It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as good people anymore

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CloseEncountersGuy

The idea of good and bad was always a lie.
Humans beings have always done whatever it is they wanted or needed to do.
One persons good can appear bad from another and vise versa.

It is impossible to be all good or all bad. And it always has been.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
You sound very much like a kid I have,the result of too much gaming and little reality,I don't think others have the problem you do,sounds like you try to make yourself seem like the perfect person,in your eyes,you need help

Maybe if you old timers had spent more time playing cod, we'd not be encumbered by all this extra added work.

Typical old person, blaming the youth for things they didn't even do...

Our parents, grandparents and those before tried to give advice or suggest too...

We learn by our mistakes but unfortunately this generation of “screen” kids think they know it all because... Internet...

Nothing wrong at all with good old fashioned and reasonable “mouth to ear” communication...

It’s not about being old but more about life’s experiences and becoming maturer... in my opinion that is!

From a miserable old 52 year old.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dancejunkie35

I live with and take care of my sick mother so I have no issues with that.
I wish I could meet a nice girl that was a true homebody. One that didn't care about going out. One that could be happy seeing a friend once a month or less, even better would be a girl that was happy , as I am, without having best friends at all.
I do like to go to music fests and house parties and camping trips both alone and with large groups of people and being the center of attention is fun for me, so I don't fit the introvert description.

I'm good looking and smart but I just don't care about having friends. When I go out , even in a situation were I am the center of attention, I like to do my own thing. If I feel like finding some strangers and hanging with them instead of the people I came with then that's what I will do. If I feel like staying home for a year with no contact with the outside world then that is what I will do.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Of course there are many good people.

I am a good person. My best friend and his wife are good people.

What is a good person anyway?

Is a bad person bad just because YOU say they are?

I think you are being super duper JUDGEMENTAL and telling porky pies. You are being a drama queen about it all and in danger of losing your grasp on reality because...

There are many good people. I would not even dare to suppose I know who is good and bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A piece of crap is offensive? And yeah, youve clearly got a superiority complex going on here. Which category do you fall in? Or are you just wrong? Or bitter about being antisocial?

I get this is just a rant but damn... just about everyone is good and bad, it all comes down to perspective. I will secede that most people are srlfish but that doesnt make them any worse than others in most cases, it is just the human condition.
edit on 4-12-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Every person you have met and will ever meet has both good and bad qualities in them.

All of us see bad parts of the people we love. The ones with patience hearts will forgive others of their evil deeds, and inturn will be forgiven of ours by them.

It takes an intelligent mind to seek understanding from the other humans that we share earth with.
You claim to be intelligent. If that's true than use your mind to get to know and understand the people around you. I promise you will find good in them. Best place to start is to ask them why they do the things you would label as "bad". And then once you get to know them the next step would be to ask them what it is about yourself that they think is wrong or bad.
edit on 4-12-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Actually, sometimes if you just go for a good old poo on the bog and pick up the bottles in your toilet or bathroom and read the labels whilst doing said poo might make a difference!

I did many years ago and am a brand new person now...!

A member called Rodinus once wrote a thread about that type of stuff and worth a search in the annales of ATS!?

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dancejunkie35

I used to be a very social outgoing girl. Til I got sick with lupus & RA. I learned who my real friends were quickly. I have none. I don't leave my home unless I have too. I get so lonely sometimes but all it takes is a few social interactions with the general public & I'm back to my hermit like existence. I think my issue is i have so many strange ( to the general public) interests like those here on ATS & in the bible belt small town Oklahoma hardly anyone i know is interested in catching evps reading tarot cards & looking for aliens. Haha I don't like people anymore but what I'm trying to say is I think it's my location more rhan anything. Maybe if i lived in one of the bigger cities id have more friends but I don't. AND it's sad. It's a sad lonely existence. But it's better than dealing with the constant pain of other people hurting you. As my best friend told me before he left. No one wants a sick girl! So. Dancejunkie is alone. But I'm not unhappy!

I live overseas and I feel for you. Life without friends is rough to say the least. I live where there are a only a few foreigners and when I see them they stick their nose up in the air. So I had hope, but I gave up many years ago, I don't even bother to say hi these day and I too am a country person with a smile, but I just end up saying screw it why even try to put a smile on their face.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Dancejunkie35

I used to be a very social outgoing girl. Til I got sick with lupus & RA. I learned who my real friends were quickly. I have none. I don't leave my home unless I have too. I get so lonely sometimes but all it takes is a few social interactions with the general public & I'm back to my hermit like existence. I think my issue is i have so many strange ( to the general public) interests like those here on ATS & in the bible belt small town Oklahoma hardly anyone i know is interested in catching evps reading tarot cards & looking for aliens. Haha I don't like people anymore but what I'm trying to say is I think it's my location more rhan anything. Maybe if i lived in one of the bigger cities id have more friends but I don't. AND it's sad. It's a sad lonely existence. But it's better than dealing with the constant pain of other people hurting you. As my best friend told me before he left. No one wants a sick girl! So. Dancejunkie is alone. But I'm not unhappy!

I live overseas and I feel for you. Life without friends is rough to say the least. I live where there are a only a few foreigners and when I see them they stick their nose up in the air. So I had hope, but I gave up many years ago, I don't even bother to say hi these day and I too am a country person with a smile, but I just end up saying screw it why even try to put a smile on their face.

