It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Pundit - Mueller Yanks Comey’s Immunity Deal; Falling Out Between Former FBI Bosses Puts Come

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah and I stated Sanders said Trump waived EP in relation to Comey so he could testify to Congress, making it a moot point, which is in my last post to you.

My overall point was an inferior individual in the executive branch cannot decide on his own if the president invoked or waived EP. The President has to make that determination. Since Trump waived it for Comey one can conclude that even though he is a civilian now, because it dealt with issues while he was the FBI director, the same criteria applies. He had to have it waived in order to testify to Congress.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Xcathdra

All memos he created were done so while he was the Director of the FBI and NOT after he left.

Does that include the memo he gave to his friend?

Remember, the friend had to hand over that specific memo to the FBi that was separate from the rest.

When was that memo created?

My understanding is the memo he turned over to his friend was one of the 7 memos he created while FBI director. If I am not mistaken comey had to return all 7 memos to Mueller, including the one provided to his friend for media release.

Well, was it or was it not part of the memos referenced and when was it created?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

All memos he created were done so while he was the Director of the FBI and NOT after he left.

Does that include the memo he gave to his friend?

Remember, the friend had to hand over that specific memo to the FBi that was separate from the rest.

When was that memo created?

My understanding is the memo he turned over to his friend was one of the 7 memos he created while FBI director. If I am not mistaken comey had to return all 7 memos to Mueller, including the one provided to his friend for media release.

Well, was it or was it not part of the memos referenced and when was it created?

Yes - it was one of 7 memos Comey created as FBI director that he illegally took with him under the mistaken impression he owned them and not the FBI, then violated the law again by releasing that memo to the media thru his friend, who had to return the memo to Comey, who then turned them all over to Mueller.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

And my overall point is that Trump waived any claim to EP when he referenced the conversations and Tweeted about them.

Comey is an attorney. Any attorney that can find his ass with one hand would know that one person talking about a supposedly confidential conversation takes away that person's right to silence anybody else from talking about it.

ETA - just for the sake of clarity: Sanders didn't say that Trump had waived EP. She stated that Trump had decided to not invoke it.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes - it was one of 7 memos Comey created as FBI director that he illegally took with him under the mistaken impression he owned them and not the FBI, then violated the law again by releasing that memo to the media thru his friend

Source, please.

The source you have been using does not have a source itself.

who had to return the memo to Comey, who then turned them all over to Mueller.

I believe the friend handed the memo over directly to the FBI.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Richard Nixon was also an attorney so I dont grant your premise.

Yes - Trump waived it, which means Comey nor anyone else in the EB can decide upon themselves if he did or he did not. It cant just be assumed he waived it just because he never invoked it. It is a decision the President must make and clearly explain as to his intention.

While Trump tweeted about some of the issues there is no legal precedent established to take that as officially waiving EP and that has been noted by several people in the legal realm.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Comey associate says he turned over memos to the FBI

A friend of James Comey says he has turned over copies of the former FBI director's explosive memos — describing murky encounters with President Donald Trump — to the FBI, sidestepping a request by congressional committees to deliver the materials to Capitol Hill.

Daniel Richman, a Columbia University law professor who Comey identified last week as the go-between who helped disseminate the content of his memos to the press last month, said he is turning the materials over to the FBI, which is conducting a wide-ranging investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential elections.

That probe, overseen by special counsel Robert Mueller, includes an investigation into whether any associates of the president colluded with Russians last year — and whether Trump might have obstructed justice when he fired Comey amid the FBI investigation. Comey's memos may be crucial evidence in that aspect of the probe.

Richman's decision comes as several congressional committees have asked for copies of Comey's memos. Comey himself said he turned over his copies to Mueller, but he said he'd be comfortable if Mueller or Richman shared them with Congress.

So far, the memos have been requested by the House and Senate intelligence committees, the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Oversight Committee

Looks like he had more than just one memo...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes - Trump waived it

Nope, he chose not to invoke it. Again, it has to be invoked.

While Trump tweeted about some of the issues there is no legal precedent established to take that as officially waiving EP and that has been noted by several people in the legal realm.

And it's also been noted by several people in the legal realm that Trump likely lost any claim to EP thanks to his own comments about the conversations, and had he attempted to invoke EP probably would've lost in court over it. It's also been noted by many in the legal realm that because Comey was no longer Director at the time of his testimony, EP likely wouldn't have worked to stop him from testifying.

EP could have likely been applied to the memos if Comey had said he was going to release them while still Director. The FBI policy on internal documents should have been applied to the documents when he left the directorship.

Neither of those could have been used to stop him from testifying.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

A friend of James Comey says he has turned over copies of the former FBI director's explosive memos — describing murky encounters with President Donald Trump — to the FBI, sidestepping a request by congressional committees to deliver the materials to Capitol Hill.

Daniel Richman, a Columbia University law professor who Comey identified last week as the go-between who helped disseminate the content of his memos to the press last month, said he is turning the materials over to the FBI, which is conducting a wide-ranging investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential elections.

