It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

A violent dog that bit a neighbor and attacked an officer...pretty sure that's on the owners. The act this guy volunteered to go get a kitchen knife to cut his dogs head off shows the kind of owner he was. He didn't give a sh*t about this dog, which is sadly the case for most pit owners. They want a scary dog, and that's it.
edit on 4-12-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
After watching the video, I am much less sympathetic to the dog owner. He certainly took a horrible situation and made it worse. He didn't seem to have much empathy for his dog or his family, he even says to the cop who shot his dog that's he more upset about being pushed around by purple shirt dude then the fact his dog was just shot !

I still think it's odd to have police, not animal control deal with this whole matter to begin with, and it was disturbing to me when the cop who killed the dog said, " I'll lay down any dog that tries to bite me ", in my mind that's not a good enough reason to kill a dog, especially when the dog is protecting it's property.

They could have used a megaphone to alert the homeowner they were there and had them restrain the dog while the matter was discussed and the pet owner should have never been given the option to deal with the head to begin with for reasons already discussed in this thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: notsure1

The embedded video guy...

Did you even read the OP? I dont think you did . It clearly explains what videos are where,

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There is a video embedded in the OP, did you actually read it? It's at the bottom of the post. The free thought project (a horrible site for information btw) does not embed the video. You have to click a link and go to facebook to watch the video, and then you have to click the link that allows you to play the video. That poster was saying they didn't even watch the embedded video.
edit on 4-12-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So you transcribed it, but missed this:

"'cuz I'm cussing"

No, I didn't miss it--I transcribed it. I listened. I typed. I chose when to stop typing. I know what he said.

But let me explain to you why I included that: It shows that the officer was using force when unnecessary, therefore trying to intimidate Mr. Goodwin into complying with his orders...which, according to Mr. Goodwin, included severing his dog's head under threat of arrest.

So he was never slammed against a truck for not cutting a dogs head off, he was slammed against a truck for verbally assaulting an officer.

Show me where I ever said that this was the reason that the officer assaulted him.

(I didn't)

Let's refrain from pretending any further that I said things that I did not--I have zero patience for that tired and overused tactic of debate on ATS.

We also only have HIS word that he was told he was going to Jail. NOWHERE in the video do either officers say he is going to jail...If anything, their demeanor towards him tells me they never had any intent on taking him to jail. He was never in cuffs, he was never detained.

You obviously need to understand two thing:

Generally speaking,

1. You don't need to place someone in handcuffs in order to detain (or even arrest) them, and

2. When the officer refused to let him leave and go into his house, that is tantamount to detaining Mr. Goodwin; he was not "free to go," therefore he was detained.

Other than that, I agree that we only have Mr. Goodwin's word about the threat from the investigator, but judging by the investigator's actions and demeanor at the start of the video, coupled with the fact that the other LEO doesn't negate the claim, I tend to think that he's telling the truth, at least the truth as he saw it at the time.

You and I have come to different conclusions about the demeanor of the investigator.

Please do not continue saying that I made claims that I did not.

Also, I'm starting to question the veracity of this incident overall, as well--I tried to click some of the links in the freethoughtproject link, and they're suddenly missing now. Also, if you search for Mr. Goodwin's name, this incident only comes up under the FTP link in the OP and nowhere else. Seems fishy to me.

Actually, it appears that he has been banned on Facebook for three days. I wonder what for...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Americans as a whole are pathological in general. The whole world sees it. So glad i dont live there any more.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This cop is a truly ill person. Take his badge away immediately.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wonder if american leos understand theyre looked down upon as hacks by nearly every other police force in the civilized world.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks, once I looked at the OP again it was clear which link was gruesome and that the video contained profanity only.

If the the other link actually showed the be-heading, then the dog owner is a sicko to film it and not just take the dog where it needed to go or call someone to come get it and then comfort his family. I need to stay away from these sorts of threads, they hurt my heart and my brain.

edit on 4-12-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here we go again with the hypocrisy of America. More people are upset over 1 dead dog and this specific cop then the hundreds of innocent men, women and children murdered by dozens of cops on a weekly basis. People continue to expose their bs superfical reality. FOH.

edit on 8/12/2015 by MasterMind007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I wonder if american leos understand theyre looked down upon as hacks by nearly every other police force in the civilized world.

Most of us who do our jobs correctly dont really care about other police agencies in countries other than our own who dont know our laws.

If you want American leos to sound off about actions in other countries we can but what would be the point? American leos know that one bad cop does not make all cops bad in those countries.

One would think that level of professional training by law enforcement outside the US would also know and understand that. As a Leo in the US I understand that that and think my counterparts in other countries do also.

