It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60% of woman cheat on their significant other

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Interesting topic - and in the news a lot too. ...The Eugenics front line is trying to prove now that fidelity in women is 'genetic.'

This looks like the counter-argument. ...Wonder if there's a long range plan to sterilize unfaithful women along with poor child-abusers in bad health?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd be very curious to know how the ages of the cheaters range. I wonder if it's pretty much equal across the board or if younger or older people tend to cheat more.

I wonder if cheating is so common these days because our society suggests that its ok to cheat. In general, I don't think our society reinforces parents' teaching of fidelity or descretion very well. And then as adults, we see people cheating on tv and movies all the time and they have no second thoughts about it... so the viewers don't either especially when they don't have the moral fiber or backbone they should be taught when they're young to know right from wrong.

I would never blame the media for not assuming a parental role; I know parents should be doing this while kids are still young and I am sure they are. But maybe sometimes its hard to do it and keep up when kids are being steamrollered with a barage of sexuality in media, fashion, and sometimes even when watching their own parents. I don't know, it's just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think that part of the problem is that you spend more time with people at work that you do with your own family. Most women when the get off work they go shoping pick up the kids, get home cook dinner, clean up and they are tired. The guy works all day comes home and wants to go to sleep by 9pm. Not much time for romance. Couples just grow apart get tired of each other but stay together because of the kids.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So what. 90% of men do. Most of them more than once. I should know. I never bother making relationships whith girls because it just gets boring, vaiety is the spice of life and it like my variety like my spices, hot and often.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
James, what you are doing is very different. You don't have a relationship

When you go in front of everyone and PROMISE to love that person until death, that is just wrong. I promise to love you until I am bored. AT that point, I will just go find spice elsewhere, bring you home diseases and lie.

Cheating is wrong. It is like saying "Lying is ok because I like it"

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've been married all my life
to the same man
and i have to say although i've never "sexually" cheated, i have "emotionally" cheated once or twice. No harm, mainly buddys at work who lent an ear and loved my company. Let me tell you people, When you're married for 25 years to the same man, you sometimes cant help but wonder how much greener the grass is on the other side, and for those days when you dont receive attention at home, it is a welcome thing to have male friends paying attention to you..even if its just a "hello, beautiful"...And you know what? This is good for marriages- It keeps you sane until whatever it is with your spouse blows over...Would i have sex with another man? NO. I love my man too much for that. The beauty of it all is, in the end, you realize that your partner is soooo much better than all the others who pay attention daily to you. I guess this is God's way of opening up your eyes and keeping you in check.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I though this was going to turn into a women bashing thread, and I have seen very childish comments with very nice ones also.

Our society is of a double standard one.

Women lose more when they are caught "cheating" on their spouses that men does.

Many women will have their "affairs" and will keep quiet, and their partners will never find out and will carry the burden with them for life.

When a woman is caught in the act, it becomes sin, she is will become an outcast and she will carry her shame with her, more than enough she will lose her children and her self esteem some families will be supportive or they will ban her from them.

When men are caught in the act and it happens more than with women, they actually get over it, and many just keep going with their lives like nothing ever happened some will get the forgiveness of their spouses or they will divorce life will go on.

That is no so with women.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
So what. 90% of men do. Most of them more than once. I should know. I never bother making relationships whith girls because it just gets boring, vaiety is the spice of life and it like my variety like my spices, hot and often.

Variety is the spice of life...
That sounds like something that came out of a fortune cookie.

Surely as human beings we all have a little more depth than this. Or is the one-liner approach to justifying actions the best that education-by-television can offer us?

I'm sure you spicy tastes will cool as you get older.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by jupiter869]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

"Lying is ok because I like it"

I dont see what is wrong with that. Why live life with the redundant morals of others when it is entirely obvious that self obsession is the new way of the world. The hell with it If I want to opportunistically lie to someone I will, and I will get away with it because I am a good liar.
And besides I never said I was in a position to cheat on anyone since have always been up front about the fact that I am not interested in trivialising my emoitions with an outdated formality (defacto, marriage etc) and therefore limiting the sphere of my potential experience.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And lucky is the woman that runs far far away from someone that believes what you do!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thats just crap. Are all women Identical to you in thought and Opinion? NO. Who are you to say who is lucky and who isnt. Opinions and lifestyles are diverse and transitory meaning that many things ccan work for many people. Most people cheat because they arent with the right partner but thy have commited themselves anyhoy . I am just not the kind of person who will settle for second best in this department.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Most people cheat because they arent with the right partner but thy have commited themselves anyhoy .

thats why we are all working on denying ignorance
to do so would be to rid the world of such pointless sinners!

now if only i could find a girlfriend, then i will be able to see if she cheats on me or not lol

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have noticed things are a lot different today.

Recently I went into a restaurant and two people I know, both married to other people, were holding hands and kissing over the table. They seen me and just waved like it was nothing. They didn't seem the least disturbed that I had seen them.

