It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark - Netflix Series

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I watched a series, Series One called Dark. An import from Germany. It is dubbed in English, but so worth the watch. I was very surprised at just how amazing this series was and well worth the watch. It involves time travel into the future and the past, and the illusion of reality. Time travel is my thing, i've always liked exploring this area, and can't wait for the next season of this Brilliantly written series!

Dark is the first German produced Netflix original series and it makes every effort to make its mark.

edit on 4-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I have found that I can't watch dubbed movies or shows.

It sounds really interesting so maybe they will redo it in English.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thank you. I prefer English as well, but i took a chance on this and wow, it blew my mind. It was more than worth my while watching this, i was pleasantly surprised.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I've always found that if the storyline is intriguing enough, I stop noticing that it's dubbed. Same with subtitles.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you like time travel, try timeless on NBC. Its not bad. People from slightly in the future are trying to stop a guy who hijacked their first ship and is basically trying to kill off members of what can only be synonymous with the Bilderbergs in order to alter history. There are dueling factions that want to stop him and others that need him to succeed.

Timeless on NBC. I will check out Dark though for sure.
Although I much prefer a dubbed production, I watched a whole season of a show from Norway without even subs! I pretty much just got the context, but there was a mix of English in there from time to time when they were trying to get help from the USA in regards to a Russian soft invasion and takeover of their energy sector. I also had to watch some crazy thai basketball superpowers movie that was like a live-action Thai version of NBA Jam. That # was actually funny even though I did not have subs for that either.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I've seen Timeless, it's good. Thank you

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Cool. Hey could you tell me if aniother time travel show I am certain you have seen got a second season? I forgot what it was called, but they travel back in time into the bodies of people at the exact moment of their deaths based on records they have in the future from news and such. They are trying to stop somebody from building something, or were trying to build something and it ended at a farm and I barely remember it to be honest, but I enjoyed it is what I do remember.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Was it Travellers?

io9.gizmodo.com...

edit on 4-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It absolutely was, thanks! I thought that was actually quite an original time travel story with some interesting plot twists. I sure hope they at least close it off with a second season.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I had a feeling this was the one, i've seen this one as well, and if they come out with another season, i will post it here for you.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hey, I "have" it.
Haven't watched it yet, but from what I read, it's sort-of, kind-of a little bit like Stranger Things, which is enough to peak my interest, seeing as the third season of ST won't be around for quite some time. Will try to find some time this evening and start watching the Dark.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nowanmai

You won't regret watching it, I liked it so much i emailed the link to my family and friends so they could watch it as well. I think it's a dozen times better than Stranger Things, and i've watched Stranger Things and liked it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I think it's a dozen times better than Stranger Things, and i've watched Stranger Things and liked it.

Well, that's nice to know, as I absolutely loved Stranger Things!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I watched the first episode. I like the differences I see in the production features and values versus something done in the US. They grab my interest more than the story line which like some of the dialogue is awkward. I don't plan on going back to subsequent episodes. It too closely resembles a more gritty remake of Stranger Things that I gave up on after watching the full, first series. In Dark we have at the basis level, older teens than the pre-teens of Stranger Things, and sex by adults thrown in to capture a larger audience. But the premise is exactly the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Can I watch it in German with subtitles? I find dubbing really ruins the immersion for me and it's ruined so many great movies. Let The Right One In was dubbed very badly, as was Old Boy - I have some friends that don't do reading :/

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

Can I watch it in German with subtitles? I find dubbing really ruins the immersion for me and it's ruined so many great movies. Let The Right One In was dubbed very badly, as was Old Boy - I have some friends that don't do reading :/

You can chose your subtitle language.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yep, it's great.

But it's even better in German with the subtitles. The dubbing is awful! And frequently doesn't follow the real dialogue very closely.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Season 2 of Travelers is already out. I really enjoy Travelers one of the better sci fi shows about. Loved 12 monkeys too once I got into it...binged watched it in 3 days. Problem is sci fi/fantasy shows rarely if ever run past 3-4 seasons

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: jokei

You can chose your subtitle language.

But will the audio track be German? If it's dubbed in English audio it will mess with my head - I'm a native English speaker, but dubbing ruins my sense of immersion.

originally posted by: Painterz
Yep, it's great.

But it's even better in German with the subtitles. The dubbing is awful! And frequently doesn't follow the real dialogue very closely.

Question answered, thanks

edit on 4/12/1717 by jokei because: it was a question and then it got answered and then I edited my post to reflect that the quetions got answered - I wonder how much I can type in this box?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Looks like my type of series but unfortunately there are some languages that just mess with my mind and this is one of them unless its a german lady is talking dirty.

Also, my screen is quite small so reading subtitles is a bit of a problem, not to mention subtitled tv usually is in white and when you have light background, it makes it even harder to read.
edit on CSTMon, 04 Dec 2017 07:12:47 -06000000003107x047x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join