It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Family’s Dog in Front of Kids, Force Dad to Cut Its Head Off Or Go To Jail

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Based on the reaction of the man and his wife, I think it was a bit more than "being scared". The wife even apologized for what the dog did.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Actually, the guidelines for sending an animal the size of a dog into the Georgia lab for rabies testing says to remove the dog's head and drain all of the fluids from the head before packaging and sending it in.

The testing is done on the brain, not the fluids.

The officer was within his rights to shoot the dog--if all that you're going on is the OP, you're missing a lot of the equation, like how the dog had bitten a neighbor, and in the video, the officer explains that the dog was aggressive toward him twice before feeling threatened and shooting the animal.

The shooting is justified under the law, but the forced head removal by the dog's owner, IMO, is BS and the LEO's department or the city should be sued over this, making a civilian with no training handle a dog suspected of being positive for rabies...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Why are you commenting on this if, but you own admission, you haven't even watched the video?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Again, watch the video. The owner VOLUNTEERED, even after being told where he could take the dog, to cut the head off with a kitchen knife.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I watched the video...I guess that I'll have to re-watch it, because for a large portion of the video, I hear the guy stating, very assertively, that it is absurd to be telling him to cut off the head of his own dog. The reason that he ended up "volunteering" to do it was because he wanted that assh0le of an investigator to leave.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

From about the 3:45 mark there is a conservation between the deputy and the dogs owner. The deputy explained that this is the first time they had to do this and that they were relaying what they had been told, but they understood what needed to happen now. At the 6ish mark is where he volunteers to cuts the dog head off after being told WHERE he can take the dog. So sure, it may have started as a misunderstanding, but it was cleared up. Nobody was forced to do anything. The Sheriff (he said my deputy, so I am assuming) in the purple shirt asked if he was refusing the head thing and didn't arrest him, he went and made a call to clarify what needed to happen. That shows restraint to me....

This guy was also never threatened for being told he wouldn't cut the dogs head off. By his own admission he was put against the car for how he was verbally assaulting the officer. It appears, plain as day, that they did not cuff him or anything as they obviously let him off the truck when he calmed down.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Again, watch the video. The owner VOLUNTEERED, even after being told where he could take the dog, to cut the head off with a kitchen knife.

Yeah, just watched the video again, so here's a transcript of what the guy says:

I have to cut my dog's head off, 'cuz the cop just told me to, or if not, I'm goin' to jail, y'all.

That officer, right there. (points camera to investigator on the phone)

And when I told him that I did not want to cut my dog's head off, he grabs me by the back of the damn shirt and slams me on my f*cking truck, 'cuz I'm cussing.

So, yeah, if you think that, by the time he ends up removing the dog's head, that it is don't voluntarily and not under duress, I have some mountaintop property on the Johnston Atoll that I'll sell you.

You probably think that he voluntarily gives a portion of his income to the IRS out of the goodness of his heart, too.

My above point still stands.

I have to cut my dog's head off, 'cuz the cop just told me to, or if not, I'm goin' to jail, y'all.

Hell, I'd probably "volunteer," too, so that my kids don't have to see their dog killed AND their dad go to jail on the same day.
edit on 4-12-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Without getting into if anyone in the video is being an Ahole, can we just check what has been written as law in "the land of the free", I swear you guys and guns just love shooting and maiming more each day.

The number of deaths per year from rabies are as low as 55,000 WORLDWIDE, the USA with a population of 300 million the chances of catching it are minimal, which I know does not eliminate caution....so lets shoot it dead and cut its head off

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree. These cops showed great restraint dealing with an idiot.
All these people rushing to defend this guy and run their mouths off about bad cops! I'll never understand them and they will never understand the crap you take being a public servant.
How about when this guy called him "the mother F'er in that faggy pink shirt?"? No outcry because he's a cop I guess.
Im guessing this was not a model pet owner. That Pit was probably going to eat that cop alive. And why we're the cops called out there anyway?
It was a stupid error on the black cop in telling him to remove the head, but I'm sure it's not the first time this dog owner took a knife to an animal. But I think him having to remove the head is a lie. No video or picks of that, just a cop hating article proclaiming they made him follow through.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So you transcribed it, but missed this:

he grabs me by the back of the damn shirt and slams me on my f*cking truck, 'cuz I'm cussing.

"'cuz I'm cussing"

So he was never slammed against a truck for not cutting a dogs head off, he was slammed against a truck for verbally assaulting an officer.

We also only have HIS word that he was told he was going to Jail. NOWHERE in the video do either officers say he is going to jail...If anything, their demeanor towards him tells me they never had any intent on taking him to jail. He was never in cuffs, he was never detained.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why are you commenting on this if, but you own admission, you haven't even watched the video?

Point taken, perhaps there are details in the video that can't be conveyed through text. I guess it makes this horrible thing more understandable if it was more about a confusing or poorly understood policy about how to handle the head, then about torturing the pet owner.....IDK,,,it's just awful all the way around.

