It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government gives back land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is something that just baffles me. President Trump went to Salt Lake City, Utah today. To keep a promise to the people that live there. He returned 3.25 million acres of land from 2 monument state parks to the control of the state. Which is a good thing. However, there where protestors such as our typical Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. They said "will now be put at risk of desecration and looting". Some others even Indian tribes where complaining. This is the first time that land has been returned to the state. People are protesting about a good thing. It just baffles my mind.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can't please everybody.

People just like to b*tch and moan to b*tch and moan.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

No matter what...no good deed ever goes unpunished.

There will always be people moaning and crying about something....anything!
And probably will be for as long as there are things to moan and cry about lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I suppose it's what the state does with the land and how it would would effect it's use. Both the feds and states abuse land rights regularly.

Some people believe in preserving open spaces in nature that are protected. The feds and states have also used that philosophy against its people, particularly in the west with old less than official grazing rights and such.

Property will always have argument and protest. I lived in a town the state sold off a park and hunters were pissed. People don't like change in their back yard.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The lands were protected for a reason! This is NOT A GOOD THING. SMH. Are Trump cultists that dense? He did this so that they can frack and mine. We're not fooled. This will never make it out of the courts before Trump is voted out in 2020. He digs his grave a little deeper everyday.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good ideas always encounter great opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

edit on 4-12-2017 by gimcrackery because: clicked by mistake

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't understand what's going on here. The land was taken from the federal government and given to the state government, correct? What will be the potential consequences of this? Is this land now suddenly open to fracking or something since the federal government no longer controls it?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was thrilled when I saw this move by Trump.

As far as people complaining about a good thing...there are a bunch of brainwashed liberals who see anything Obama did as 'good' and anything Trump does as 'bad'.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

The lands were protected for a reason! This is NOT A GOOD THING. SMH. Are Trump cultists that dense? He did this so that they can frack and mine. We're not fooled. This will never make it out of the courts before Trump is voted out in 2020. He digs his grave a little deeper everyday.

The state of Utah can now protect and use THEIR natural resources as they see fit. Federal Government is the enemy of the people and anything that can be done to remove their hold over us is a good thing for humanity.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Obviously they needed the Federal Government to "protect" it, because the State of Utah are a bunch of backwoods morons who are unable and unwilling to provide for land management on their own.

I bet they pave over the whole thing before the end of the week. Then erect a polar bear slaughterhouse right next to a brand new strip mine.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well its very possible say people who were using the land to hunt, hike, graze etc may see the public lands change to private.

What if some over spending governor needs to sell of the land to pay his gambling bills?

This is a not a definite win for the people by any means. Until it actually becomes a win for the people. The ponzI scheme is probably just a way for the state government to profit off public use lands.
edit on 4-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well its very possible say people who were using the land to hunt, hike, graze etc may see the public lands change to private.

What if some over spending governor needs to sell of the land to pay his gambling bills?

This is a not a definite win for the people by any means. Until it actually becomes a win for the people. The ponzI scheme is probably just a way for the state government to profit off public use lands.

So you are assuming the Federal Government isn't corrupt?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
States rights, isn't that a thing?

A state can determine to be a sanctuary state but when the federal government decides to leave the determination to the state, people lose their #.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No I am saying it will most likely allow the state to sell public use land which can upset the locals.

Sometimes it's rational sometimes it's radical lefties but believe it or not some folks fear their hunting and grazing permits changing or leaving all together. This also happens with the federal government.

My point is the states often hand public land over to the private sector in these kind of things where big tracks of land are trading hands.

It's not just radical lefties. It's also folks who hike, fish, hunt, have cattle sometimes as well.

And often foreign governments come in and buy the land like say Idaho where the Chinese enjoy large economic zones.
edit on 4-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I bet they pave over the whole thing before the end of the week. Then erect a polar bear slaughterhouse right next to a brand new strip mine.

A Walmart and a Starbucks would be pretty awesome too.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Only if the new Starbucks is close enough that the workers at the new fracking facility can make it to on their lunch breaks.
Oh and the employees at the nuclear waste dump.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Two words.

Nudie bar!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This land was taken by the U.S government, When Obama was president, as a large land grab. The property Bears Monument and Grand Staircase Escalante Monument. There will be no fracking because it is owned by the state as a park. Why does the U.S government need 3.2 million acres?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The town I grew up in sold part of a state park it certainly happens. On both the federal and state level.

This is neither a good or a bad thing until you see what happens to the land and it's users. If there are reserves of resources underneath anything can happen. Especially as states find new ways to get revenaue if the tax cuts effect the state tax payers or budget.

In theory this is a good thing. In practice for the public use land it can be a time when the trading of land ownerships brings up lucrative deals for state and local politicians and doesn't go to the taxpayers or the budget but it personal bank accounts.

top topics

join