It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US families urged to EVACUATE military bases near Seoul amid fears North Korea WAR 'close'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: fleabit

Because, like China and Russia, U.S. was a superpower that acquired (and sadly invented) nukes.

Last time i checked, Nuclear Weapons where invented by The U.S. Britain and Canada in a joint effort.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nope.

The USA hired ex German Nazis...

Google is your friend.

Warmest

Lags

Majority of people who worked on the project, as well as the man who ran it, were all Americans.

Cute revisionist history.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

How can the US sanction China with all the money we owe?

The last time I checked, it was 1 trillion.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: jedi_hamster

:facepalm:

You really DO need to pick up a history book.

The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Got that? You and how many others on here keep using those words "start a war", showing just how much you do not know nor understand the history of Korea.

Let me say it again so you can get it through your head: The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Understand?

This is true. Trump could start attacking North Korea w/o Congressional approval.

But first he has to get over his obsession with sanctions (which never work anyway except as a stalling tactic)

He can't even bring himself to move our embassy to Jerusalem....keeps putting that off too.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's not a high horse.

It's fact: How can you formulate a correct opinion if you speak on an area that you are ignorant of?

Anyone that comes on here with a "have it all figured out", or tries to points fingers, when they do not even have a basic understand of the history here, is something that no one should really pay attention to.

Are you in fact aware of the history of Korea? So far your posts show NO you are not.

The US didn't stick it's nose into anything. Korea had been occupied by Japanese forces during WW2. At the end of the war, allied forces occupied Korea, which was in complete disarray.

This is also when the Cold War started. The USSR had it's own ideas what should be done there, and western Allied forces had other ideas.

So a line was drawn, just like in Germany. N. Korea was set up by the USSR, while S. Korea was set up by western forces.

Then a few years later the Soviets pretty much just abandoned N. Korea.

1950 N. Korea invaded S. Korea with no provocation other than they simply wanted S. Korea (hows that for aggression?).

The newly formed UN (let me stress that again: UN) is who fought in that war. US forces made up the bulk of that (of course...we always make up the bulk of it because too many other countries just can't seem to pull their weight in the UN).

In 1953 A Truce was declared....not a peace treaty. UN forces (again, let me stress that since you showed in your last post you STILL have not learned about Korea) agreed to stay. Why? BECAUSE THE WAR NEVER ENDED.

Understand now?

Since that truce, N. Korea has violated it over and over and over and over and over and over, several times with the death of people involved.

Then, starting in 1996, N. Korea said it would no longer honor the truce.

Understand even more now? THEY, NORTH KOREA said they would no longer honor that truce, and have stated this six times since 1996....

Who's the "war mongers" now?

Again: you and others on here REALLY need to pick up a book once in a while and learn some history.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I forgot to mention...

Why do “some” people from the good ol US of A get pissy and agressive with their responses! when opinions come from outside of the good ol US of A!??

Try to take a a step... even a little step... TRY... (or maybe 20) backwards and ask yourselves why many people around the globe ask serious questions about the way you people have been brainwashed to believe about the REST of the planet.

The "imaginary" wall has been put up around your country for a very long time and you are one of those behind it in my opinion...

You are not alone on your flat stretch of beautiful land... So sad...

Try thinking outside of your box.

But I bet you don't want to even try...

Warmest

Lags[

Actually I haven’t lived in the States for many years now, nice try though.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's not a high horse.

It's fact: How can you formulate a correct opinion if you speak on an area that you are ignorant of?

Anyone that comes on here with a "have it all figured out", or tries to points fingers, when they do not even have a basic understand of the history here, is something that no one should really pay attention to.

Are you in fact aware of the history of Korea? So far your posts show NO you are not.

The US didn't stick it's nose into anything. Korea had been occupied by Japanese forces during WW2. At the end of the war, allied forces occupied Korea, which was in complete disarray.

This is also when the Cold War started. The USSR had it's own ideas what should be done there, and western Allied forces had other ideas.

So a line was drawn, just like in Germany. N. Korea was set up by the USSR, while S. Korea was set up by western forces.

Then a few years later the Soviets pretty much just abandoned N. Korea.

1950 N. Korea invaded S. Korea with no provocation other than they simply wanted S. Korea (hows that for aggression?).

The newly formed UN (let me stress that again: UN) is who fought in that war. US forces made up the bulk of that (of course...we always make up the bulk of it because too many other countries just can't seem to pull their weight in the UN).

In 1953 A Truce was declared....not a peace treaty. UN forces (again, let me stress that since you showed in your last post you STILL have not learned about Korea) agreed to stay. Why? BECAUSE THE WAR NEVER ENDED.

Understand now?

Since that truce, N. Korea has violated it over and over and over and over and over and over, several times with the death of people involved.

Then, starting in 1996, N. Korea said it would no longer honor the truce.

Understand even more now? THEY, NORTH KOREA said they would no longer honor that truce, and have stated this six times since 1996....

Who's the "war mongers" now?

Again: you and others on here REALLY need to pick up a book once in a while and learn some history.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Any war we've been involved in after WW2, I'll agree USA is the "bully". War isn't the same as it used to be. NK is still a hold over from the old days though, and we're right to oppose this idiot.

In the decades after the ceasefire, both North and South Korea have violated their armistice hundreds of times, with the US trying to maintain and encourage peace talks.

Leader Kim Il Sung (1948-1994) sabre rattled, and even killed some soldiers. (Ref. The axe murder incident 1976), still we struggled for peace.

Leader Kim Jong Il (1994-2011) sabre rattled. Still we struggled for peace.