Clearly this is one of those issues that's difficult to react to objectively, for me anyways, one of the WORST nightmares I ever had was that someone cut off my dogs heads, so this hit a nerve and I'm scared to watch the video.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can't think of any justifiable excuse for demanding a person mutilate the freshly killed corpse of a family member.

Nothing about this makes much sense.

I get the feeling this guy was being taught a lesson for something.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko Nobody was forced to do anything.

the dog was forced to die.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

order me to kill my own dog , then i'll be killing you first

here is the sheriffs email for crawford county sheriffs department
[email protected]

let him and his department know you wont stand for their sick practices

The more I watch this video the more I believe it is less than truthful. Why is this not in the news anywhere? Why have no official statements been made defending/denouncing this? We've heard nothing. Obviously that can change, but as it stands right now we have no way to know this isn't a prank/parody or even an intentional hoax (not accusing the OP, but whoever made the video and uploaded it should provide more context information). These people could even be real deputies, but participating in a joke video or whatever else.

The video itself including the reactions of the officers are just not right. For instance, I can understand one person being unreasonable but for another officer to stand there while he eggs this guy on to remove a dog's head is just not believable. There is nothing in the statutes (that I've been able to find, or seen here) that makes failure to do so an arrestable offense in addition to even being a recommended/sanctioned procedure. It is certainly not the policy of any department to have a pet's owner remove its head.

The request is entirely unreasonable, and the fact that no one (between one irate guy, and two alleged "LEOs") present at that location addresses the giant elephant in the room. There is no valid medical or legal reason to remove the dog's head. Even if it were for rabies testing, there is still not legitimate reason to do it in the field. That would be under the purview of animal control and/or the health department regardless. Because of this lack of legitimate reason for the request/order, there would only be two other options remaining.

1) He wanted to finish killing the dog, perhaps the initial shot(s) didn't accomplish that
2) He was being spiteful, and just so happened to decide to take it out in an extremely shocking/grotesque way while being recorded on video.

#2 is very unlikely, since even if this was the case, he wouldn't be acting like this on camera nor with another deputy present. Which brings me back to #1, in which case both "deputies" were armed and either could've fulfilled the need to terminate the dog with their weapon. This is much more humane than decapitation, which would likely fall under aggravated animal cruelty in GA.

b. Aggravated Cruelty to Animals (felony charge): A person commits the offense of aggravated cruelty to animals when he or she knowingly and maliciously causes death or physical harm to an animal by rendering a part of such animal's body useless or by seriously disfiguring such animal… [paraphrased] except for conduct otherwise permitted under state or federal law. O.C.G.A. §16-12-4

To humanely terminate it after the defensive shooting would be the only appropriate response - much like LEOs destroy deer and other injured critters. Removal of the head is never even a thought, and especially not trying to get someone else to do it.

To cruely decaptitate it (which is likely a crime) while being recorded on camera, with another officer in the background doing/saying nothing?

There is no way this is real. It is just too convenient. XCathdra pointed this out several pages ago, but there is 100% something fishy about all this.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I would tell them to go f@ck themselves..they can go ahead and beat me, take me to jail..etc

Even tho you knew you were video taping everything and that you'd get a gigantic lawsuit settlement after?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I don't believe that for one second. On camera? With another deputy (witness) who is going to risk their career/freedom by not speaking up? They knew they were being recorded, therefore doing anything that appears unreasonable (ie: indefensible, unable to justify the necessity of, etc) would be very stupid - especially given the way they know it looks, and the erroneous general anti-LE sentiment among people.

It appears decapitation would constitute "aggravated animal cruelty" under GA law. Even if they were *both* 99% certain they were acting in a legal and totally justifiable way, why risk committing a potential crime on camera?

Further, both deputies had firearms. Why not simply shoot it again? Or call animal control? There is no chance decapitation would be the go-to answer for any examples presented in this scenario. And I believe it is a scenario.

I could speculate at the motives for creating such a video, but I think it is pretty obvious. Even more obvious is the inclination to immediately start applying this isolated event to the entire profession. Does Night Nurse represent all nurses? Does Harvey Weinstein represent all actors/directors? Did Charles Manson represent all hippies?

Then why in the heck does one a-hole represent the totality of LE? Assuming this video is even true. Because its total lack of coverage doesn't add anything to its credibility.
edit on 12/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Nowhere in the video is a dead dog shown, nor is a head removed. Never was he forced to cut the head off. The title is a lie.

Thanks, I thought the OP had a graphic warning so I avoided watching it. I guess I'll watch it before I comment further.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Nowhere in the video is a dead dog shown, nor is a head removed. Never was he forced to cut the head off. The title is a lie.

There is another video at the link with the beheading, Raymundo is a liar.
edit on 4-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The embedded video guy...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The embedded video has no graphic nature to it. There is another link at the site, don't watch that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join