It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Supreme Court Rules For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So how do they stop them just coming in through Canada?

Why would they leave Canada? Everything is handed to them.

Do you know how cold it gets in Canada? If I were from a desert I'd leave, too.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

They have functioning governments. Venezuela isn't a terrorist hotbed, yet they're on the list. Why? They don't have a functioning government.

THat's immaterial. Saudi Arabia had a functioning government when many of the 911 plotters came from there. Qatar and Saudi Arabia had functioning governments when they funded Al Queda/ISIS groups in Syria very recently. Do you see what I mean? Isn't this ostensibly about vetting for safety and terror?
edit on 4-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 4-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Are you saying their vetting procedures in 2017 are the same as they were in the 90's and early 2k's? lol
edit on 4-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Dfairlite

And this is going to address homegrown terror plots how exactly?

By allowing those resources pointed outward to focus inward.

Plug the hole first, then mop up the water.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Are you saying their vetting procedures in 2017 are the same as they were in the 90's and early 2k's? lol

Are you saying that Saudi Arabia and Qatar aren't primary funders/armers of dangerous terrorist aligned groups NOW? What does "vetting" even mean if they are literally funding these groups themselves. Seems like you need to hit the books again brah.

*LOL*
edit on 4-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Are you saying that Saudi Arabia and Qatar aren't primary funders/armers of dangerous terrorist aligned groups NOW? What does "vetting" even mean if they are literally funding these groups themselves. Seems like you need to hit the books again brah.

*LOL*

Shh.

The US has a vested business (and in some cases military) interest in these places. So does Trump, insofar as business.

It would be bad for business to include them.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I still don't get why anyone would be against being more careful about these areas that breed badness.

Because..........racist!

Or so I've been told.

The safety of Americans need not matter, silly.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I still don't get why anyone would be against being more careful about these areas that breed badness.

Because..........racist!

Or so I've been told.

The safety of Americans need not matter, silly.

So why some countries and not others who are hotbeds for extremism and anti-American sentiment, and in some cases actual violence against the US?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: pavil

You think the Trump Admin wouldn't appeal the case if they lost?

Of course the admin would appeal. That doesn't mean the SCOTUS would grant cert, though they very well might.

there is reason to think the end decision will be the same, the ban would likely be upheld by the SC.

If it made it to the SCOTUS, it likely would, as I previously said.

A good Riesling perhaps?

I'm partial to red. You know, since I'm a commie leftist, and all.

I can't meet you halfway with a Rosé. Thats an abomination. I guess our two sides can't meet in the middle. Least we didn't yell at each other and call one another stupid.

Progress........

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

*LOL*

Shh.

The US has a vested business (and in some cases military) interest in these places. So does Trump, insofar as business.

It would be bad for business to include them.

But but but MUH TERRORISM and Muh travel ban!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: pavil

You think the Trump Admin wouldn't appeal the case if they lost?

Of course the admin would appeal. That doesn't mean the SCOTUS would grant cert, though they very well might.

there is reason to think the end decision will be the same, the ban would likely be upheld by the SC.

If it made it to the SCOTUS, it likely would, as I previously said.

A good Riesling perhaps?

I'm partial to red. You know, since I'm a commie leftist, and all.

I can't meet you halfway with a Rosé. Thats an abomination. I guess our two sides can't meet in the middle. Least we didn't yell at each other and call one another stupid.

Progress........

Rosé is too sweet and should never be considered wine, much like port.

You could always buy me a bottle of red, and I you a nice white German.

Compromise, and the start of a long and beautiful ATShip.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

who is ready to take the black and man the wall?

the lone wolf dies but the pack survives and da norrrth remembers, and oh yea one more thing WINTER IS COMING.

But seriously this needs to be breaking news on the networks.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, another bad day for our resident lefties who want unfettered immigration from terrorist hotbeds with non-functioning governments (do they really believe that's a great plan?).

Can't believe so many suckers are buying into Trump's "Omg immigrants are terrorists!!" agenda. How many immigrants from the banned countries have initiated a terrorist attack on American soil? Do you -really- think it's THAT big of an issue? I think smarter vetting is ok. But a wholesale ban is a waste of time and effort.

How many of the mass killing attacks in the U.S. were by U.S. citizens? But hey.. let's ignore that.. and concentrate on something that isn't even a problem.

"But.. one could be a terrorist, one day!" Whatever.. we have actual killers and mass shootings by citizens on a regular basis. But heck.. why bother about focusing on the real issue? Trump has agendas to complete! And they don't involve actually fixing REAL issues in our country.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Well, another bad day for our resident lefties who want unfettered immigration from terrorist hotbeds with non-functioning governments (do they really believe that's a great plan?).

Can't believe so many suckers are buying into Trump's "Omg immigrants are terrorists!!" agenda. How many immigrants from the banned countries have initiated a terrorist attack on American soil? Do you -really- think it's THAT big of an issue? I think smarter vetting is ok. But a wholesale ban is a waste of time and effort.

How many of the mass killing attacks in the U.S. were by U.S. citizens? But hey.. let's ignore that.. and concentrate on something that isn't even a problem.

"But.. one could be a terrorist, one day!" Whatever.. we have actual killers and mass shootings by citizens on a regular basis. But heck.. why bother about focusing on the real issue? Trump has agendas to complete! And they don't involve actually fixing REAL issues in our country.

How has that virtually open borders policy fared for europe? Oh yeah figures, not very pretty the situation over there.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: fleabit

How has that virtually open borders policy fared for europe? Oh yeah figures, not very pretty the situation over there.

Well based on that logic, why is there no travel ban on the countries that these immigrants are coming from?

Seeing how these are bad immigrants and they are ruining Europe why is it OK for them to travel to the U. S, what if they did imagine how much chaos they would cause in America right?

edit on 4-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh my, how far Elena Kagan has fallen ...

Oh it's so horrible to actually have a judge that puts the law over their political views.

I mean good grief is that what we have come to. How is civil war avoidable if people think like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

To be fair Trump also said in 6 months he would have enhanced screening in place. Time is up.

Can't believe we're on opposite sides on Trump lol... Hell of a thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Statistically, foreign born terrorists kill one American a year. Glad we're focusing on the important stuff. Better go buy more guns.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Look it up. Canada has a good vetting process.

??

So Canada has banned immigration from the same countries Trump has?

Please share a link.

Also explain why "they" couldn't just cross the border from Canada?

My issue with the travel ban is that it is STUPID....and I mean BIGLY DUMB.

It makes no rational sense. It does zero to keep us safer. It is just ideological circle jerking for bigots and angry dumb people that hope all of their life's ills aren't their own fault but rather brown people's fault.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join