It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Tunes In Your Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hello ATS

I'm usually always talking about Dreams and Predictions, in this thread I'm going to pose a question to the membership about those tunes you wake up with, buzzing around in your skull, that just pop there and you hum for a while... I always get them often and some are quite important. As to the why or how I'll leave that to the Neurologists and the psychologists.

The main questions...
DO YOU GET THOSE TUNES IN YOUR HEAD, IF SO WHAT WAS IT

DID THEY CORRELATE TO ANY PART OF YOUR DAY

I will give you my own examples: I awoke on the 2nd of October as normal bright and early in the UK at 6am, I had a tune in my head
So I decided to post on facebook those instances after I had fed my cats FB Post What I didn't know literally a less than 10 minutes later this occurred
I chose to post an update news report instead of actual footage in respect of the fallen. Lyrics are the important factor.
I always awake with these tunes in my head, today's being

I'd like you to think of them tunes you may have awoken to and did they have any impact on the day you had...
As to whether this is the correct forum I'm not sure but in my own instances they are Paranormal in nature.

As I post this thread and reach out to ATS for this question I understand today's tune.

edit on 4-12-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Are you talking about the "ear worm" phenomenon, or original melodies that seem to arise spontaneously? If the latter, I love getting melodies in this fashion. I got one the other day. Damn shame I didn't record it or write it down, but it's a fairly regular occurrence for me. I try to record them whenever possible; I've come to see it as a disrespect to the Muse to let them drift away.

These melodies are typically so much more imbued with a natural musical quality than the melodies that I sit down to write with intention. Sometimes, it isn't a fully fleshed out melody, but a series of rhythmless intervals onto which I then impose rhythm, accent pattern, or some sort of motivic development, or move it back and forth within a bar, or try new time sigs, etc.

I am a musician, so a lot of this comes naturally now, but I think I've always heard music in my head. That's probably why I became a musician.

Love those damn melodies! Jeez I really need to go work on some music.
edit on 4-12-2017 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Are you talking about the "ear worm" phenomenon, or original melodies that seem to arise spontaneously? If the latter, I love getting melodies in this fashion. I got one the other day. Damn shame I didn't record it or write it down, but it's a fairly regular occurrence for me. I try to record them whenever possible; I've come to see it as a disrespect to the Muse to let them drift away.

These melodies are typically so much more imbued with a natural musical quality than the melodies that I sit down to write with intention. Sometimes, it isn't a fully fleshed out melody, but a series of rhythmless intervals onto which I then impose rhythm, accent pattern, or some sort of motivic development, or move it back and forth within a bar, or try new time sigs, etc.

I am a musician, so a lot of this comes naturally now, but I think I've always heard music in my head. That's probably why I became a musician.

Love those damn melodies! Jeez I really need to go work on some music.

I know exactly what you mean but no, not "ear worms", actual tunes/songs... I'm a creative type, dabbling in Writing, Art and Music but merely as a hobby, although my wife wishes I would concentrate on my stories instead of Carpentry
maybe one day but not at the moment.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have the Hole in my Bucket dear Liser rhyme going around and around and around like the circular argument it is, you think tinnitus is back, 6 weeks i have had this!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I have the Hole in my Bucket dear Liser rhyme going around and around and around like the circular argument it is, you think tinnitus is back, 6 weeks i have had this!

I believe it may have a connection to.... THE CONNECTION we all have to the Universe or even those passed on... or even all the above and more... As to why is for you to decipher, maybe addressing an issue you have may be required.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Music is a massive part of my life, it's got me through some of the best and some.of the worst times of my life. I've been a Dj since 1994, it's my trade, if you will (though I've had a plethora of other jobs when djing wasn't an option),

I love this topic as I often have tunes stuck in my head, often the only way to expel them is to listen to whatever it is. I don't really have them in my head when I wake up though, this happens to me randomly any time of the day or night while awake. I can't give does or even tell you every song I've had in my head but can name a few. Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You, Ralph from the Muppets - Mnah, Mnah, Guns 'N' Roses - Patience, Get in the Ring and Garden of Eden. Metallica - Sad but True and Of Wolf and Man, Eifel 65 - Blue, Weird Al Yankovic - Episode 1 and Yoga and 2 Unlimited - No Limit and Cotton Eye Joe both the Rednex and Leo Morriocholli versions (but never any of the earlier recordings of it that I've heard for some reason) to name a handful I can remember over the past 5 years or so, this has been going on since I was about 14 though.