In the old days the women at least, had the class to be discreet. I am not saying it is worse for women just that back in the day they at least, unlike the men, had the class to hide it....LOL

Its just amazing to me that today the (men and women both) openly cheat.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

Out of about 10 friends of mine they have all cheated on their wives and most of their wives have cheated on them. Marriage should be a 3 year contract. If you don't like it after 3 years just don't renew it.

I think that you are on to something. I don't think that marriage is appropriate for everyone, yet there is so much societal pressure for everyone to pair-up and have babies. I think that we can all agree that not everyone would make a good husband or wife and the thought of some people having kids is terrifying.

Perhaps all this media focus on women cheating is due to the backlash against "Desperate Housewives." This just goes against the "traditional family values" agenda of our President and his friends over at Focus on the Family. I wouldn't doubt that there is some media outreach from the religious community going on to plant some stories about the evils of what happens when women leave the kitchen and get their own AOL account (and I've also noticed a tremendous focus on marriage--commercials for diamond rings, publicized weddings, themes on TV shows...). I have a feeling that Promise Keepers will probably be launching a new advertising campaign soon....

I think that marriage is taken much too lightly, which is why there is so much infidelity and why they fall apart. A marriage is meant to be a commitment that lasts until DEATH and who in their right mind would enter into such a contract without some serious contemplation.. and I think that we can all agree that when you are in love, you are not in your right mind. How can you possibly make a decision about the rest of your life when you are in love in your late teens or early 20's? That's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

One encouraging trend is that people are getting married later in life. Before making a commitment for all eternity, people should travel, live alone, have worked on their career, have had time to have fun and have been "around", and have done everything that they couldn't do if they were married... and before getting married, two people get to know each other in every way. Perhaps the reason why most people who live together wind up not getting married is because they shouldn't. Getting married isn't going to keep you together--it is just going to result in extremely costly legal bills when you break up.

And perhaps the concept of being married until "death do us part" should be optional. I like the idea of a renewable term. People do change. Ten to fifteen years down the road, how do you know that you are still going to want the same things as your partner? Sometimes you can work it out, but sometimes, you can't. When you can't work it out, the mature thing is to part ways, but in many cases infidelity is what makes people realize that something is wrong in the first place.

Having been cheated on by my former husband, it was devastating and it would be an understatement to say that I was angry and hurt when it happened. After time, it became apparent that his infidelity was just a symptom of the problems with our relationship. It was immature for him to act out in that way, but in some ways it turned out to be a good thing. It forced us to deal with the relationship and saved us from years of being miserable together. If we would have had an out clause, it would have saved us the added pain and costs of a divorce.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Its just amazing to me that today the (men and women both) openly cheat.

My father and his girlfriend are swingers, I say that is a perfect example of openly cheating, at least they don't hide it and they can sex all they want with another person in front of one another...

*I found out when a flyer got delivered to his house when they were on vacation*

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

My father and his girlfriend are swingers, I say that is a perfect example of openly cheating, at least they don't hide it and they can sex all they want with another person in front of one another...

*I found out when a flyer got delivered to his house when they were on vacation*

You know I feel that people should be entitle to live their lives the way they feel like it.

Responsible adults specially. If they are happy with the relations they have then good for them.

I have been married for 24 years and I really have not need for anybody else, beside like Dg said some nice attention onces in a while the kind that are just a look nice word and that's it.

I am after all a woman.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

[My father and his girlfriend are swingers, I say that is a perfect example of openly cheating,

Not really, if both parties know and agree to what is going on its not cheating.

I am talking about taking someones trust and abusing it

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
James, I don't think a sane person would find this a good attribute in a long term partner:

The hell with it If I want to opportunistically lie to someone I will, and I will get away with it because I am a good liar.

This thinking and behavior is the basis of a doomed relationship. You have said you will cheat if you want to and you will life if it suits you, and you are good at it.

Why would someone be lucky to be stuck with that thought pattern? That is not the basis of a good person!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

[My father and his girlfriend are swingers, I say that is a perfect example of openly cheating,

Not really, if both parties know and agree to what is going on its not cheating.

I am talking about taking someones trust and abusing it

well if you ask my dad's girlfriend she feels cheated on even though it's in the open and she agrees with it.. weird I know but thats what she said.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

In the old days the women at least, had the class to be discreet. I am not saying it is worse for women just that back in the day they at least, unlike the men, had the class to hide it....LOL

I think you might have something here, Amuk. Most of the younger women, under 40, that I know are very open about thier sexuality and show it. I'm not saying that women are the cause but you put this new type of women with most men and something bad is going to happen. Most men have never been able to stand up to sexual advances for very long, so if a woman wants him she knows if she trys hard enough she will probably win. Oh yeah, alchohol dosen't help the situation out much either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join