Now Leader Kim Jong Un (2011-present) is sabre rattling. But the difference is, he is getting close to nuclear capabilities. Now, NK has a close personal relationship with China and Russia. Both those countries have nukes. Neither country has supplied those nukes to NK. Wonder why that is??

You, or anyone else, want to call the US bullies for not wanting to let nukes fall into the hands of a madman, after we've struggled for peace for almost 70 years, well you just show your ignorance. And I'll take that hate. I love me some non-nuclear hate.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune
You love this stuff dont you....excited by war

Your avatar still disturbs me.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have been a lurker on this site now for many many years and its this thread that has made me join, i find the comments about the U.S absolutely unbelievable. For one the only reason thousands of US troops are stationed in NK is to protect the ROK and Japan from NK aggression. North Korea invaded the south in the 50s for no other reason than to annex it, America put herself and her young men in harms way (again!) to save another country from literal tyranny.

Some of you speak like NK is a bastion of freedom, how far from the truth. Its people are in a really bad place, no phones, no internet, absolutely no freedom of speech. Concentration camps are the norm and disabled kids are usually killed at birth as they are no good to the communist workforce.

In my eyes the quicker the people of NK are liberated from this living hell the better and i just wanted to let the people on here from the US know (considering they get so much hate from weak beta male Europeans) that many here in the UK stand firmly behind them and their president.
edit on 5-12-2017 by ukallday because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2017 by ukallday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ukallday
I have been a lurker on this site now for many many years and its this thread that has made me join, i find the comments about the U.S absolutely unbelievable. For one the only reason thousands of US troops are stationed in NK is to protect the ROK and Japan from NK aggression. North Korea invaded the south in the 50s for no other reason than to annex it, America put herself and her young men in harms way (again!) to save another country from literal tyranny.

Some of you speak like NK is a bastion of freedom, how far from the truth. Its people are in a really bad place, no phones, no internet, absolutely no freedom of speech. Concentration camps are the norm and disabled kids are usually killed at birth as they are no good to the communist workforce.

In my eyes the quicker the people of NK are liberated from this living hell the better and i just wanted to let the people on here from the US know (considering they get so much hate from weak beta male Europeans) that many here in the UK stand firmly behind them and their president.

Well said and welcome. We could use another sane member.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

sorry you think of us as warmongers but what would you do if a little country that just developed icbm and h-bombs started to threaten to attack your country to show the world they were a big boy power now how should your country respond to the threat? all we have done is let them know that attacking us would be a grave mistake.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
North Korea has threatened France, and all of Europe. Admittedly France's President and ours will never be besties, and I doubt they will ever agree on much, but that guy isn't a fool. Frankly I rather like Macron, seems like a good sort of fellow, and i'll be damned if he isn't handsome as hell.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ukallday

This reminds me of something.

I remember when we first went into Iraq the second time. Rush Limbaugh was going on about how Bush said we went in there to liberate the people of Iraq. I was listening to him on the radio at work. As soon as he started taking calls I dialed his number and they asked what my question was and put me on hold. In less than fifteen minutes total I was live on the air with Rush and millions of people listening. You wanna know what my question was? It was this...... I agree with going into Iraq and liberating those people from that horrible dictator if that’s what we went in there for. However why do we go into Iraq and liberate those people but yet not go into North Korea and liberate the North Koreans? Surly the North Koreans are under an even more brutal dictatorship?

He fumbled the football on that one because the question showed the hypocrisy of Bush’s reasoning for going into Iraq and in turn Limbaugh’s hypocritical reasoning because he went right along with Bush. He and I both knew the real reason why we went into Iraq, and it wasn’t to liberate the Iraqi citizens.

Thanks for your support!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
I say after this is settled with NoKo pull all US military assets out of every country and bring them back to the US. Yes it would mean a lot of money lost both here and abroad. . If Russia wants to annex in the EU that's fine with me if China want Afghanistan cool.Let the other countries defend themselves and see how much the US is will be missed.

That's called isolationism, which I'm all for, but it doesn't fit in with TPTB's plan of a one world government. Big pharma, big ag, Gmo companies, and big tobacco have too much to lose. They would never allow us to do this. That's why nothing is made in America anymore, to prevent just such a scenario.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Nikki Haley is hot ! I love how she said Kims
rigime will be " Utterly destroyed"

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I would like to elaborate and state that in no way am I having a bang at our American cousins when I say say WARMONGERS, but the people that lobby and run your country.

Deepest and sincerest apologies to all members that thought otherwise.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So why is the USA allowed to have nukes then?

Answer that one!

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

Um...Because we invented them. Duh.
But, the US, and all other nuclear entities are reducing their nuclear arsenal. Maybe someday, no nukes. We don't get to that day by passing out nuclear capability like candy.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Pentagon says no need to evacuate US military dependents at this time

This was confirmed by Fox on air just now, perhaps earlier I dunno I haven't been watching all day.

The Pentagon is likely unconcerned because the bases that do have families living in the area are out of range of NK's rocket artillery (as is most of Seoul). And North Korea's antiquated air force would never be able to penetrate far enough to attack them. The only real threat then is from their ballistic missiles, and at this point they are a threat pretty much anywhere they move those families to.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

She was referring to the sanctions. The Trump Administration can't get enough of them. They think those things make a difference.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: randyvs

She was referring to the sanctions. The Trump Administration can't get enough of them. They think those things make a difference.

I doubt they really think that. They just want to exhaust any and all options so that when we do transition to the military option, no one will say they didn't do enough on the diplomatic and economic fronts.

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join