It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Supreme Court Rules For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unless everyone has a RIGHT to come here, then how couldn't 'we' have the right to ban anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite ahhh why didn't we think of that before. You are soooo smart.....tunnels. sometimes you really show how stupid some people are. Yes build a wall. If you really want a cheap solution that will actually help nature come to me. I have the solution. And no its not your stupid ass idea of THE WALL

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: pavil

Ok. Did you miss the bolded part of my quote?

No, I didn't. Did you miss the sentence directly before what you bolded? The SCOTUS order only allows the ban to take effect while the appeals courts work out the challenges to it. That is all.

Sure, if a case were brought before the SCOTUS, it very could be granted (because of the order). But this is about letting the lawfulness, due to the legal challenges, work itself out in lower courts.

To review or challenge the lower courts decisions, certiorari would have to be granted.

Winner buys the beer when the SC ultimately decides. Deal? I wont mind buying you a drink.

Winner of what? I'm agreeing that it is likely they would honor it, if it were brought before them, but that is only after and if the appeals court decisions are challenged and brought before the SCOTUS, which is another issue.

I prefer wine.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Is it harder to stroll across the border with no impediment or is it harder to dig a tunnel? A wall creates choke points, even with your tunneling.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Ok. Did you miss the bolded part of my quote?

No, I didn't. Did you miss the sentence directly before what you bolded? The SCOTUS order only allows the ban to take effect while the appeals courts work out the challenges to it. That is all.

Sure, if a case were brought before the SCOTUS, it very could be granted (because of the order). But this is about letting the lawfulness, due to the legal challenges, work itself out in lower courts.

To review or challenge the lower courts decisions, certiorari would have to be granted.

Winner buys the beer when the SC ultimately decides. Deal? I wont mind buying you a drink.

Winner of what? I'm agreeing that it is likely they would honor it, if it were brought before them, but that is only after and if the appeals court decisions are challenged and brought before the SCOTUS, which is another issue.

I prefer wine.

Ok. You think the Trump Admin wouldn't appeal the case if they lost? I have no doubt the 9th Court will likely go down the path they usually do. I know the celebration is premature but there is reason to think the end decision will be the same, the ban would likely be upheld by the SC.

A good Riesling perhaps?

You know us righties love our White German wines. Lol.

edit on 4-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

The point is making people come up with those solutions. You slow the flow, possibly making it more profitable (eventually) to just stay home and work on making it better.

Doing nothing, however...what will that achieve?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
TRUMP WINS AGAIN!!!

On a roll, so much winning. The anti-American lefties can only stall and delay the inevitable, Trump winning.

Never giving up, always one step ahead, soon the sanctuary cities will be falling, the Wall will be going up, and jobs will be returning. Everything Lefties hate is moving forward, America is getting Great Again just like Trump promised.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Finally common sense prevailed over muh feelings. I swear if a bomb goes off in Germany this christmas there will be hell to pay for Merkel and her open borders policy. We already found some devices near a christmas market. Good thing they weren't armed.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
It was really only a matter of time before this happened..

I really don't know why the left wants to speed up immigration...wait a second yes I do. VOTES!!

BINGO !

This is the ONLY reason the political left want to increase and speed up immigration. They cannot win without buying the votes with the currency of immigration.

The irony is how none of the lefties on ATS seem to grasp this point. I would be willing to change my view point if the ATS lefties can point me to some scientific data that suggests allowing a mass contingent of illiterate and unskilled immigrants and refugees (calm down hyperventilating lefties...I'm not claiming they are all unskilled and illiterate) into our country somehow benefits not just the local economies but at the federal level as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I love how the lying MSM plays the "6 mostly Muslim countries" despite the fact that people are free to travel to the U.S. from most Muslim-majority countries in the world.
The real headline should say "6 countries with nonfunctional governments, rampant terrorism, and little to no security controls".

By the way, here's a list of Muslim-majority countries for all the "Trump is banning Muslims!" idiots:
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Chad
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Guinea
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Mayotte
Morocco
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
The Gambia
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara
Yemen

Didn't you know in those countries you listed they only have good peace loving muslims, the 6 countries on the ban list have mainly bad evil terrorist Muslims.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

because , because Trump !!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You think the Trump Admin wouldn't appeal the case if they lost?

Of course the admin would appeal. That doesn't mean the SCOTUS would grant cert, though they very well might.

there is reason to think the end decision will be the same, the ban would likely be upheld by the SC.

If it made it to the SCOTUS, it likely would, as I previously said.

A good Riesling perhaps?

I'm partial to red. You know, since I'm a commie leftist, and all.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If customs there is anything like what I just experienced coming back from vaca there's no way .

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So how do they stop them just coming in through Canada?

In all your Canukian hospitality and open call to refuge in your parts, why would you let them leave?

Said user is NOT Canadian, please don't infer they are.

link   
I feel guilty boiling this entire thread down to a meme, but I cant resist

link   

Reisling isn't wine.

But if we are dividing up on our wine tastes, i guess im a righty, too. I like a good pinot grigio.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Canada has a good vetting process.

“”Returning foreign terrorist travellers and their families, specifically women and children, require the appropriate disengagement and reintegration support”.
www.rcinet.ca...

"Terrorist Travellers"

Seriously

W T F

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I tried hard to find a trump thread to put this in
Yeah, first one I came across.

www.youtube.com...

I'm wondering if this was created by a Liberal or crazy conservative. I tend to think a Liberal is trying to cash in on Trump and insult the people who back him myself.

I know it is stupid, but it would be a memorable thing to buy to remind me of all the chaos from the media and left.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Cool the "temporary travel ban" that trump wanted in place 9/ 10 months ago, that should have been LIFTED by now. Great Job!!! The ban was supposed to be a "few months". Seems to me its been over "a few months" and it prevented 0 attacks. What has the trump administration done in the past 10 MONTHS without the travel ban they could with one????? NOTHING!!!!! Its a smoke screen people. Good job anyway trump! How long is this "temporary" ban going to be. This is not supposed to be a big long permanent ban!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So how do they stop them just coming in through Canada?

If the liberal media take this ruling for what It is - a reasonable restriction to put on people coming from certain areas - and not blow it out of proportion and labeling it racist or whatever, then the Canadian PM has a chance of using this ruling as a framework to compliment out own restrictions.

The media is who gets everyone worked up and angry about things the media wants people to be angry about. If they would just stay out of the opinion business and report news, political representatives could finally start proposal reasonable solutions.

Media is out of control and need to be put back in check. But of course what I just said will be interpreted as oppressing free press. Total cluster f♡€k

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join