I do like the fact though you have taken it upon yourself to make that declaration though.

ballsy if not shortsighted and ill informed.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterMind007
Here we go again with the hypocrisy of America. More people are upset over 1 dead dog and this specific cop then the hundreds of innocent men, women and children murdered by dozens of cops on a weekly basis. People continue to expose their bs superfical reality. FOH.

Weekly basis eh.. Feel free to cite your source for that wrong statistic..... please.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So you transcribed it, but missed this:

"'cuz I'm cussing"

No, I didn't miss it--I transcribed it. I listened. I typed. I chose when to stop typing. I know what he said.

But let me explain to you why I included that: It shows that the officer was using force when unnecessary, therefore trying to intimidate Mr. Goodwin into complying with his orders...which, according to Mr. Goodwin, included severing his dog's head under threat of arrest.

So he was never slammed against a truck for not cutting a dogs head off, he was slammed against a truck for verbally assaulting an officer.

Show me where I ever said that this was the reason that the officer assaulted him.

(I didn't)

Let's refrain from pretending any further that I said things that I did not--I have zero patience for that tired and overused tactic of debate on ATS.

We also only have HIS word that he was told he was going to Jail. NOWHERE in the video do either officers say he is going to jail...If anything, their demeanor towards him tells me they never had any intent on taking him to jail. He was never in cuffs, he was never detained.

You obviously need to understand two thing:

Generally speaking,

1. You don't need to place someone in handcuffs in order to detain (or even arrest) them, and

2. When the officer refused to let him leave and go into his house, that is tantamount to detaining Mr. Goodwin; he was not "free to go," therefore he was detained.

Other than that, I agree that we only have Mr. Goodwin's word about the threat from the investigator, but judging by the investigator's actions and demeanor at the start of the video, coupled with the fact that the other LEO doesn't negate the claim, I tend to think that he's telling the truth, at least the truth as he saw it at the time.

You and I have come to different conclusions about the demeanor of the investigator.

Please do not continue saying that I made claims that I did not.

Also, I'm starting to question the veracity of this incident overall, as well--I tried to click some of the links in the freethoughtproject link, and they're suddenly missing now. Also, if you search for Mr. Goodwin's name, this incident only comes up under the FTP link in the OP and nowhere else. Seems fishy to me.

Actually, it appears that he has been banned on Facebook for three days. I wonder what for...

SlapMonkey, that is really interesting. I too doubt the validity of the claims. That video shows an interaction, but of course tells us nothing about its context or whether it actually happened.

Time to compare the badge purple shirt had on his belt to the results I find on Google images for that department's badge.

Thanks for sharing that about social media being suspended

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterMind007

Now now, wouldn't want to expose your bias by presenting blatantly false information.

Point in fact, the vast majority of officer involved shootings are justifiable self defense or defense of other. Watching the body cam footage generally proves this, despite whatever spin various lobbyist groups and MSM puts on it.

I love how you laser focus on OIS but totally ignore the nearly 1,000 gang related murders between Chicago and Baltimore alone. Instead, you'd rather make general and biased statements that demonize an entire profession.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm going to go with both shortsighted and uninformed

theyre looked down upon as hacks by nearly every other police force

I would love to see a source for that claim

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

These things are designed to be shocking.

Think about this logically for a second, which admittedly is difficult given the content of the video. However, there are so many details and conclusions pointing toward this being some type of hoax or skit. There is just no way any officer would allow or recommend someone who is clearly upset/hostile to grab a knife. The liability of accidental injury alone would be staggering, let alone the liability if he were to attack one of the officers or another person.

That is just my opinion, but I posted a few things earlier taking a closer look at each major part of this. Several other ATSers have also expressed concerns regarding the validity of this. Just something to consider, keep in mind this hasn't graced MSM yet either.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Americans as a whole are pathological in general. The whole world sees it. So glad i dont live there any more.

Thanks for discrediting your previous baseless insults directed at the whole of America's LE. Luckily for you and others, our LEOs are so professional they would still risk their lives to protect you despite your poor attitude.
edit on 12/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Where did you get the dog ever attacked anyone ? The police officer, whom in this incident clearly lacks the knowledge of the law, stated the dog charged him. The officer was on private property without warrant or cause, at least none cited in the article. I would say the officer was clearly in the wrong and the dog looked well cared for from what I saw. If you think the officer was correctly doing his job here then there is clearly something wrong with you.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It certainly is shocking and apparently VERY real. A local CBS station worked on the story and spoke to the Department the officers worked for. A request for the report was denied as they stated they were still "working" on it.

I agree that a majority of our LEO are professionals but with any group there are always bad ones and because for so long the good ones protect the bad ones, that they all get lumped together

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That cop attacked the owner maybe he has rabies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join