It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60% of woman cheat on their significant other

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As a teen, I admit to having one or two relationships overlap.

But once i committed myself to my husband I cannot ever cheat on him, sure I am attracted to other people and will have that occassional daydream about me doing the nasty with TheRock
but that's plainly superficial, and not something I would really want or act on, or ever sacrifice what I have with my husband for.

If I were to ever develop such deep love for another person, he would clearly know before anything ever happened. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, actually I wear them all over the damn place, you can't miss how I feel and if I am unhappy or being coniving or happy or whatever, if you're with me, you'll know it.

Now my husband on the other cheated on me before we got engaged, but I forgave him and I am glad I did. It all depends on the situation and circumstance as to why people cheat and when they should be forgiven. I don't want to embarrass my husband by discussing this further, but after long thought and a few tough months I saw the situation from his side, his perspective, put myself in his place and realized I could move on. (you can ask personally if you really want to know in which situation I thought it was right to forgive in)

Now don't get me wrong, it came back to haunt us on occassion and I held a grudge for a while, but as time wore on and I saw and felt his committment, his intent and his love, I knew we were meant to be. Once we had kids, our pasts stayed in the past and future is only as a couple and family.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The number is much higher than 60%. EVERY woman will cheat under the right conditions. PERIOD. The number is closer to 90% of "already" cheated. Put me in a room with 10 women and I'll get 9 phone numbers. From that point on it's just a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The number is much higher than 60%. EVERY woman will cheat under the right conditions. PERIOD. The number is closer to 90% of "already" cheated. Put me in a room with 10 women and I'll get 9 phone numbers. From that point on it's just a matter of time.

Well, aren't you just the most arrogant jock-twit. Obviously, you choose your rooms very well.

[kiss]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Well, aren't you just the most arrogant jock-twit. Obviously, you choose your rooms very well.

[kiss]

Anytime, anywhere, any club, Any church, if there are women there I'll get thier number. No brag just FACT. 34 years of heartbreaking history...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

[kiss]

Anytime, anywhere, any club, Any church, if there are women there I'll get thier number. No brag just FACT. 34 years of heartbreaking history...

ROFLMAO

What would I do without you to make me laugh?

[edit on 15-2-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
BTW - I do NOT believe you are only 34. Are you trolling for phone numbers? Watta sleeze. No wonder your stats are so good. You don't quit!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Anytime, anywhere, any club, Any church, if there are women there I'll get thier number. No brag just FACT.

ahhh, not me....sorry to burst your bubble. I am aware however that I am in a small minority. I've seen it with my own eyes.
So...your super hot hu?
I am single right now, but your background would eliminate you as a 'possible' for me........very few 'possibles' exist for me in my view anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Go Horacid, you the man! don't hate the playa guys, hate the game

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No wonder, the avarage american man is a dodo!

If i where a american woman i would go to europe.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

hahah ,you and ur big ego.

that must be 10 blind women in the room!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
A couple of facts to ponder:

Divorce rates have actually been falling since the late 1970s/early 1980s. While it's still nowhere near the rates of the 1950s, you have to realise things were very different back then. It was nearly impossible for the average housewife to support herself. There wasn't the job market, opportunities, etc. Nor was there the support socially. To be a divcored woman held a lot of negative connotation. Divorcee was a 'naughty' word.

1950, 0.26%
1955, 0.23%
1957, 0.22%
1960, 0.22%
1965, 0.25%
1970, 0.35%
1971, 0.37%
1972, 0.40%
1973, 0.43%
1974, 0.46%
1975, 0.48%
1976, 0.50%
1977, 0.50%
1978, 0.51%
1979, 0.53%
1980, 0.52%
1981, 0.53%
1982, 0.51%
1983, 0.50%
1984, 0.50%
1985, 0.50%
1986, 0.49%
1987, 0.48%
1988, 0.48%
1989, 0.47%
1990, 0.47%
1991, 0.47%
1992, 0.48%
1993, 0.46%
1994, 0.46%
1995, 0.46%
1995, 0.43%
1997, 0.43%
1998, 0.42%
1999, 0.41%
2000, 0.41%
2001, 0.40%

However, statistics are hard to come by on Adultery or cheating. Has there ever been a comprehensive study done? I looked around online and found varying numbers, but nothing I would consider hard facts.

I think this subject falls into the same sort of thing as the myth of how dangerous things are compared to the 'good old days', when statistics on violent crime show an all time low.

emancipation goes handn in hand with politics,,,,,

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Horacid, I don't doubt that you do get phone numbers, but I guess I think equally highly of myself. I don't care if the best looking nicest man on earth asked for my phone number, I would tell him to ask my husband for it if he wanted it.

I have been hit on MANY times and NEVER tempted to reciprocate. It may be the company you are keeping. I have more than one friend who feels marriage is as sacred as I. Maybe we are some weird minority.

