It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US families urged to EVACUATE military bases near Seoul amid fears North Korea WAR 'close'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

originally posted by: dianajune
I've said repeatedly that they do NOT work.

Sanctions and an oil embargo are what pushed Japan to bomb us in WWII, sounds like the same issues will bring us into WWIII

China and Russia aren't going to start a world war over North Korea, despite your sick wishes.

pretty sure my post was anti-sanctions, and thus anti-war...you don't think n. korea could push china and russia to war?

You're suggesting NK could force China and Russia to order their armed forces to attack the US and South Korea?

No, I don't think NK can do that. Nor should you. That's absurd.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What a sorry state of affairs. At the moment, we have a problem. Problems can be solved by taking action. Apathy very often allows for problems to turn into predicaments - where there are no solutions, no matter what action you take.

Analyse

Synthesise

Realise

The analyst's approach to solving ANY problem. Including North Korea.

It matters not who invented the weapons of mass destruction after they've all been let off! Nobody takes any credit -
after Mutually Assured Destruction.

I'm British, and personally, I have a lot of time for our brothers across the pond. This Anti-American sentiment is very fashionable these days but seriously, lets stop - it's ridiculous. I'm very grateful to my Grandfather's generation for being very brave and fighting the good fight to secure the freedoms we all enjoy. In the west, we would have to be blind not to have noticed the fact that we're being made to feel guilty for just about everything. Literally - EVERY DAMN THING!

People abuse our open and free society. Look at London over the past few years. Sweden. Germany. France. The rot is setting in across the USA, too. Our multiple theatres of operation makes us very unpopular and yes, politicians have lied. NEWSFLASH - wherever you're from, your politicians have lied too!

This is not a time to start degrading our relations with Allies. As far as I'm concerned, us Brits - in spite of our stiff upper lips, pride, vigorous tea drinking and relentless leg-pulling, should still feel the love towards ALL our comrades. The USA may have seemed reluctant to help during the beginning of WW2, but as I understand it, there was a lot of secret assistance that us Brits were receiving that would have been jeopardised otherwise.

I also wonder, had it not been for the political divide, could things have been a lot warmer with Russia? Are we really so different? Lets be honest, the Russians were our Allies too. And still could be, if only people had the sense to improve relations. If we can be Allies in space, surely we can be allies on Earth, too?

North Korea is dangerous. And it's getting worse.

Calling all nations of the free world - stop name calling the Americans - are you happy that North Korea play videos of the United States being nuked? And threatening everyone with ICBMs? I can't see how the outcome is going to be good, even if we do act straight away. Lots and lots of innocent people are going to perish.

How many more would die if we wait to be nuked first before responding?

There's really no choice at all :/ the writing is on the wall, so brace.

China can also make this better, or much, much worse. Hopefully, they'll play ball.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Why do I have this nagging feeling that the globalists are dying to get a war started so they can kill off a significant portion of us? They tried to get something going with Russia, that fizzled out, and now this. Same people, neocon war hawks. Kim is a maniac, but maybe its just theater to have an excuse to fake an EMP, kill the power grid, and kill off 80 percent of the population, in a macabre form of population control. The population is exploding globally, pretty soon the elites will lose control to those huge masses of people, maybe this is a solve for that problem. Probably just a crazy theory but what ISNT crazy these days?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well if true military don’t just do this stuff unless a legitimate threat.I can see dark days on the horizon before the festivities begin.We could be looking at a preemptive strike.Taking out North Korea’s infrastructure anything more would be madness.And China and Russia would be very twitchy.Unless one or both are onside some way.But I can’t see communist nations helping US other than creating a buffer zone.Or may be China attacking from one side in a loose alliance.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Gavlar993 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2017 by Gavlar993 because: Paragraph edit

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I can hope that all the Haters out there realize most Americans do not post on this site and couldn't care less what North Korea is doing and just want to live in peace and go about their daily lives. It is a concern we have some crazy guy developing nukes and shooting missiles it seems every month. Most would like to ignore the threat or pretend it is nothing to worry about. We leave the worrying to elected officials. We don't want war. The majority don't want war. There are always a few vocal people saying one thing or another. Unfortunately sometimes they get all the attention.

From what I have observed NK needs a common enemy to keep everyone in line. If the US didn't exist, someone else would be the enemy. Maybe Japan, maybe Europe. It would be some other group. NK rules by fear, intimidation, and strict control. Unfortunately the leaders of NK seem to think developing nuclear weapons makes them safer when I believe it is the opposite. I will pray that millions don't lose their lives if war breaks out. I'm concerned if nuclear war breaks out, it may not stop with just NK. I really do not want nukes flying around landing who knows where.
edit on 9/12/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is the same rationale why people said we couldn't attack Syria for their use of chemical weapons. It would start WW3 with Russia. That didn't happen. Russia and China don't want a full-scale war any more than we do. If we conducted a limited operation and pledged not to actually invade the country and turn it into a democracy, I don't believe China would counter-attack. It's not in their best interest, just like it wasn't in Russia's best interest to counter-attack us when we hit Syria.

Russia didn't say if we launched an attack, they would stop us. They in fact, were given heads-up prior to the attack. And it was on a single airbase.

China has said quite clearly..

If the US and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so.

They have said if NK provokes the attack, they are on their own. But they would come to the defense of NK if the U.S. initiates the attack. The Pentagon can't be as flippant when starting a war - they need to ensure it won't provoke China.. and also need to make certain that Japan and SK are on board with it. They stand a great deal to lose, and ignoring your allies AND defying China isn't a sound strategic move.
edit on 9-12-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

This is the same rationale why people said we couldn't attack Syria for their use of chemical weapons. It would start WW3 with Russia. That didn't happen. Russia and China don't want a full-scale war any more than we do. If we conducted a limited operation and pledged not to actually invade the country and turn it into a democracy, I don't believe China would counter-attack. It's not in their best interest, just like it wasn't in Russia's best interest to counter-attack us when we hit Syria.

