It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I completely believe NFL is rigging outcomes..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

My dad quit watching them years ago because he says they are rigged. Said that it used to be the real deal and now it is choreographed. The only games he'll watch is college football. I've never heard anyone mention that before. But I don't watch sports (or TV for that matter) so I never knew what he was talking about.

Thanks,
blend

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Things is that soccer causes just as many head injuries. That's the dirty little secret no one talks about.

Well, so far the rest of the world hasn't gotten caught up in the brain damage outrage, or maybe clearly state that they don't care if their players end up drooling into a cup. But here in the US, we like our outrage straight up and absolutely love to file expensive lawsuits. So maybe we're going to be ahead of the curve here.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: essentialtremors

U still mad bro?

You know because I didn't immediately hop right on board the Sooner hype train and declare that they were going to destroy Alabama?

Sheesh, I still think it may be more of a game then you seem to think.

Not at all. I actually wouldn't have known what team you were talking about ifn I wasn't a Wildcat fan myself.

With that in mind, I'm still going for OU for the title (that felt icky to type).

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mousse7714
Each team is it's own private franchise. They do what's best to create the outcome they desire. The NFL is not a league. It is a business venture. That's all

Actually, the N F L is listed on their tax returns as an entertainment venue and not as a competitive sports league. This way they are not subject to any RICO regulations and can "fix" any situation to suit their owners and participants desires.

This has been known for years but never discussed in away their fans can tell the difference.

Much like another "sport", the fix is in from the get-go.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I’ve believed this for years now.

I also don’t think it’s just happening in the nfl. Always found it interesting in certain play offs or series that a team can be up in wins, only for the other team to miraculously come back to extend said playoff to maximize the number of games.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

I’ve believed this for years now.

I also don’t think it’s just happening in the nfl. Always found it interesting in certain play offs or series that a team can be up in wins, only for the other team to miraculously come back to extend said playoff to maximize the number of games.

Yea I always found the World Series to be a little funky in that respect. And then a friend more knowledgeable in baseball explained that its more because of their line-up. A good manger knows how to order their line-up for maximum effect. At least thats my understanding.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Bad ref's?? You ought to be a Lions fan. All marketing has that Wisconsin team dressed in John Deer colors. I haven't watched a full game this year I refuse to.

But they managed to knock the Silverdome down today!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The National Basketball Association (NBA) is really guilty of this same "rigging" via the referees.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If there is a team with Purple in the Super Bowl I will totally believe this!

I will explain after the playoffs...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
Yea I always found the World Series to be a little funky in that respect. And then a friend more knowledgeable in baseball explained that its more because of their line-up. A good manger knows how to order their line-up for maximum effect. At least thats my understanding.

I suppose it might also be the case that when a team gets behind a couple of games they actually start to try harder and play better baseball. Maybe.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
With the number of girls wanting to play football and the extensive medical knowledge we have now, it's only a matter of time before they regulate it until it's unrecognizable, on the premise it'll prevent injuries. This might not be apparent to young people, but it'll be more apparent to older ones.

I don't think the rigging is for all to see. These're entertainment businesses. Same applies to the NBA. I think there's some competition, but when it matters they load the dice. It's subtle things, not obnoxious--like telling the ref to give the call to X team. They can do this in the draft, they can do it in the game rules, they can do it with how refs ref, they can do it in scheduling, they can do it in financial opportunities, they can do it in obscure business rules--they have a lot of options.

I still like to watch the games, but ya remember it's entertainment...
edit on 12/6/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am not a fan and rarely watch any sports. I have thought the NFL was rigged every since the Patriots won the Superbowl in the 2001 season. Seemed too symbolic to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I still like to watch the games, but ya remember it's entertainment...

An incredible number of people still love professional wrestling.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crunchypeople
I am not a fan and rarely watch any sports. I have thought the NFL was rigged every since the Patriots won the Superbowl in the 2001 season. Seemed too symbolic to me.

Some people say the 2002 western conference series between the 2-time defending championship Lakers and Sacremento Kings was rigged. But I think a lot of games have been like that with questionable calls. For me, the 2013-14 finals match between Miami and San Antonio wasn't rigged but it was lopsided. The calls--or lack of--favored the Heat at key times--like game 6. I think it belonged to the Spurs, but that's just my opinion.

edit on 12/6/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All pro sports are fixed...worldwide. In fact, anything on TV is meant only to reel in your mind, money and prana. Viewers are nothing more than a commodity. I love baseball and I am so freaking pissed off!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Replay has to be conclusive to overturn

Of course, replay can't overturn penalties. That seems to be where the biggest opportunity to change game outcomes lies.

Calling a pass interference on a long pass that puts the ball on the one yard line... I've seen that change a lot of games and the refs can only base their decision on a split-second, recent memory. Not that I want to see more replays, but that scenario seems more important than whether a 5-yard pass was completed or dropped.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

"Of course, replay can't overturn penalties."

That would be a slippery slope. Can you imagine a booth full of refs slow-motion checking every play and player, hair splitting every hold?
Football has been going the way of professional wrestling with it show boating, taking a knee, shoe causes, and
song and dance victory celebrations. What's next? helmet mikes to catch all the trash talking?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

I don't see why a coach couldn't use one of their challenge flags on a penalty. Especially if it's a game-changer.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I totally agree.

I've heard rumors that UFC asks fighters to keep it off the ground for good striking matches or to take the fight down for good jiu jitsu, but let's just say it's a rumor.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
You guys still watch that garbage? College is where real football is played!!

I agree. The quality of the game is much higher in the college ranks. That could be because the players aren't millionaires (yet) and are playing to someday get to the NFL. However, I worry about the players as some of them get so seriously beat up that it can't be healthy in the long run.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join