two versions were laughed out the court system.

AND the decision did NOT rule on the merits of the case, they just ruled it could be enforced while the challenges work there way through the courts.

Not that facts matter much trumps little orange oompa loompa's.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Look it up. Canada has a good vetting process.

??

So Canada has banned immigration from the same countries Trump has?

Please share a link.

Also explain why "they" couldn't just cross the border from Canada?

My issue with the travel ban is that it is STUPID....and I mean BIGLY DUMB.

It makes no rational sense. It does zero to keep us safer. It is just ideological circle jerking for bigots and angry dumb people that hope all of their life's ills aren't their own fault but rather brown people's fault.

I'm sure you do FEEL that way.

Nope. Feelings have nothing to do with it. Actually politics has nothing to do with assessing the constitutional veracity of his executive order. It failed twice in the courts and this is the third try. Even now the SCOTUS has not ruled on the merits, only ruled they would not block the order until the lower courts finished considering it.

since 1975 there hasn't been a terror attack that cost US lives on US soil by someone from one of the original travel ban countries, according to a study by the libertarian Cato Institute.

www.cnn.com...

STUPID

Stupid costs lives.

That is not a feeling, but reality.

Yes his Travel Ban is STUPID. Those that cheer it are doubling down on stupid.
It is ALL emotion, zero thinking.

Psst...BTW

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda.

Fifteen of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the
United Arab Emirates (2),
Egypt, and Lebanon

TRUMPS TRAVEL BAN

Venezuela
Syria
Lybia
Chad
Iran
Yemen
Somalia
North Korea

STUPID

edit on 5-12-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Dfairlite replied with a pretty succinct point in this response to your question. As for specifically what they're waiting on in the 9th and 4th, here's the best that I could find in a quick look (Politico):

The Ninth Circuit next month will hear arguments on whether Honolulu-based U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson's injunction should be left in place or overturned. Those arguments are set to take place in Seattle on Dec. 6 ...

However, the Fourth Circuit has decided that it will hear that case at a sitting of all but two of its 15 active judges on Dec. 8. Such en banc sittings are rare, but the court conducted one earlier this year to hear arguments about the second version of Trump's ban.

Bascially, we're waiting on two rulings about injunctions imposed by lower-court judges on the travel ban from those courts, and then once that happens, the SCOTUS is free to make a final ruling on things (I think). From what I've read, though, the 4th-circuit has made arguments based on the claimed un-constitutionality of the ban (religious descrimintation), whereas the 9th has argued a non-constitutional approach (based on the Immigration and Nationality Act). Both, though, are desired to be ruled on before the SCOTUS takes up the issue in finality.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, another bad day for our resident lefties who want unfettered immigration from terrorist hotbeds with non-functioning governments (do they really believe that's a great plan

You are being played like a fool. See past the left / right narrative. Its an illusion

Wake Up

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When they argued that the ban on Muslim-majority countries was bad but adding NK and Venezuela to it was fine, they really shot themselves in the foot. They completely undermined their entire argument.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle
you poor kid or old lady, your naivety is so high it may actually be bad for your health. Perhaps you should get a quick shot of reality to help treat this illness??

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Surely enough these immigrants will end up in Canada (for free and paid for by airhead Trudeau) and then will somehow cross the border when they want to commit terror in US. As far as I know Canada doesn't have a travel ban with the US. Not now anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join