It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Illness is a MYTH : Witchcraft and Power Politics in Medicine

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This pure laziness on your part and proof you have not thoroughly researched your OP. There is literally a scholarly journal called Psychosis

You kind of just turned your entire OP into a joke.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: dashen

Interested in your opinion of this.
I have a tenant who is an older Indian man who's a Christian. He is convinced his upstairs and downstairs neighbors are witches and satanists. He combats them by Smashing brooms and other things into his ceiling and floor to distract their Satanic rituals. He also plays Christian music at the highest volume day and night to protect him from their witchcraft and other dark practices.
His neighbors just wonder why he won't let them sleep day or night.
Is this old man misunderstood or in need of psychological help?

. He is just plain wrong and believes in fiction.

Interesting.
Very interesting.
How would you know if you were plain wrong and just believing in fiction?

Also if you can verify something it's good to set up an investigation to see what you might find. Often times though this isn't available so you have to do it the hard way and focus on principles and other underlying matters to test your hypothesis or emerging theory and see if it is a more likely scenario than alternative possibilities.
edit on 12/5/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What does having a mental disorder have to do with being a madman? The issue here is you are projecting.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

This pure laziness on your part and proof you have not thoroughly researched your OP. There is literally a scholarly journal called Psychosis

You kind of just turned your entire OP into a joke.

I didn't say Psychosis (a publication) doesn't exist.

Are you saying that because a book called The Bible exists, everything it claims must be absolute truth?
Hahahha, you are the one joking here.
edit on 12/5/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What does having a mental disorder have to do with being a madman? The issue here is you are projecting.

Ad hominem.

Is that all you got?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Apples and Oranges. You can actually go and read the peer reviewed papers in Psychosis and "eviscerate" them. Go for it. You can see their data as well as their methodology. Pick one, any one, and "eviscerate" it.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You really don't know what an ad hominem is...you should look up the definition. You obviously have access to a thesaurus as you continue to use words out of place, I would suggest a dictionary as well. I am attacking your position, not you. I believe your position is one of projecting. It sounds like people have either called you crazy (It's happened here a lot), or tried to prove you are crazy (hence all the tests you admit to constantly), and this is your rebuttal. That's an observation, not an attack, and totally within the realm of your OP.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Apples and Oranges. You can actually go and read the peer reviewed papers in Psychosis and "eviscerate" them. Go for it. You can see their data as well as their methodology. Pick one, any one, and "eviscerate" it.

Their data and methodology doesn't disprove my claim that the current concept of "mental illness" is a myth.

It's you who isn't even understanding the basic premise of this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You really don't know what an ad hominem is...you should look up the definition. You obviously have access to a thesaurus as you continue to use words out of place, I would suggest a dictionary as well. I am attacking your position, not you. I believe your position is one of projecting. It sounds like people have either called you crazy (It's happened here a lot), or tried to prove you are crazy (hence all the tests you admit to constantly), and this is your rebuttal. That's an observation, not an attack, and totally within the realm of your OP.

I haven't used any words out of place.

You make tons of personal attacks, accusations, set up straw men arguments, etc - but never provide substance.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You really don't know what an ad hominem is...you should look up the definition.

Ad hominem is when I claim something like "1+1 = 2"
and you respond

"what about that thread you wrote last time?
what about your mental health records?
you're projecting"

Those are ad hominems.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes it does. Again, pick a paper and "eviscerate" it. Show me how they are wrong and it is a myth.

Sufficient Explanations, Conceptual Rational(e), Moral Argumentation, and and and and and. You started off your entire thread with misused, out of place words and run on sentences. It's obvious you are either using a thesaurus or being over wordy on purpose.

People called you crazy in that thread. It directly ties to your OP. Surely you see that.
edit on 5-12-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Apples and Oranges.

They are both fruits.
They grow on trees.
They bear seeds.
They contain a lot of vitamin C.
They are leading exports.
They weigh roughly the same.
They are roughly the same size.
They are nutritious and healthy.

Oh wait, you were implying there's no comparison between them?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My claim was "Schizophrenia does not exist at all beyond it's indefinite abstraction as an ambiguous label, therefore it is a myth".

The science does not back this up. The consensus is that the exact cause of schizophrenia is unknown however it is regarded as being a real illness with physical and psychological symptoms and its is being recognised as a brain disease, there is zero science that supports your claim that it is a myth

Link 1.
Link 2
Link 3
link 4
link 5

In fact you know what I could go linking to various sources all day.

The burden of proof is on you.

Prove that mental illness is a myth, if you can't then admit that it is only your opinion that it is a myth.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ive been in a myriad of psych wards for my situation. I always knew it was not my own mind creating but interacting with a tech source. They didnt care about that idea and eventually broke my neck through misdrugging. Tardive dysconesia leading to dystonic condition. So i agree. But ive seen suicidal people. The only way they could be saved from themselves is to hold and watch them. Same with a drugged up person. But yes corrupt psychiatry is out there.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And unfortunately exactly what you feared has played out with several posters, including a recent one. It's obviously a myth, throw those meds out the window...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Your sources are not valid evidence Schizophrenia exists. A few websites explaining "symptoms" isn't proof of much anything, and especially a Daily Mail article is definitely not a good source.

Here is some much more valid information for you to digest - it is far more reliable and it is from within the psych community.

Although I do not agree with many parts of these documents, I do agree with their primary claim - that Schizophrenia does not exist.

Schizophrenia is a Misdiagnosis : Implications for the DSM-5 and the ICD-11

Schizophrenia does not exist, argues experts

Schizophrenia Doesn't Exist?!

Schizophrenia is not an illness

Prominent Psychiatrists Claim that Schizophrenia is not a real disease

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Here I'll blow your mind -

Not only is homosexuality not a mental illness - but there is no such thing as homosexuality.

There is just "sexuality".

Putting labels on people and convincing them to identify with those labels is irrational and essentially politics mixed with social engineering.

Homosexuality doesn't even exist as a mental condition.

Having a mental illness isn't the same as labeling the person. You don't label someone OCD. You diagnose it and then give the person treatments and/or drugs to help manage it on a day-to-day basis, but unlike physical ailments they don't go away after time. You just learn to cope with them better over time, or you don't and your physical health and family relationships deteriorate rapidly.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And unfortunately exactly what you feared has played out with several posters, including a recent one. It's obviously a myth, throw those meds out the window...

Not all meds are bad, for example antibiotics are amazing and excellent in most cases. Life saving, well worth the detrimental side effects.

I understand that you folks live in constant fear and think it's up to you to forcibly control everyone else, but eventually you're going to have to face reality and stop living in fear.

I am very concerned that you are suffering from a powerful case of Alethephobia, Epistemophobia or Gnosiophobia.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Prove what you say. A number of mental health conditions are an imbalance in chemicals. Just as several other diseases are.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Neighbour. You are pushing an image of what a scientist is on others. The media got to you. Run along.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join