That probe, overseen by special counsel Robert Mueller, includes an investigation into whether any associates of the president colluded with Russians last year — and whether Trump might have obstructed justice when he fired Comey amid the FBI investigation. Comey's memos may be crucial evidence in that aspect of the probe.

Richman's decision comes as several congressional committees have asked for copies of Comey's memos. Comey himself said he turned over his copies to Mueller, but he said he'd be comfortable if Mueller or Richman shared them with Congress.

So far, the memos have been requested by the House and Senate intelligence committees, the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Oversight Committee

What do we know for sure?

"Looks like" and lack of sources means nothing when people are saying laws were clearly broken.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Nope, he chose not to invoke it. Again, it has to be invoked.

6 of 1 half dozen of the other.

Fact being Comey could not testify until that decision was made.

And it's also been noted by several people in the legal realm that Trump likely lost any claim to EP thanks to his own comments about the conversations, and had he attempted to invoke EP probably would've lost in court over it. It's also been noted by many in the legal realm that because Comey was no longer Director at the time of his testimony, EP likely wouldn't have worked to stop him from testifying.

EP could have likely been applied to the memos if Comey had said he was going to release them while still Director. The FBI policy on internal documents should have been applied to the documents when he left the directorship.

Neither of those could have been used to stop him from testifying.

Actually Trump could have invoked EP to stop Comey. While we can cite opinions of legal scholars on both sides in the end it would be the courts that would have to decide and to establish a precedent for it since twitter is a new medium in this realm.

Also to clear another point up -
Executive privilege can apply to private citizens who formally worked for the executive branch however the courts would be dragged into it to set a precedence.
Executive privilege and private citizens who were formally members of the EB.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

What do we know for sure?

"Looks like" and lack of sources means nothing when people are saying laws were clearly broken.

ok, since you apparently dont bother to read the source material. The friend of Comey had more than just one memo provided to him by former FBI director Comey. He then turned those multiple memos over to Mueller.

As for laws being broke that is also up to a prosecutor to decide.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ok, since you apparently dont bother to read the source material.

I did read the material.

They have no source and do not make any claim towards the specific questions I have asked you.

The friend of Comey had more than just one memo provided to him by former FBI director Comey. He then turned those multiple memos over to Mueller.

Your source does not make that claim. They said "memos" and "copies of memos". It is not specific.

Also, I know he turned them over to the FBI, and not over to Comey as you stated.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The source is the friend of Comey.

Daniel Richman, a Columbia University law professor who Comey identified last week as the go-between who helped disseminate the content of his memos to the press last month, said he is turning the materials ov

Since he is the one who turned over Comeys memo to the media outlet and then turned over the remaining memos to the FBI / Mueller what other memos is he talking about?

Thus far i have not seen anything provided by you showing they are memos completely different and separate from what Comey talked about.

Please cite your source where it talks about different memos unrelated to Comey that his friend leaked to the media.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Actually Trump could have invoked EP to stop Comey. While we can cite opinions of legal scholars on both sides in the end it would be the courts that would have to decide and to establish a precedent for it since twitter is a new medium in this realm.

Trump talked about their conversations during interviews. Twitter wasn't the only place he talked about them. Hence the giant hole in his theoretical claim to EP. And yes, Trump could have invoked EP. Which is why I said

had he attempted to invoke EP probably would've lost in court over it.

Also to clear another point up - Executive privilege can apply to private citizens who formally worked for the executive branch however the courts would be dragged into it to set a precedence.

I know. Though, in this instance, it likely would've failed. Which is the point I've made repeatedly.

I'm glad we were finally able to come to some sort of general agreement about it. I assume we agree on at least some points since you've repeated back to me the same things I've just said. That being said, this has turned into the definition of getting lost in the weeds so I'm done with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

...and yes, Trump could have invoked EP. Which is why I said "had he attempted to invoke EP probably would've lost in court over it."

Lost in court being the optimal and important phrase...

I know. Though, in this instance, it likely would've failed. Which is the point I've made repeatedly.

I'm glad we were finally able to come to some sort of general agreement about it. I assume we agree on at least some points since you've repeated back to me the same things I've just said. That being said, this has turned into the definition of getting lost in the weeds so I'm done with it.

likely would have failed is a possibility but not a forgone conclusion. As for getting lost in the woods not really since we both have a differing view on the topic and the legal ramifications involved.

Nothing is an absolute on this topic and the courts would need to review it and rule on it.

but whatever works I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sara A. Carter‏Verified account @SaraCarterDC
2h2 hours ago

Sara A. Carter Retweeted CNN Politics

A source familiar with FBI supervisory agent Peter Stzrok's involvement in the #HillaryClinton server investigation confirmed CNN's report to me that he changed 'grossly negligent' to 'extremely careless' It's one layer at a time -coupled with @FoxNews report on IG investigation

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

He covered his ass and he committed no crimes

Seems a bit dizzy to commit no crimes, but cover behind just in case?

Underhanded isn't it?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Not really. The FBI tells its people to write everything down. It’s a culture in that organization.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Put Come............YAWN.......

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a reply to: loveguy

Not really. The FBI tells its people to write everything down. It’s a culture in that organization.

Good to know.. Where are the interview notes from Clintons interview?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join