Now, you can see that's a fairly odd mix. My musical passion lies in Alternative music, Rock, Metal, Punk, Industrial and some of the dancier artists who have toyed around the fringes of that sound (The Prodigy, Senser, Junkie XL, Faithless, Pendulum, Chemical Brothers, Apollo 440, Basement Jaxx, Leftfield, Daft Punk and that sort of thing), that's what i LOVE, but I really like a lot of different music that's been released through the decades and pride myself on being able to DJ any type of music.

I am now curious to look into the why of it all, as you can tell by my unusually lengthy post that I'm quite enthusiastic about this kind of thing...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Indeed a plethora of musical tastes
... "I am now curious to look into the why of it all" me also, thus the thread. You may find some of the time those tunes that just pop in your head may have some form of reasoning but unfortunately in the one example you gave it's just a simple case of a VERY, VERY addictive ditty
I'd like to thank you for putting it in my head for the next several hours

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I hear music in my head all the time. Kind of like a soundtrack for life. Of course, I listen to music on and off all day depending on what I'm doing so it's natural for it to continue in my head when I turn it off. I also have a bit of an odd talent. All I need is to hear the first note of any song I've ever heard and I can tell you what the song is and who plays it.
Had this stuck in my head yesterday, it didn't really have a connection to anything going on.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I hear music in my head all the time. Kind of like a soundtrack for life. Of course, I listen to music on and off all day depending on what I'm doing so it's natural for it to continue in my head when I turn it off. I also have a bit of an odd talent. All I need is to hear the first note of any song I've ever heard and I can tell you what the song is and who plays it.
Had this stuck in my head yesterday, it didn't really have a connection to anything going on.

It's the fact it happens so often that everyone usually chalks it off to just one of those tunes that just pops in there but... there may be more to it. Even I used to do the same, just a tune in my head, that I'll just hum all day... that was until the example I gave in the OP. Next time it happens have a think of the lyrics involved in the song... That maybe the point of the experience, the same way in a Ghost Radio, how it picks up certain words along its bandwidth to create answers or statements. In these cases those lyrics may pertain to an important part of your day or a message about an important part of the day or a day to come even.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
For the last three weeks I've had the opening song to this show stuck in my head.

It took me weeks to figure out what it was. I would just sit and hum that annoying little cheerful ditty to myself having no idea what it was. My dad used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. He'd get me to watch it with him. I hated it, it user to bore the crap out of me. These days though I think I'd enjoy it more.

When I figured out what it was that was stuck in my head I made sure to thank my dad for that.

edit on 4/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

my wife wishes I would concentrate on my stories instead of Carpentry maybe one day but not at the moment.

When you get ready; New Media is always seeking new, original content in the form of industry standard screenplays and scripts.

We use this software...

www.celtx.com...

I have melodies in my head 24/7 drives me nuts.

edit on 4-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've played guitar in my dreams, because there's no physical limitations, I jam some insane stuff.
I've come up with modified covers in my dreams.
I've awoken to lyrics repeating in my head.
I've woken up to my own lyrics.

Music features in my dreams from time to time, but it's always very good, stuff that resonates with me.
But in short, yes, I've awoken with a song in my head

My favorite at the moment

edit on 4-12-2017 by GreenGunther because: it's better now

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

While I understand why people might equate Bohemian Rhapsody to an actual killing. There is a good level of evidence that the song, is metaphorical, and Freddie was "coming out" to either his mother or his girl friend. He "killed a man" (the image they might have had of a straight Freddie (as opposed to the Bisexual one)).