And NO, I have never cheated. Not even on a boyfriend. I am 35 and it is not like I didn't have more than my fair share of opportunity

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Anytime, anywhere, any club, Any church, if there are women there I'll get thier number. No brag just FACT. 34 years of heartbreaking history

If you are married then you do not need to put yourself in a position where you are alone with another woman long enough to get her phone number. I have a lot of beautiful women in my office, I am not rude to them, but we do not go to lunch alone together or spend time after work together.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm six foot and 180 lbs. while my ex is 5'8" and about 120. I look at my son who is 6'4" and 240lbs and all I can say is...hmmmmmmm......

My husband and I have brown eyes, as do our parents except my Father who has green eyes.

We have 4 daughters. Our oldest daughter has green eyes. Our second daughter has hazel eyes that are more green than brown. Our twins have the brightest blue eyes you will ever see. There are NO blue eyes in our family. None. Nada.

And to make you feel even better ... only ONE of my 4 daughters resembles me. The other three look NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING like me. They look exactly like their father, but there is nothing in them that comes from me. As a matter of fact, they look so much UNLIKE me, that people assume that I either adopted them or that I am their step-mother rather than their natural mother!

I always say that if they hadn't come out of my body I would be convinced that my hubby had an affair. These girls just don't look like something that I had anything to do with. But I carried them all in my tummy and I know they didn't get switched at birth and I couldn't be more proud of being their Mommy, nor more curious to discover what genes they will pass along to their children one day!

Jemison

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV Cheating is unforgivable to me.

Well that is the second time that we agree on something!

It is just plain wrong and most of all it is very selfish.....very.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Anytime, anywhere, any club, Any church, if there are women there I'll get thier number. No brag just FACT.

ahhh, not me....sorry to burst your bubble. I am aware however that I am in a small minority. I've seen it with my own eyes.
So...your super hot hu?
I am single right now, but your background would eliminate you as a 'possible' for me........very few 'possibles' exist for me in my view anyway.

No I'm not super "hot". I don't "ask" for the phone numbers either, most of the time they are just "given" to me. Most women live in a frustrated "romantic fantasy" world. I have the utmost admiration for "real" women with convictions. Those whom are comfortable with themselves. I treat all women with the respect they deserve. Each woman is a gift from God to this world and should be treated as such. Too often they lower themselves into the "muck" of sleazy horn dogs. That "moment" of weakness each of you face. Some handle it well, too many "submit" to their inner lust...............

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
this is an interesting thread............

drH as always you impress with your wit
and your unBELIEVABLE cockiness

i'm 41.............been divorced for 4 1/2yrs...............married YOUNG out of highschool and this fella nailed everything with a heartbeat.......divorced by the 2nd yr of marriage.

the SECOND mr ex angie
had an affair with his female business partner................i bailed after it went on for 7yrs........i stayed in it for the daughter........thought it would be better with 2 parents in the house than one...........i was WRONG.

i never cheated on either of them............had opportunities but passed on them.

after i divorced i went out and about ALOT...........i found that the majority of men that hit on me............were married.........thought since i wasn't i was a "SAFE BET"...............that ALWAYS ticked me off.

anyway...........i guess women are as capable of cheating as a man. the difference would be (IMO)...........that the women that cheated would carry more emotional baggage with them AFTER the fact than a man would.......

i just don't have the stomach for cheating................but that's me. i know what it feels like to have your world fall down on your head.......and its not pleasant..........i always picture myself in the "wife's" shoes..........and just can't do it.

angie

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Angie, you are a rare woman..........................
Hope Mr "right" is close

The point here is both sides are equally guilty..............

me "cockie'? no I'm shy...................

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Angie, you are a rare woman..........................
Hope Mr "right" is close

The point here is both sides are equally guilty..............

me "cockie'? no I'm shy...................

i don't know drH.............i'm not looking any more..........i've filled my life with my family, friends,work, working out..................i'm happy for the most part with my life and with myself...............i'm in a really good spot with my life......and if some fella that's TRULY "worthy" comes along then so be it..........if not....that's cool too. for the time being........i have my significant friend..............for those booty calls

but thanks for the kind thoughts.

SHY......................PU-LEEZZEEEEEEE don't make me spit my coffee on my monitor!!! HEHEHEHEEEE

and YES you are very correct.................men and women both equally carry the burden of GUILT................the also equally carry the burden of making their relationship work...............when either one gets complacent and lets the other partner carry the majority of the burden..........NEVER a good thing!

angie

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No one gets my number! I'm around other men all the time! I front a band, I have band members, I work with men....looks are important. I can honestly say I have never dated a man over looks.....that's for immature silly kids. There has to be something underneath. Same goes for the ridicules idea that some female have about clothes, cars, and other material things. None of that impresses me at all......what impresses me, is strength of character, being a good person, love of animals, kindness. I'm extremely loyal and faithful, I do not believe in cheating, if things are so bad that you need to cheat, leave...No.....no one gets my number.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join