It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump Lying or Losing His Mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's a good question, one which deserves study. Does he believe his own pathological lies, or he he really losing his mind? Dementia too is a possibility, but whatever the case, this man is seriously unhinged.

It is a good thing that Tina Nguyen at Vanity Fair has investigated this question, in some detail.

In the past his lies and exaggeration have served him well in his roles as developer, and in his role as media celebrity. His political popularity has hinged on fabrications and demented conspiracy theories like the Obama birther conspiracy he promoted so heavily. Indeed Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer are his biggest enablers, what with 'alternative facts', and outright bullsh*t about the size of his inauguration crowd. Hell, even the Trumpeters know he is a liar of epic proportions (when it is convenient for them).

Yes Yes, #fakenews, #cult45

www.vanityfair.com...

A growing body of evidence suggests that Trump’s alternative view of the world is more than just dirty politics: it may be pathological. On Tuesday night, The New York Times and The Washington Post published dueling accounts of what can only be described as the president suffering some kind of break with reality. In private, Trump has reportedly told people that the infamous Access Hollywood video, in which he is heard on tape boasting about sexually assaulting women, must have been doctored.

He continues to believe that Obama’s birth certificate is not real, according to multiple sources, despite prominently declaring during the campaign that he had been convinced otherwise. And he continues to claim, behind closed doors and without any evidence, that he only lost the popular vote because millions of illegal votes were cast against him.

The New York Times and Washington Post note that his lying is characteristic, and strategic.

The Post writes that Trump “has sought to paint the rosiest possible picture of his presidency and his character—and has tried to will others to see it his way, like the big-promises salesman he once was.” And there is surely some method to the madness. Publicly denying inconvenient truths, while attacking the media as “fake news,” is a key element of Trump’s continued support among his voters. But his private misstatements, within the White House, about easily verifiable facts, are harder to explain.

The latest break with reality is Trump denying he ever asked James Comey to stop investigating Michael Flynn.

www.slate.com...

President Donald Trump went on a an anti-FBI tweetstorm Sunday morning seizing on news that a veteran counterintelligence agent was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller’s team due to anti-Trump text messages. The president said that “after years” of fired FBI director James Comey’s leadership, the FBI’s “reputation is in Tatters – worst in History!” But the commander in chief told supporters not to worry, because “we will bring it back to greatness.”

Well Donald, the lies don't stop, but perhaps you are not lying, but simply losing your mind through dementia. Scarborough Joe seems to think so.

thehill.com...

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said on Thursday that people close to President Trump told him during the campaign that Trump has "early stages of dementia."

During MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Scarborough said Trump is "completely detached from reality."

"You have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit," Scarborough said.

He does seem mentally unfit, despite the claims of the Trumpeters. I'd not wish dementia on anyone, a truly horrible disease, but I'd not wish the demented Trump on anyone either.

Despite the crowing of the 'but Hillary' crowd, Trump digs his own grave with his inane tweetstorms and the stupid garbage that comes out of his mouth. Trump is not playing 18 dimensional chess, and he is not Moses, despite what some clearly deluded Trumpeters would have you believe.

He is either a liar or somebody who has completely lost their mind.

I am not sure which is worse.

edit on 4-12-2017 by bgerbger because: There are secret messages in this bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
When one goes mad, they go mad slowly and don't know it.
Not sure about the President since I always thought other then Pres Carter, everyone of them were mentally deranged in some form or another. I'm not saying they were all of sound mind in other words.

Was his father the one with a mental disease, I read it some time ago in the news. I actually like the Pres and I wouldn't want to say anything negative or untrue so MOD's delete this post if the above is not in print.
edit on 1200000041222017-12-04T06:22:41-06:00224112am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For me personally, I'm not smart enough to lie about anything.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think part of it is that he's never been under this level of scrutiny before.

When he was just a reality tv star and mostly failed businessman, his entire world was very managed and controlled, he was surrounded by people who just said 'Yes Mr Trump, you're so wonderful Mr Trump, everything you touch is golden Mr Trump'. But now he's been propelled onto the big stage, he's having the severe cognitive dissonance of somebody who had previously only known Yes-Men and Yes-Women, and he's never learnt coping strategies for how to cope with that.

So he just insists that he is RIGHT even when he is clearly wrong.

And Cult#45 doesn't help either.

It's like that tweet he put out the other day where he inadvertently incriminated himself in a crime, and how his lawyers have since had to put out a statement that they put that tweet out, not Trump, because they're scrambling to cover for him committing a crime. He doesn't even know when to keep his mouth shut on serious matters that implicate himself in criminal activities.

And he's believed himself like unto a God all his life, because he's been surrounded by people who just prop up his ego constantly. So of course he likes Fox and hates CNN. Anybody who doesn't say he is a God must be liars.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
For me personally, I'm not smart enough to lie about anything.

Me too!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Lots of folks seem to believe this line of thinking. That there is something critically amiss with Trumps mental state.

I wonder how you folks reconcile that with the fact the he is the current sitting PotUS. The world may never know.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If, NYT & WAPO claims of the lies being strategic are to be given any credibility, then the claims of dementia etc are self contradictory and self refuted.
edit on 4-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

"You have somebody inside the White House that the New York Daily News says is mentally unfit," Scarborough said.

Well, I guess we should just thank our lucky stars that the industrious folks at the New York Daily News are medically qualified to provide differential neurological and psychological diagnoses as well as accurately assess an individual's ability to manage any such disease processes in a professional capacity, now shouldn't we? Whatever would we do without those stellar medical minds over there apprising everyone of things like this...and on top of all that fine, ethical, truthful reporting they work so hard at, too? Bless their hearts, they probably need a pay raise.

edit on 31366America/ChicagoMon, 04 Dec 2017 06:36:31 -060031am31337America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Failed business man? The MSM is telling the truth?

You guys are losing your collective shlit.

Move on, you are exercising self destructive behavior and I am worried.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Wait until we find out Trump doesn't even tweet, and one of the terms of his election was he had to allow the tweets in his name.

It would be par for the course, at this point.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Why is this an either or question?

Just sayin'

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It wouldn't be the first time. Reagan served out the end of his Presidency with dementia.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It wouldn't be the first time. Reagan served out the end of his Presidency with dementia.

And most of us knew it too, at least those of us that lived in the Pacific Palisades , Calif. during that time.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In a Nutshell NO! Never underestimate a Maverick no matter how they may appear to you! First human POTUS for a long while. He's human regardless of any flaws we all carry!!

He is the real TRUMPINATER and he's only just begun. US are lucky to have him compared with other recent POTUS's.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
In a Nutshell NO! Never underestimate a Maverick no matter how they may appear to you! First human POTUS for a long while. He's human regardless of any flaws we all carry!!

He is the real TRUMPINATER and he's only just begun. US are lucky to have him compared with other recent POTUS's.

What people in the States are not aware of is this, Trump can speak his mind of innocence like your child and you'll believe them because you love your child. Trump is the leader of America, Americans MUST love their leader to feel the warmth of security the leader will provide. Trump does this. Did Bush or Obama do it, fk no. They put fear into your eyes. Trump is the second "Mr. President Carter" of America and will be thought and remembered as a true Patriot for the American people.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Is Donald Trump Lying or Losing His Mind?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Crazy like a fox.

Lets see those inidictments

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We know who lost their mind and when they lost it

Its not one person

Hey Hillary is winning

'PSYCH!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Trump IS crazy....Crazy like a fox!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Another useless Trump hating post. But what do you expect from ATS these days. It's so sad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join