But on the whole, songs (especially ones like BoRap) elicit feelings in people. So I understand waht seeing news of a mass shooting might do if you had that song in your mind. Any particular part of the song?

Also given the number of mass shootings these days? Waking to news of one, is not shocking, sadly.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

with what shall I fix it dear Georgie dear Georgie...

I feel your pain. I clicked this thread because YES I do have something stuck..

"I'm just a kid who's 4 each day I grow some more I like exploring I'm Caillou..."
I don't use the word hate a lot, but I hate caillou.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Today, this one. I suppose it's because I practiced the bass part for an hr. last night.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesingingsaint
a reply to: Forensick

with what shall I fix it dear Georgie dear Georgie...

I feel your pain. I clicked this thread because YES I do have something stuck..

"I'm just a kid who's 4 each day I grow some more I like exploring I'm Caillou..."
I don't use the word hate a lot, but I hate caillou.

With straw? Who fixes a hole in a bucket with straw? If I were Georgie I would think this fellow liser was a sandwich short of a picnic going on to explain the best way to cut the long straw was with an axe. Bit overkill, just snap it, in fact, I will fix the bucket, you go and fetch firewood.

Here, thanks Liser, any idea how I should fetch firewood?

THwack!!!

Seems like a dull axe was good enough to silence georgie, now to bury him, where is spade, damn it, its broken, I better get some straw to fix it......

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's the fact it happens so often that everyone usually chalks it off to just one of those tunes that just pops in there but... there may be more to it. Even I used to do the same,

Yes , I know exactly what you are experiencing. Like you I thought nothing of it .Then one day
like you , I finally realised what was going on. Only took me forty some years to catch on to it.

For me , it can happen any time of day. A tune pops into my head and I either start singing
out loud or whistling. It's like an early warning system/oracle . I'll start to whistle , and a few moments
later someone enters my airspace. Sometimes I stll forget to do a "heads up" when it happens.
But yeah,when I start whistling , it usually means "incoming" or someone there but I have'nt sighted yet.
Yes, it predicts events too.

My tune for today was "One Bad Apple" Not sure yet what's goin, down with that.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
a reply to: djz3ro

Indeed a plethora of musical tastes
... "I am now curious to look into the why of it all" me also, thus the thread. You may find some of the time those tunes that just pop in your head may have some form of reasoning but unfortunately in the one example you gave it's just a simple case of a VERY, VERY addictive ditty
I'd like to thank you for putting it in my head for the next several hours

Ha ha no worries. I don't like every song that pops in my head though, especially Blue by Eifel 65. Mnah, Mnah is my ringtone though...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

While I understand why people might equate Bohemian Rhapsody to an actual killing. There is a good level of evidence that the song, is metaphorical, and Freddie was "coming out" to either his mother or his girl friend. He "killed a man" (the image they might have had of a straight Freddie (as opposed to the Bisexual one)).

But on the whole, songs (especially ones like BoRap) elicit feelings in people. So I understand what seeing news of a mass shooting might do if you had that song in your mind. Any particular part of the song?

Also given the number of mass shootings these days? Waking to news of one, is not shocking, sadly.

I understand that when wrote it's true meaning may be something completely different... but sadly knowing my own experiences throughout this life, for me it was a prelude to the event... but you are correct there are many shootings in the US, why this one? That being another question which is in essence impossible to answer.

I believe some of the time they are a prelude to something in advance and polling members in this way gives me an idea if it's common or a gift. Plus knowing as many have posted to the fact they experience those "Tune in your head" popping moments they may take more notice in future, just to even satisfy their own curiosity.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I am able to reproduce the sound of every instrument to songs perfectly in my head , as if there is a full orchestra playing in there!

I often awake to a song either from songs I like or have heard , or I will make my own !

I love it because I dont actually need an mp3 player I can replay the entire song in my head and the lyrics etc.

I just hope in whatever comes next I can replay them all myself physically or in some dream state
I just hope I dont get charged for having 10 million copy written works in my memory

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join