It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Supreme Court Rules For Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The theatre is closed.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
The mud pit is the most likely place to generate S & F. That's why most of the tabloid nonsense goes straight here, and ends up the biggest threads of the week. This is of course, by design. If everybody participates mostly in the low bro # fest real topics will continue to be discussed seldom and important matters can be ignored.

Not that this is not important, but as you yourself just said, intelligent discussion is hard to get in here. BY DESIGN AND you already know it.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The mud pit is the most likely place to generate S & F. That's why most of the tabloid nonsense goes straight here, and ends up the biggest threads of the week. This is of course, by design. If everybody participates mostly in the low bro # fest real topics will continue to be discussed seldom and important matters can be ignored.

Not that this is not important, but as you yourself just said, intelligent discussion is hard to get in here. BY DESIGN AND you already know it.

I have to agree. I wish they would close the mud pit. To be honest the entire forum structure could use an overhaul.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: Dfairlite

Surely enough these immigrants will end up in Canada (for free and paid for by airhead Trudeau) and then will somehow cross the border when they want to commit terror in US.

Or maybe they will just go to work for Canada's growing tech sector and compete with US Companies?

Canada Wants Silicon Valley’s Tech Employees

Immigration fears in countries such as the U.S. and U.K. might create huge opportunities for economic growth elsewhere—and Toronto is taking note

www.theatlantic.com...

But who cares, we don't need brown people, we will rule the world with Coal!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Surely enough these immigrants will end up in Canada (for free and paid for by airhead Trudeau) and then will somehow cross the border when they want to commit terror in US.

Or maybe they will just go to work for Canada's growing tech sector and compete with US Companies?

Canada Wants Silicon Valley’s Tech Employees

Immigration fears in countries such as the U.S. and U.K. might create huge opportunities for economic growth elsewhere—and Toronto is taking note

www.theatlantic.com...

But who cares, we don't need brown people, we will rule the world with Coal!!

Or maybe it attracts them by having a 15% corporate tax rate that's a "giveaway to the rich".

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

thats because idiot judges have blocked him by trying to legislate from bench.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

the reason trump wants this ban is because voters demanded it. one of hillary's favorite points was how we needed to bring all these poor refugees here from syria like merkel was doing in europe.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
It was really only a matter of time before this happened..

I really don't know why the left wants to speed up immigration...wait a second yes I do. VOTES!!

Your traditional European whites have these annoying ideas about democracy, accountability of people in public office, freedom, right to bear arms and a desire to be listened to.

Meanwhile, those refugees from South America or Africa really just want somewhere safe to live. As long as they get
free benefits, they don't care about bans on weapons or political freedoms.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Meanwhile, those refugees from South America or Africa really just want somewhere safe to live. As long as they get free benefits, they don't care about bans on weapons or political freedoms.

I know from first hand experience that is quite true. By the same token, all they've ever known is broken government, lawlessness and high crime rates. "Laws" mean nothing to them; you could ban fire arm ownership and they'd still have AK-47's in their closets. Their default defense mechanism is the "Gang" of their tribe. Government, Law Enforcement is simply something to be avoided.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thanks. Is there any particular reason why SCOTUS would want to wait for lower courts to rule rather than just decide the issue themselves? As in a legal reason, or something like just giving those courts a chance to finish their particular cases or something else?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Well, another bad day for our resident lefties who want unfettered immigration from terrorist hotbeds with non-functioning governments (do they really believe that's a great plan?). The supreme court has decided that the Trump travel ban, previously TRO's by the same judge in hawaii who got slapped down earlier this year, can fully go into effect.

From the AP:

BREAKING: Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban affecting residents of six mostly Muslim countries.

7-2 decision. Only RBG and Sotomayor dissent.

Link to CNBC with more info Courtesy of Ketsuko

Except the real problem is that he didn't ban people from coming from Saudi Arabia. like the 9/11 and San Bernadino Terrorists to name just two major incidents. Why is that?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Rules of the SCOTUS, Part III, Rule 11

Rule 11. Certiorari to a United States Court of Appeals before Judgment
    A petition for a writ of certiorari to review a case pending in a United States court of appeals, before judgment is entered in that court, will be granted only upon a showing that the case is of such imperative public importance as to justify deviation from normal appellate practice and to require immediate determination in this Court. See 28 U. S. C. § 2101(e).

This case really does not demonstrate such importance, IMO, and apparently in the opinion of the SCOTUS. Basically, they don't want to deviate from the norm, which consists of going from bottom to the top of the appellate courts without skipping any levels.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ahhh okay I got ya. Just keeping things as normally done then. I get it.

What's your take on any potential "sign" to the lower courts after the ruling by SCOTUS? I don't think the courts in question will particularly care what SCOTUS ruled. Wondering your take on that idea?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, as far as hoping that our judicial system works properly, they shouldn't take the SCOTUS ruling in the OP into any account concerning ruling on what they will be considering this week (apparently). I would hope that lower-court judges could care less as to what SCOTUS implies that they will do with a case.

If all lower courts let comments from SCOTUS, or POTUS, or any OTHERUS sway them in their rulings, they wouldn't be doing their job.

That said, I bet that this recent ruling has been discussed in the 9th and 4th circuit courts, but I don't think that it will sway how the judges rule because it wasn't a ruling on the issues being presented before them, it only addressed the stay on the travel ban.

But I'm no federal judge, so who the hell knows what they discuss when they're back in their chambers.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

so who the hell knows what they discuss when they're back in their chambers.

Probably Masonic plots, if we're being honest amirite?

Thanks for the input, sir. Always appreciated

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nah, they've moved on to Illuminati conspiracies and Deep-State shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I still don't get why anyone would be against being more careful about these areas that breed badness.

Because it was Trump who wanted to do it. If it was Obama there would have been nothing to see....

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's only temporary though for an assessment period while the vetting procedures are audited and tightened, right?

While it's in place would be the time to complete the take down of ISIS in Iraq and Syria, while encircling them so that their fighters don't slip through.

It's time to bring that war to an end, and move on to better things.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah, weren't all the libtards going to move there once Trump won, but never left!? I'll pay their airfare to leave. Funny thing though, Canada has immigration rules identical to what Trump is proposing. LOL!

Yea.. hilarious. In fact, this year.. they rolled out a new immigration plan to allow more immigrants (perhaps as much as 320,000) this year alone than in many years past... hahaha that's so funny! Oh wait.. no it isn't. You didn't actually research that, did you.

They, like many countries, aim for more skilled immigrants. I'm perfectly ok with that. Many countries have laws in place that pull in immigrants with needed skills. Vetting is different than "omg shut down the borders we are in terrible danger!" Which is essentially what Trump is suggesting.

Fine for kanucks coz no one gives a crap about wanting to blow them up or run them over with a snowmobile.

They are on no one's list for eradication. Kinda sad and suspicious at the same time.

Right must confusing until you consider Canadians are not projecting their military force across the globe in an attempt to be the world police ,but you knew that already... Right?

I guess you don't know your Canadian history as well as you might think

www.thestar.com...

Canada in the Gulf war mean anything?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
I believe Trumps days are now numbered... Revealing these secrets could see not only Trump fall, but UK government ministers too I believe it constitutes as direct interference by a foreign power...

Yea 3 more years if he doesn't run a second time... You betcha, they are numbered all right.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join