It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump Lying or Losing His Mind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Trump IS crazy....Crazy like a fox!

Come on dude, give the man some slack.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If he's really crazy he will bring back the Lincoln Greenback or the Kennedy silver dollar.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Trump IS crazy....Crazy like a fox!

Come on dude, give the man some slack.

"Like a fox" is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: IAMTAT

If he's really crazy he will bring back the Lincoln Greenback or the Kennedy silver dollar.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Another useless Trump hating post. But what do you expect from ATS these days. It's so sad.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: bgerbger

I wonder how you folks reconcile that with the fact the he is the current sitting PotUS. The world may never know.

Alcohol and narcotics help.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
It's a good question, one which deserves study. Does he believe his own pathological lies, or he he really losing his mind? Dementia too is a possibility, but whatever the case, this man is seriously unhinged.

It is a good thing that Tina Nguyen at Vanity Fair has investigated this question, in some detail.

In the past his lies and exaggeration have served him well in his roles as developer, and in his role as media celebrity. His political popularity has hinged on fabrications and demented conspiracy theories like the Obama birther conspiracy he promoted so heavily. Indeed Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer are his biggest enablers, what with 'alternative facts', and outright bullsh*t about the size of his inauguration crowd. Hell, even the Trumpeters know he is a liar of epic proportions (when it is convenient for them).

Yes Yes, #fakenews, #cult45

www.vanityfair.com...

A growing body of evidence suggests that Trump’s alternative view of the world is more than just dirty politics: it may be pathological. On Tuesday night, The New York Times and The Washington Post published dueling accounts of what can only be described as the president suffering some kind of break with reality. In private, Trump has reportedly told people that the infamous Access Hollywood video, in which he is heard on tape boasting about sexually assaulting women, must have been doctored.

He continues to believe that Obama’s birth certificate is not real, according to multiple sources, despite prominently declaring during the campaign that he had been convinced otherwise. And he continues to claim, behind closed doors and without any evidence, that he only lost the popular vote because millions of illegal votes were cast against him.

The New York Times and Washington Post note that his lying is characteristic, and strategic.

The Post writes that Trump “has sought to paint the rosiest possible picture of his presidency and his character—and has tried to will others to see it his way, like the big-promises salesman he once was.” And there is surely some method to the madness. Publicly denying inconvenient truths, while attacking the media as “fake news,” is a key element of Trump’s continued support among his voters. But his private misstatements, within the White House, about easily verifiable facts, are harder to explain.

The latest break with reality is Trump denying he ever asked James Comey to stop investigating Michael Flynn.

www.slate.com...

President Donald Trump went on a an anti-FBI tweetstorm Sunday morning seizing on news that a veteran counterintelligence agent was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller’s team due to anti-Trump text messages. The president said that “after years” of fired FBI director James Comey’s leadership, the FBI’s “reputation is in Tatters – worst in History!” But the commander in chief told supporters not to worry, because “we will bring it back to greatness.”

Well Donald, the lies don't stop, but perhaps you are not lying, but simply losing your mind through dementia. Scarborough Joe seems to think so.

thehill.com...

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said on Thursday that people close to President Trump told him during the campaign that Trump has "early stages of dementia."

During MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Scarborough said Trump is "completely detached from reality."

"You have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit," Scarborough said.

He does seem mentally unfit, despite the claims of the Trumpeters. I'd not wish dementia on anyone, a truly horrible disease, but I'd not wish the demented Trump on anyone either.

Despite the crowing of the 'but Hillary' crowd, Trump digs his own grave with his inane tweetstorms and the stupid garbage that comes out of his mouth. Trump is not playing 18 dimensional chess, and he is not Moses, despite what some clearly deluded Trumpeters would have you believe.

He is either a liar or somebody who has completely lost their mind.

I am not sure which is worse.

Both. We have a multi millionaire grandpa running this ship...deciding whats best for everyone...when nothing he does or passes or says affects him and his filthy rich kids n grandkids because he wouldnt eat Kraft Mac n Cheese, doesnt count change for nor pump his own gas...and none of his clan has every had to shop or been in a $0.99 store.

S0000? Duh...there not a single reason to expect him to talk sense nor tell the truth. Why start now? And dementia? You could see his outta touch mentality in any video of him from the 1960's forward.

Do a search on YouTube of his rhetoric from those days...guys always been living in cloud city...and getting worse. We elected Grandpa who lies, cheats. offends, degrades just about everyone, everywhere to suit his own self.

Lying? Dementia? Senility? Alzhiemers? Check......

Ranting response to this thread topic now over. Shhh...the Twit is getting ready to Twit-ter. Of course more lies and mental instability. Have a great day guys.....

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That my friend was beautiful. I have reread that post over and over and I was able to identify 12 different cognative biases. Did you do that on purpose? Very artsy!

reply to: bgerbger

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What exactly are his lies?

Your quoted article says that "behind closed doors and without any evidence" he continues to believe the Obama birth certificate deal and something about the popular vote. You can't use that as proof of his "dementia" unless you want to be a hypocrite, since thst article doesn't name any sources. None. The article gives no evidence that he's actually saying these things. We are just supposed to take their word for it. After all of the outright misinformation they've published over the past several years.

So what exactly did he lie about?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I wonder how you folks reconcile that with the fact the he is the current sitting PotUS. The world may never know.

Oh, 'us' folks reconcile just fine. It's not like there has ever been a shortage of batsh*t crazy leaders before.

Take Rodrigo Duterte, Tony Abbott, Kim Jong Il, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, and Pol Pot just for starters.

Perhaps as mentally deranged as Trump, but I'm not certain.
edit on 4-12-2017 by bgerbger because: Removed comma, added capital letter, but Hillary, but Hillary

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If he's really crazy he will bring back the Lincoln Greenback...

We already have an unbacked paper currency, why would we need another?

...or the Kennedy silver dollar.

Kennedy is on the half dollar, previous to him it was Franklin.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Alcohol and narcotics help.

That certainly does explain a lot of all this.
It's all about perspective.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Youre not winning anyone over by posting liberal bias media as credible sources especially as doctors. What's changed about Trump since he became president where you think his mental state is deteriorating? I think he's been consistent and Im not even trying to defend him.

I'm more concerned about the state of the liberal media since he's been elected. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them crazy.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Oh, 'us' folks reconcile just fine

Given the subjectivity of the thread, I dare say you're lying.

You're comparisons are also a screaming example of ill proportions.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought he was implying that Trump would try something that would get him assassinated.

Perhaps I jumped too far. /shrug

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I thought he was implying that Trump would try something that would get him assassinated.

Perhaps I jumped too far. /shrug

No, I think you're correct but issuing things that already exist isn't exactly groundbreaking, assassination-level activity.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Oh, 'us' folks reconcile just fine

Given the subjectivity of the thread, I dare say you're lying.

You're comparisons are also a screaming example of ill proportions.

Well what can I say except #fakenews, #cult45.

Perhaps the proportions are slightly askew, I think it may be possible Pol Pot was a little more crazy, but the rest, not a chance!

Also, it's your, not you're.

You've made this exact error before in a reply to me.

edit on 4-12-2017 by bgerbger because: The smiley face made the gaps between lines too big.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Guess your still wondering how he was elected huh?

Fare thee well and good luck in the battles to come.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Guess your still wondering how he was elected huh?

Fare thee well and good luck in the battles to come.

Actually, that one is a "you're", but perhaps that was intentional.

Also, I'm not wondering at all, I don't dwell in the halls of the deluded.

edit on 4-12-2017 by bgerbger because: I like inverted commas.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join