Bugger the miserable sods with a big smile...

Couldnt agree more mate...

Send me your adress by U2U I’m there tomorrow....

Serious too!

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You wrote this thread.
"How do i find an intelligent womsn to speak with?"

I wonder how sincere or how accurate your evaluation of events and people around you are.
You seem to hold a lot of resentment and yet you wish to find a woman.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You wrote this thread.

I wonder how sincere or how accurate your evaluation of events and people around you are.

Good luck

And YOU think you are a judge instead of taking a couple of steps back before responding?

Well done Mr/Mrs Judge...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You wrote this thread.

Good luck

As an intelligent woman and therefor a potential 'partner' I would have to ask myself

"what has he to offer me"

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I took steps forward in reading their other threads which I normally do with new accounts - to get a feel of who they are.
Sometimes one deduces a troll in our midst (not implying the OP).

I am not certified to be a judge nor do I earn their pay. I can however form an opinion based on the spate of threads recently by the OP. To me they seem like they are a misanthrope.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It takes all sorts to make a successful relationship - they may not be your cup or tea but I'm sure there is someone out there for everyone.

I have always been struck by your avatar name; aletheia in Greek means truth. I would probably date you if I wasn't married.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I am somewhat reclusive with a "bad" family. The past few years have been hard due to my physical status.

Having been married, divorced, had a great life, traveled, educated myself; I many times realize I've been very lucky.

I'm no longer looking for romance but more friends would be nice but you gotta get out there to meet them. Good neighbors are really nice-my family-means brothers sister mother-have way too much drama for me.

I asked myself what makes me happy. I found my answers and now following through-moving to Florida-continue my interests in animals-and make friends where I can.

I have seen firsthand what happens when you are secluded and unable to just be around others. Extreme bitterness and everyone's a j***a** but you. I've always been a bit of a polyanna-just lucky that's in my dna.

Granted-lots of a**h***** in this world and you do have to be in contact with some-but you gotta expose yourself to find the good ones- they are there-and they feel like you-you could bond over that negativity or grow together in your journey towards a better understanding of humanity-we ain't perfect but many of us realize that-and there are many many reasons to feel that way. Perhaps this is your destiny-to punch out of that negative/anti-social bag and lead others.

You are intelligent and well-written. There's a bright future still waiting for you if you want it. It may mean alot of work. Best wishes.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Seems like good, bad, or out right evil are considered relative these days. Often people can be down right evil but get a pass on the grounds of mental handicaps or technicalities. Basic moral issues are ignored if technically there is no laws violated.

Then again too is the Hillary defense of "they didn't intend to break the law". Being selfish, inconsiderate and mean spirited, even lying, cheating and stealing is often disregarded in a world where God is dead and you're not in danger of any consequences as long as you're not caught by the laws of man. In some instances people are praised for their lack of scruples when they can get away Scott free.

I'd like to believe that everyone will get their due eventually but that is a spiritual attitude that likely doesn't apply to everyday existence. Maybe you do feel superior, and perhaps you really are, but based on what metric? Mankind doesn't measure up when the yard stick of moral behavior is used because moral relativity allows for no absolutes. IMO you can't measure a crooked world with a straight edge so it does you little good to try. Just try to live up to your own standards and be happy with yourself for doing so.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I am going to be totally real with you here, and I apologise in advance if this displeases you, but it is for the best, I think.

If having a life which is not relaxing is the worst a person ever did for you, you got off pretty damned lightly. Life is not supposed to be easy. Its meant to be hard, it has no meaning when you can waft from day to day, with no challenges, no obstacles of either mind or material to work around or through. Some of the most nourishing and vital things I have ever spent my time doing, were nothing at all resembling relaxing things to be involved with, and most of them were necessary to my survival.

Life is meant to be chasing down prey with a bow or spear, and when its good and damned tired, slaying it, then dragging the meat and skin back to camp, having pared it down into its useful components. This concrete and brick built oddity we refer to as life nowadays is a total crapshoot in comparison. Its made us soft and stupid, more obsessed with how much time we have to fritter away in sedate pursuits, than we are about getting out there and taking a breath of cold, clean air, and being energised by it, motivated to move, to do, to achieve something, just for its own sake, rather than for an easily perceived reward.

You do not have a right to a peaceful and relaxing existence. You have a right to an existence, you have a right to pursue your happiness, but theres no law or ideal which protects your right to a relaxed existence. No one in the world has any such right. Some people have managed to GET a life like that, but its not a right.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You forgot the group that sits around drinking coffee, gazing at their navels while they invent ways to demean everyone else around them because it makes them feel better about themselves because then they are the piece of crap that doesn't stink.
edit on 4-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You forgot the group that sits around drinking coffee, gazing at their navels while they invent ways to demean everyone else around them because it makes them feel better about themselves because then they are the piece of crap that doesn't stink.

Us management types like to call that management.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
OP sounds like a miserable git that wants everything perfect on a platter.
The truth is, other people probably avoid him like mad if they have a couple of brain cells. I know I would.
OP is the person that he hates and blames the world for it.

As for the intelligent woman he can't find; it is clear to me why now that I read all his posts. Any intelligent woman would run before he even opens his mouth.

If you want to attract a diamond, you can't be a turd.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join