It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Arrested After Drawing of School Mass Murder Turned In By Student With Homework

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
© Gulf County Sheriff's Office

Yea, so basically that guy drew that picture and it ended up being turned in with some kids homework, of which his relation to said student is not currently disclosed. I sure hope it was not his kid. They charged him with issueing a threat to harm and such. Crazy nutter! Where the hell is Mexico Beach, Florida anyways?? Even I have not heard of that one, probably pan-handle area.

Gulf County Sheriffs Office Press Release (external .pdf file)
Sheriff Mike Harrison announces the arrest of Robert Paul Alexander Edwards (33) of Mexico Beach, FL. Edwards was arrested today and charged with violating Florida State Statute 836.10 - Written threat to kill or do bodily injury.
The investigation began today after staff at Port St. Joe Elementary School contacted the School Resource Deputy about a “disturbing” picture drawn on a student’s homework assignment. The drawing depicted a school house on fire, a person running from the school on fire and several others standing in a line being shot by an individual. The image included two people on the ground in what appeared to be a pool of blood. The words, “Pew, Pew, Pew,” were written next to the person with the gun. Through the course of the investigation it was determined Edwards drew the image.

Well, not sure what to say other than, hope its just a bull# bluff.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A bluff by whom?

BTW,
www.google.com...
edit on 12/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
A bluff by the subject of the story , who else? Thank you, I knew it had to be in the Pan-Handle, nothing like that sounded familiar from the South or central coastal areas.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

He looks like a real winner

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Operative word: "Florida"

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Arggggh it burns

The devil is in the detail.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A bluff by whom?

BTW,
www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Your tax dollars are really benefiting this fine young man toward a rewarding career in the mental health ward .

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Best not to judge by appearance..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Best not to judge by appearance..

How about appearance plus that picture of the school?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
not to defend the guy,
but isn't getting arrested for a drawing a violation of his rights?

thought crimes?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
He's MS 13, look at his chin.
Interesting history

about ms 13...
ms13
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yeah I think the same - however they'll probably keep him locked up if he doesn't have a decent lawyer.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It is considered a written threat to do harm because it was a depiction of mass murder of a school, turned in at a school in a time where maniacs have been attacking schools. Therefore they decided to make sure he gets trouble for even suggesting it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Phage
A bluff by the subject of the story , who else? Thank you, I knew it had to be in the Pan-Handle, nothing like that sounded familiar from the South or central coastal areas.

What would the geographical location have to do with crazy people? Last time I checked there weren't any actual mass shootings in the Panhandle area of Florida....

LOL the city has had one murder in 15 years!! lmao sounds like the armpit of the world!!

LINK

edit on 4-12-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It is considered a written threat to do harm because it was a depiction of mass murder of a school, turned in at a school in a time where maniacs have been attacking schools. Therefore they decided to make sure he gets trouble for even suggesting it.

I'm still confused why the picture went to school, but okay.
Aside from that, the guy drew a picture. That isn't a crime, or at least shouldn't be. How do we know he even drew it? Maybe the "some kid" who brought it in actually drew it, and this guy is taking the blame to keep the kid in school.
I'm not saying I defend the guy- I'm just saying this seems like an over-reach to me and I don't support authority over-reaching.... let them keep getting away with it and sooner or later they'll over-reach into my life.

If I drew a picture of a stick figure

originally posted by: Mandroid7
He's MS 13, look at his chin.
Interesting history

about ms 13...
ms13

Now that might be a reason for detainment... isn't ms13 composed primarily of people who don't have citizenship here in the US?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
drawing the picture is not the crime. It was delivering it to the facility in question with the message that it had that was the crime. If I wrote I will kill you, lordcomac and delivered it to your house I would get the same charge. or if I drew a specific person hanging, and then delivered it to them. Same thing. Like the guys who get visits from the secret service for saying ridiculous things on the internet, same thing.

Now, plus the speculation (or known by law enforcement) his affiliations with an international violent drug gang I would say the threat potential was quite significant. He will probably only do probation for this crime though if he was not already on supervised release and violated with this infraction.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill
I don't understand what correlation you were making there, or thought I was. I literally did not know where Mexico Beach, Florida is, and I live in Florida. I am familiar with many of the South and Central coastal communities because I live in Florida. I inferred it may be more up north in the pan handle because I do not know those areas as well, and thats where it was.

I would not want that guy in my community if my kids were in that school if he was making written threats like that either.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
not to defend the guy,
but isn't getting arrested for a drawing a violation of his rights?

thought crimes?

There should be crimes against art and this would count as such.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

They came here as refugees from a civil war and numbered around 425k, then in '96 they created a deportation law that deported them when convicted of crimes. They were deported by the tens of thousands and flooded together in their country, growing there, and here. They have taken ownership of prisons there.

Their motto... “Kill, rape, control.”

This guy probably does all.

Get him tf out, good job cops imo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join