It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The owner of the dog omitted that info from the video reporting. On his facebook page he was directly asked if his dog bit someone and he replied - Yes, my neighbor. When he was pushed for more info he said he was done talking and already provided his version of events.

Law Enforcement was called out because of the initial dog bite call. Upon arrival the dog charged at the officers 2 times and was shot.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Apparently this is now being picked up by local news then? Thanks for that information

Realistically I am unsure how to explain it. The rabies angle makes sense to a degree, until you consider asking an untrained and upset individual to handle potentially infected bodily fluids he would certainly be exposed to.

I don't know what else to say, other than that there must be more to this. The other officer does say at one point "that isn't what he was saying, if you would have let him explain" but then the guy cuts him off again by ranting.

Something just doesn't seem quite right about this. The decapitation order is flat out strange, if that is true.

Either way since this apparently did happen their department and others will be looking at this a thousand ways from Sunday. Lots of scrutiny coming their way, but it is probably best to reserve judgement until all the facts come out and everyone has a chance to tell their side of the story. A video tells part of the story, but it doesn't capture the context or events leading up to an event.

edit on 12/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Americans as a whole are pathological in general. The whole world sees it. So glad i dont live there any more.

Lol, you have been gone for 2 days.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Even tho you knew you were video taping everything and that you'd get a gigantic lawsuit settlement after?

Being my pet was just shot..pets being family, I might not have been thinking about reaping any lawsuit $$, I'd of been really pissed/upset..hard to say for certain till in that position but no way could I imagine cutting off my own pets head.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: MountainLaurel

These things are designed to be shocking.

Think about this logically for a second, which admittedly is difficult given the content of the video. However, there are so many details and conclusions pointing toward this being some type of hoax or skit. There is just no way any officer would allow or recommend someone who is clearly upset/hostile to grab a knife. The liability of accidental injury alone would be staggering, let alone the liability if he were to attack one of the officers or another person.

That is just my opinion, but I posted a few things earlier taking a closer look at each major part of this. Several other ATSers have also expressed concerns regarding the validity of this. Just something to consider, keep in mind this hasn't graced MSM yet either.

Yes, my knee jerk reaction was based on shock and emotions before I knew all the facts or even watched the video. I agree something about this whole thing seems very weird the more I find out and after watching the video. I still haven't and won't look at the be-heading link in the OP, but based on what I saw in the video, if the pet owner did be-head that poor dog and filmed it, he's a wacko. I never heard anyone but him say on the video that he had to be-head that dog himself. The whole thing stinks..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OP. I'm just going to assume that cops/LEO's.. Have a very mis-understanding, of "self worth".

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I would tell them to go f@ck themselves..they can go ahead and beat me, take me to jail..etc

Yup that’s exactly what I would do.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Tough spot to be put in, especially in front of your kids(hopefully they would of been brought back into the house) standing your ground for what is right, or against something clearly so wrong is an important lesson for them to understand.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What in the name of Sam-Hill is all of this idiocy about cutting-off dog's heads?
Have we been dropped in an alternate universe?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If the dead dog didn’t bite anyone, how is cutting his head off relavemt to anything?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Oh I see from comments the dog bit the neighbor. Sorry this is one video I refuse to watch

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Man that is some sick shi* dude.WTF?We are living in a weird time..

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Because folks are stupid.

If they wanted to figure out if the dog had rabies they should take a post mortum blood draw and find out.

If they thought the dog had some sort of brain disease then maybe a surgeon or somebody more qualified should remove the head for examination. The last person on earth qualified to properly remove a dogs head for scientific study would have been the dog owner and it certainly wouldnt have been the dumb cop.

Forcing the dog owner to do it is a combination of unethical pathology coupled with plain stupidity and ignorance. Basically it would take a group of pathological literal morons to make a law that stupid and pass it. But given the location frankly im not surprised in the least.
Not exactly a shining example of being the greatest country on earth. Not that anybody else in the world whos not living under a rock actually believes that self agrandizing hype.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I've not watched the videos, nor will I, as any cruelty to animals, live or dead, upsets me too much.

I just wanted to add my comments.