Russia didn't say if we launched an attack, they would stop us. They in fact, were given heads-up prior to the attack. And it was on a single airbase.

China has said quite clearly..

If the US and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so.

They have said if NK provokes the attack, they are on their own. But they would come to the defense of NK if the U.S. initiates the attack. The Pentagon can't be as flippant when starting a war - they need to ensure it won't provoke China.. and also need to make certain that Japan and SK are on board with it. They stand a great deal to lose, and ignoring your allies AND defying China isn't a sound strategic move.

Those would all be great points if they didn't completely ignore what I posted. I never said Russia declared they'd retaliate. That was all the "experts" and pundits, and indeed a lot of posters here. Look at the WW3 forum for 2015 and 2016. You'll see plenty of references to WW3 erupting if the US attacks Syria because Russia will have to defend their ally. It wasn't true. Maybe if we invaded, but we didn't. And again, China said they'd defend NK if we tried to initiate a regime change. One of my main points in my posts on this issue has been to stress if we do do something, we have to make sure China and NK know it's not a regime change, just a limited strike on their nuclear program. Maybe you don't agree with that, and that's fine. I just think folks that believe if we did such a strike China would attack us are wrong, just like they were wrong about Russia. But responding that "well China said they'd defend NK if we invade" is a moot point because what I'm talking about is not an invasion and regime change.
edit on 9 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

we invented them?

From you link.

1943 - August - Quebec Agreement signed by President Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.A team of British scientists join the Manhattan Project,including Klaus Fuchs.

So who invented them ?

You don't really think that team of British scientists was the Project do you? Most of the people on the project were Americans. I'm perfectly willing to give the foreign members of the team the credit they deserve too.

Of course i don't think The British Team were the project.

However i do have an issue when Americans come on here and proclaim " We invented it "

Which bloody " we " are they referring to, as if i couldn't guess.

You can't deny it was an American project funded largely by American money and mostly employing American scientists. If we want to get technical, Leo Szilard obtained a patent for the concept of an uncontrolled chain reaction that could potentially be used as a weapon in 1934. He was Hungarian but he was a British citizen at the time. He later moved to the US and became a US citizen. A theoretical concept and a working device are two different things. Americans largely worked out the actual mechanism to turn it into a usable bomb. As with most things, it's complicated.

You have to go further back than 1934 and Leo Szilard. Back to 1917 and Ernest Rutherford in fact.

Rutherford was the first to spilt the atom thus causing the first ever nuclear reaction by artificial means.

That was the dawn of the nuclear age.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

we invented them?

From you link.

1943 - August - Quebec Agreement signed by President Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.A team of British scientists join the Manhattan Project,including Klaus Fuchs.

So who invented them ?

You don't really think that team of British scientists was the Project do you? Most of the people on the project were Americans. I'm perfectly willing to give the foreign members of the team the credit they deserve too.

Of course i don't think The British Team were the project.

However i do have an issue when Americans come on here and proclaim " We invented it "

Which bloody " we " are they referring to, as if i couldn't guess.

You can't deny it was an American project funded largely by American money and mostly employing American scientists. If we want to get technical, Leo Szilard obtained a patent for the concept of an uncontrolled chain reaction that could potentially be used as a weapon in 1934. He was Hungarian but he was a British citizen at the time. He later moved to the US and became a US citizen. A theoretical concept and a working device are two different things. Americans largely worked out the actual mechanism to turn it into a usable bomb. As with most things, it's complicated.

You have to go further back than 1934 and Leo Szilard. Back to 1917 and Ernest Rutherford in fact.

Rutherford was the first to spilt the atom thus causing the first ever nuclear reaction by artificial means.

That was the dawn of the nuclear age.

If we were talking about that, yes. We were talking about who gets credit for developing that discovery into a bomb. Szilard has the patent on the original idea of using it for a bomb. A team of mostly American scientists developed that into a working machine.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

China said they'd defend NK if we tried to initiate a regime change. One of my main points in my posts on this issue has been to stress if we do do something, we have to make sure China and NK know it's not a regime change, just a limited strike on their nuclear program.

It doesn't matter what you or me or even the Pentagon thinks how shifting the balance of power in the peninsula is defined. They will have to tell China up front what we are going to do.. and either China will be on board with it, or they won't. Even if we say "We pinky-swear we are just taking out some nuclear weapon capabilities," and China is "not ok" with it, we can't do a thing. Then SK and Japan need to also be on board with an attack of any magnitude.

Which is why probably nothing will happen, until NK pushes things to a point where we have no choice. Which they probably won't. People keep saying Kim is crazy.. I doubt he is. Cruel, tyrant, etc.. sure. Not crazy however - although probably inexperienced. They are almost certainly going to be a nuclear power - the ship to stop this from happening sailed many years ago. This is far too late to try and stop this from happening.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Szilard has the patent on the original idea of using it for a bomb

Szilard actually gifted the patent to The British Admiralty in 1936.

Szilárd asked the British War Office to keep the patent secret but was turned down.13 In February 1936, he offered it successfully to the British Admiralty with the help of a letter from physicist Alexander Lindemann, director of Clarendon Laboratory at Oxford University.14 Szilárd explained in the letter to the Admiralty that the patented process could contribute to bombs “very many thousand times more powerful than ordinary bombs” and drew attention to the threat of foreign powers using them

intelligence.org...

Also interestingly author H.G. Wells predicted nuclear weapons ( amongst others ) in 1914.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 14-12-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join