It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Supreme Court Rules For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Man if you guys think this day was fun wait until Wray reopens the FBI Clinton investigation in the next little bit. It's going to be a lot of fun!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
the part that bugs me the most about this and other cases is the fact that we have plenty of judges in the country who were never elected that can go ahead and put a halt to our govt and hold them up for months. the precedent that sets is quite scary. people should be horrified that one single random judge can bring our entire system to a halt.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Look it up. Canada has a good vetting process.

??

So Canada has banned immigration from the same countries Trump has?

Please share a link.

Also explain why "they" couldn't just cross the border from Canada?

My issue with the travel ban is that it is STUPID....and I mean BIGLY DUMB.

It makes no rational sense. It does zero to keep us safer. It is just ideological circle jerking for bigots and angry dumb people that hope all of their life's ills aren't their own fault but rather brown people's fault.

I'm sure you do FEEL that way. Unfortunately ATS isn't a college campus filled with a bunch of poisoned minds that care about listening to the crap you just posted.

Let's see, Bigots, Dumb, Brown people, ya see? ATS isn't a safe space for YOU to show your bigotry towards those you disagree with out someone hurting your feelings by disagreeing with you. Canada does have a very strict system for those wanting to go there legally. Well, they used to until Trudeau thru open the doors to 3rd world invaders.

But Sober up there fella, we get you are worried and we are laughing like you wouldn't believe watching ya squirm!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah, weren't all the libtards going to move there once Trump won, but never left!? I'll pay their airfare to leave. Funny thing though, Canada has immigration rules identical to what Trump is proposing. LOL!
edit on 4-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How has that virtually open borders policy fared for europe? Oh yeah figures, not very pretty the situation over there.

Well.. someone has drunk the Trump Kool-Aid. What do the issues in Europe have to do with immigrant issues in America? Oh yea.. nothing at all. That's always the first thing that pops up.. because Trump keeps pointing to European countries and saying "See!! Immigration is evil!" Immigration has always been an issue in countries where it's so much easier for them to move to. It's not quite as easy to get to the United States. All that ocean and stuff sort of gets in the way. Sure.. we have open borders.. to the Atlantic Ocean.. and Pacific Ocean.

If Trump had his way, I'm sure he'd wall off Canada, Mexico, and not let anyone in from out of the country.

Fact: Mass murder events in the U.S. are almost exclusively by U.S. citizens and now a common event. There is your real problem. Not that we might get a "bad immigrant" in the next 10 years.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Quite obnoxious, but I don't see a reasonable way around it. They're acting unreasonably for political purposes.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We don't spend an inordinate amount of time polishing our politicians nuts..the honeymoon is over for him.

edit on 4-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Yeah, weren't all the libtards going to move there once Trump won, but never left!? I'll pay their airfare to leave. Funny thing though, Canada has immigration rules identical to what Trump is proposing. LOL!

Yea.. hilarious. In fact, this year.. they rolled out a new immigration plan to allow more immigrants (perhaps as much as 320,000) this year alone than in many years past... hahaha that's so funny! Oh wait.. no it isn't. You didn't actually research that, did you.

They, like many countries, aim for more skilled immigrants. I'm perfectly ok with that. Many countries have laws in place that pull in immigrants with needed skills. Vetting is different than "omg shut down the borders we are in terrible danger!" Which is essentially what Trump is suggesting.
edit on 4-12-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: seeker1963

We don't spend an inordinate amount of time polishing our politicians nuts..the honeymoon is over for him.

I don't polish anyone's nuts but my own. Care to elaborate, or should I just pretend you made sense?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: TheScale

Quite obnoxious, but I don't see a reasonable way around it. They're acting unreasonably for political purposes.

its easy to fix. have them take their case to the supreme court and prove its illegal before being able to bring a halt to such legislation. theres quite a few checks and balances in place that should make it hard to push through illegal laws anyhow and in this case its even more laughable considering they just took a list from the previous admin that was perfectly fine then and reused it and all the hypocrites lost their minds

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Yea.. hilarious. In fact, this year.. they rolled out a new immigration plan to allow more immigrants (perhaps as much as 320,000) this year alone than in many years past... hahaha that's so funny! Oh wait.. no it isn't. You didn't actually research that, did you.

They, like many countries, aim for more skilled immigrants. I'm perfectly ok with that. Many countries have laws in place that pull in immigrants with needed skills. Vetting is different than "omg shut down the borders we are in terrible danger!" Which is essentially what Trump is suggesting.

Why vet anyone if anyone can waltz the hell on in and people with your ideology opens their arms and says welcome? Do you lock you doors at night in your own home or do you just leave em open for anyone to come on in?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Statistically, foreign born terrorists kill one American a year. Glad we're focusing on the important stuff. Better go buy more guns.

How many Americans were killed just on 9/11? How many years have there been Americans? Divide the bigger by the smaller, what do you get? An inconvenient number that's larger than 1 that's what. Play with the maths like the left does and omit every day prior to 9/11 and that number is freakishly scary big. Omit 9/11 and it's like "meh what's the big deal here?"

Shall we count the number of Americans that were injured on 9/11 and play with those averages? How many New Yorkers survived that day only to wind up with cancers and other debilitating diseases related to exposure to the debris? How do you come up with a stat for that? How about count how many Americans had nightmares after that day; afraid to leave their homes, go to school, leave their kids and go to work, get on a plane to visit family or to work?

One American killed, raped, injured, abused, assaulted, even scared by a foreigner is one too many. We will not accept terrorism as the statistic we have to learn to live with.

I just bought more guns and ammo, thanks for the suggestion.
edit on 4-12-2017 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Travel bans are rather common around the time of a large scale war, just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Obviously you have never owned a passport in your life. Its shows your past travels and country of origin.

EDIT - now if you're talking about jumping the fence well thats another matter
edit on 5-12-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

What you call that dried out paper thin charred thing they sell in America "bacon"? More like cardboard salt wafers.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Jordan Peterson calls it; 31 Genders!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

How has that virtually open borders policy fared for europe? Oh yeah figures, not very pretty the situation over there.

Fact: Mass murder events in the U.S. are almost exclusively by U.S. citizens and now a common event. There is your real problem. Not that we might get a "bad immigrant" in the next 10 years.

Yeah that's it. Face it, our immigration policies have been in need of reform for a loooong time. The travel ban is but
a small bit of that. Both parties know it and have kicked the can down the road for almost 20 years now. We will have immigration reform.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So how do they stop them just coming in through Canada?

Why would they leave Canada? Everything is handed to them.

Do you know how cold it gets in Canada? If I were from a desert I'd leave, too.

They do seem to flock to Sweden and other Northern European countries...... Hmmm I wonder why? What's the common denominator?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trumps travel ban isn’t going to work because the two main countries that are responsible for the importing of terrorism Pakistan and Saudi Arabia aren’t even on the travel ban

So you are for an expanded ban? Please do tell? You seem to want to make the ban work.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Like to see 0bama's mug about now...!

Sorry, they won't let him on the plane to come back.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join