Even if the officer was correct within the letter of the law, he was morally wrong on every level to force the man to decapitate his own pet dog under threat of jail. No matter what the reason is. If they needed the head removing to test the neural tissue for rabies, then it should have been done professionally, in a vets surgery, under controlled and sterile conditions, not in a driveway with a kitchen knife. For a whole slew of reasons.
1. Contamination of the person beheading the animal.
2. Cross contamination of the neural tissue being sampled.
3. Emotional distress.

In fact the only reason I can think of that the officier would force him to behead his own pet there and then, instead of removing the pet for proper surgical procedure, is to cause the man further emotional pain, and assert dominance over him.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

You should watch the embedded video then...you will find the following:

1) He was told where he could take the dog to have the head removed, he volunteered to cut the dogs head off himself
2) That's not how it works
3) He volunteered, and from watching the video you can tell he didn't even care a tiny bit about the dog. I also didn't see any children at any point in the video.

Nobody was forced to remove the head of a dog.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That's not how it works. The head is removed for rabies testing, you should have been able to figure that out on your own. Nobody was forced to do anything. Why people are continuing with that lie is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The video embedded doesn't even show the dog.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Good thing no bad ones are in the OP's video. If anything they went out of their way to make sure they were doing it right. the owner of the dog is the one who volunteered to cut the head off after finding out he would have to go pay to have the head removed. People should be angry at this owner for raising a violent Pit and perpetuating a stereo type.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Because folks are stupid.

If they wanted to figure out if the dog had rabies they should take a post mortum blood draw and find out.

If they thought the dog had some sort of brain disease then maybe a surgeon or somebody more qualified should remove the head for examination. The last person on earth qualified to properly remove a dogs head for scientific study would have been the dog owner and it certainly wouldnt have been the dumb cop.

Forcing the dog owner to do it is a combination of unethical pathology coupled with plain stupidity and ignorance. Basically it would take a group of pathological literal morons to make a law that stupid and pass it. But given the location frankly im not surprised in the least.
Not exactly a shining example of being the greatest country on earth. Not that anybody else in the world whos not living under a rock actually believes that self agrandizing hype.

I think it's stupid to react emotionally before knowing all the facts, which I myself am guilty of in this case. Did you know that rabies can not be detected through a blood test ? Once I calmed down and looked into this I found out that it does require testing the brain tissue of the deceased animal , as disgusting as this is to most people, the testing labs apparently only want the head of the animal delivered to them. It is possible to quarantine a live animal and and be pretty sure an animal doesn't have rabies if the animal doesn't show any symptoms after a certain period of time.

I absolutely agree the pet owner should have never been given the option to decapitate the dog himself, but after watching the video it appears that pet owner interpreted being told the dog's head needed to be tested as a command that he had to do it, he had the option to take the dog to a vet or make some other type of arrangement to pick up the dog. He also could have come up with the dogs vaccination records, which he claimed were up to date and then just buried the dog.

As important as it is to remain vigilant and hold public servants to high standards of conduct, it's just as important for the public to be informed and find out the facts before grabbing the pitch forks. We've had 2 or 3 cops in this thread who have been willing to take a lot of abuse by emotional posters, myself included and it ultimately inspired me to take a closer look at this case. If this whole story is even true, then there is plenty of blame to go around about how this whole thing was handled.

For those of us "stupid" Americans, we're still here in the trenches trying to make things better in the Country we Love, maybe we do it in an emotional dumb-ass way sometimes, but Wisdom is an evolution and I have faith we'll get there if we keep trying to be better and communicate thoughtfully. Most Americans are animal lovers, one of our good qualities, shows a lot of Heart.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

What samples are needed for rabies testing?

Rabies testing should be performed in accordance with the established national standardized protocol for rabies testing by a qualified laboratory that has been designated by the local or state health department. Euthanasia should be accomplished in such a way as to maintain the integrity of the brain so that the laboratory can recognize the anatomical parts.

Except in the case of very small animals, such as bats, only the head or brain (including brain stem) should be submitted to the laboratory. Fresh frozen (unfixed) tissues are preferred for rabies diagnosis

www.cdc.gov...

The decapitation would be the cops or animal controls responsibility, not the owners.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join